• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 - Alien X Ability Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
The profile currently says;
Acausality (Type 2)
No justification. A true gigachad moment. Unfathomably based.

Anyway, do the supporters have scans or justifications for this? If not, it should be nuked to Oblivion.

Are writer statements usable for this verse? If so, I don't see a problem. But I would be interested in seeing the evidence for removing it tho
Tbh, I don’t even know. We accept some but we deny others. If you ask me, we should just neg all of em if they're not from guide books.
Wasn't the statement something about there being only one Alien X at one point in time, like no other Ben could turn into Alien X if another did?
Yeah it was something like that.

The twitter statement doesn't even give the power iirc, I can say why if someone shows it.

I imagined this was about the massive assumption in his speed with evidence against it btw.

Also the following abilities:
Biological Manipulation, Invulnerability, Information Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Law Manipulation. Like, at least give them some description and explaination on the ability

One thing I have noticed, the popular the character, the worse the files is. Most people tend to only care about tiers and speed and doesn't fix the more important stuff.

One thing I have noticed, the popular the character, the worse the files is. Most people tend to only care about tiers and speed and doesn't fix the more important stuff.
Lack of scan, description, explaination, bad strutured, organized

there's evidence against acausality.
There is?

Also the twitter statement thing is wiki-wide issue, shouldn't be discussed here. I personally disagree with using any and all author statements (except to add consistency to something that is already present in the text, but that'd still only give the author no more power over his work than an average reader/consumer) after learning how death of the author works.

I also think that acausality based on a Twitter statement can probably be removed.

I also think that acausality based on a Twitter statement can probably be removed.
What’s the rule change between now and back when this was accepted that would warrant this? I mean this statement is pretty well known in the community and is also the statement that is used to argue there is only one Alien X. Which is generally accepted. It’s also used to support Alien X’s minds being outside of space and time (or hidden as DD worded it) as noted on his page (something which a lot of staff agreed with).

Last edited:
What’s the rule change between now and back when this was accepted that would warrant this? I mean this statement is pretty well known in the community and is also the statement that is used to argue there is only one Alien X. Which is generally accepted. It’s also used to support Alien X’s minds being outside of space and time (or hidden as DD worded it) as noted on his page (something which a lot of staff agreed with).
It's been a thing for a while now (don't remember when it was applied) that we don't accept author statements unless it's back up in verse.

Hmm well I can argue AX’s pocket dimension is outside of the timestream without WoG, which is outside of conventional space and time but embedded in the “space beyond”, a higher-order space (and there being only 1 Alien X is logical considering Azmuth only got 1 sample from the Forge which as far as we know doesn’t have alternate timelines). So that should be fine then.

Hmm well I can argue AX’s pocket dimension is outside of the timestream without WoG, which is outside of conventional space and time but embedded in the “space beyond”, a higher-order space (and there being only 1 Alien X is logical considering Azmuth only got 1 sample from the Forge which as far as we know doesn’t have alternate timelines). So that should be fine then.
Why does living in an area outside of spacetime grant you the ability to be unaffected by changes in time once you’re within a timeline?

Your claim is literally “Well X and Y can exist outside of the timeline so they’re resistant to past changes.” Unless you have more concrete evidence.

That would be type 4 no?

That would be type 4 no?
I’m unsure, it could be.
Why does living in an area outside of spacetime grant you the ability to be unaffected by changes in time once you’re within a timeline?

Your claim is literally “Well X and Y can exist outside of the timeline so they’re resistant to past changes.” Unless you have more concrete evidence.
The type 2 comes from the specific wording of the WoG, I wrote everything to support the WoG. If this is not enough to support that specific line (Ben and Ben 10,000 using the same AX) of the WoG then so be it.

The type 2 comes from the specific wording of the WoG, I wrote everything to support the WoG. If this is not enough to support that specific line (Ben and Ben 10,000 using the same AX) of the WoG then so be it.
I know. That’s why I asked what I asked when we’re strictly not referring to WoG.

This statement is the closet thing that’d imply some form of Acausality but I’m pretty sure any and all WoG statements for Alien X should be disregarded because they’re all loaded questions asked by powerscalers which I’m 99% sure we’re not supposed to use

I know. That’s why I asked what I asked when we’re strictly not referring to WoG.
Tbf the rules say that you have to support the WoG so it’s not baseless. Not that all the info needs to come from the work. So since I supported the WoG it should be allowed to use it according to the rules.
all WoG statements for Alien X should be disregarded because they’re all loaded questions asked by powerscalers which I’m 99% sure we’re not supposed to use
Not all of them. I’ll check if I can find the OG question though.

Tbf the rules say that you have to support the WoG so it’s not baseless. Not that all the info needs to come from the work. So since I supported the WoG it should be allowed to use it according to the rules.
How so?

I see Duncan’s explanation of Ben and Ben 10,000 using the same Alien X as a side-effect of them existing outside of space and time with Duncan elaborating on the exact effects such as existence would have within the context of Ben 10. I supported/can support (see this thread for more details, although not everything I said will be mentioned there. Zamasu is aware of what I’m talking about though so that’s why I’m being brief, but I’ll elaborate if you want more context) Alien X existing outside of space and time.

Also since timelines are out-of-sync with each other (for instance 16-year old Ben Prime’s present seems to correspond with a younger Ben 23’s present) one could potentially infer older and younger versions of Ben using the same Alien X (who’s pocket dimension connects to different point in time) anyways.

Last edited:
Don't link me a whole thread, tell me here with evidence what is consistent about that post.
Fine, when I get to my laptop then. Keep in mind that them existing outside of space and time is already accepted though. So kinda seems to go against the point of getting something accepted if I have to re-establish it to support an argument that has it as a basis.

Fine, when I get to my laptop then. Keep in mind that them existing outside of space and time is already accepted though. So kinda seems to go against the point of getting something accepted if I have to re-establish it to support an argument that has it as a basis.
That's not in the profile and its application is interpretable, I can't rely on how it got accepted in other thread.

Found this post which summarizes it decently well. Rn I’d argue that the other WoG’s get yeeted by the wiki’s standards before they even get a chance to contradict Duncan’s and it also doesn’t mention anything about the “space beyond” and “the leaf that is not a place” so I’ll elaborate on that later.
That doesn't tell me anything.

Thing is, you could in-universe gain anything under the pretence of being outside of time, Infinite speed, random forms of Acausality, resistances to random forms of Time Manip but not all of them, or to all of them, etc. That Alien X is outside time, if he is, doesn't mean much. That twitter statement is the equivalent of saying "Kid Ben and old Ben are in a room and want to change up to Alien X, who is in another room, he needs to come and switch places with Ben but can only do so with 1 Ben", it says nothing about how Alien X doesn't exist in the past and future, only how 2 Bens can't turn into the same transformation that is Alien X.

It seems like the consensus here is that the Twitter statement is not sufficiently reliable to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back