• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best dog gets to train with best guy

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
That's right bois, the fight nobody's ever asked for (maybe) but I'm giving it anyways!

Lancer (Fate/stay night)

vs

Itachi Uchiha

Rules:

• Summoned in Europe C├║ Chulainn vs Alive Itachi.
  • Speed equalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.
  • The battle takes place in a random forest the two of them never been to before.
Music:

Neutral Battle Theme

C├║ Chulainn's Battle Theme

Itachi's Battle Theme

Score:

Doggo: 0

Good boi: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Megane!Lancer
u wot

Cool itachi
m8

I share that view, but as in the profile of the lancer says he has resistance to magic with mind manipulation, I'd rather wait to see if it's at the level of itachi genjutsu.

What is the scale of Itachi's genjutsu? Lancer's magic resistance also applies to Mind Manip, and it's pretty decent among Servants; enough to keep even Caster from attempting to use her own mind manipulation.

Without genjutsu, Gae Bolg gg, but I'm not voting for now.

Itachi via genjutsu, there is literally nothing Lancer can do about that. As for Gae bolg if Itachi has his Susanoo up it would give too much space for Lancer to be able to come up close and Gae Bolg Itachi which is the only way Itachi can lost this. Itachi also has exploding clones to use which lancer could accidentally Gae bolg and kill himself, Itachi has all the cards in his bag.

Gargoyle One said:
Susanoo can't stop Barbed Spear, but yeah
It wont stop the spear but it would stop it from being launched in the first place since he has to be relatively close to activate the always hit the heart bit. The range version is useless against the Yata mirror however.

That's assuming Itachi has Susanoo up when Cu decides to use it. Remember that Itachi in life was only forced to use Susanoo when faced with an attack he couldn't handle without it, likely to avoid deteriorating his eyesight further. Meanwhile, Lancer only has to be pushed slightly to force him to use Gae Bolg. He brought it out as soon as he was tired of Archer recreating his weapons when disarmed. He brought it out as soon as he couldn't keep up with Saber's invisible sword. Even if he does have it up, Lancer only needs to be within about 4 metres of his target to use Gae Bolg. Don't know how wide Susanoo is, but if its radius is anything below that then it won't stop the spear from being used.

Again, nobody has told me the actual extent of the potency of Itachi's genjutsu. Reminder that Caster could effortlessly cast an elaborate illusion on her former Master, strong enough to keep him inside of it for an extensive period of time, despite the fact that his actual body was burning alive. As far as I know, that's superior to every genjutsu in the Naruto-verse barring Tsukuyomi, and Caster didn't even bother trying to use illusions on any Servant, even those without Magic Resistance, despite some serious prep time.

Multiple reasons Itachi did not use Susanoo earlier:

1. He does not want to kill his brother.

2. He was dying ofcourse he wont use it instantly, it tires him out.

3. He wanted Orochimaru to show himself first so that he could be sealed.

When against Nagato and Kabuto he used it extremely quickly. I see no reason that Cu would use Gae Bolg before he uses Susanoo. The radius of a full Susanoo is like 5 metres+. And the moment he uses it Cu does not stand a chance personally.

Itachi tsukuyomi is per number of people looking into his eyes at the moment, of course it would never be used on a large number of people. But it is powerful enough to be above Obito's which can capture a tailed beast with his Sharingan which are basically pure chakra.

Solacis said:
Again, nobody has told me the actual extent of the potency of Itachi's genjutsu. Reminder that Caster could effortlessly cast an elaborate illusion on her former Master, strong enough to keep him inside of it for an extensive period of time
This is extremely unimpressive.

Potency isn't measured by how elaborate the illusion is whatsoever as the potency isn't to create an illusion, to effect the amount of minds and to surpass that of a minds defenses. A single person with no resistance to illusions getting put in an illusion is something even the worst form of illusions in Naruto can do, let alone Genjutsu which bypasses resistances to normal illusions and can affect a stadium.

Ah, I see. I'd argue that Caster's original Master supposedly being an incredibly good magus would warrant at least a somewhat notable level of resistance to mind manipulation, due to the ability being exceedingly common among Magi, but then again, so is genjutsu in a world of shinobi. In that case, yeah, C rank MR isn't going to cut it for Cu.

Still think Cu would go for the Gae Bolg before Itachi goes for the Susanoo, but if Cu get Tsukuyomi'd before that happens then my vote goes to Itachi.

Using Magic and having resistance to illusions add wildely different

Even then effecting one person with resistance<<<<Effecting multiple people with resistance

BTW Susanoo is irrelevant here, Genjutsu is used without it

I know how mind manip feats work. I just didn't know/couldn't remember Itachi ever catching multiple people in a genjutsu before. I also know that Susanoo doesn't have to be used to use Tsukuyomi, I just pointed out that if Cu gets Tsukuyomi'd before he can use Gae Bolg, then it doesn't matter whether or not Susanoo can prevent the spear from reaching Itachi.

By alive Itachi, I assume its the Itachi vs Sasuke version or Part 1, so his eyes aren't too good rn. He does however drop Tsukuyomi quite quickly so that could be problematic for Cu.

On the topic of Casters OG Master, all magus get resistance to magic by virtue of having Magic Circuits. More mana also equals more Magic Resistance. He is at least a decent magus, reducing a month long cast time to instant, and is able to perform large scale weather manipulation. The weather manipulation requires a long ritual and is noted to be inefficient meaning he expends more prana than needed.

Caster herself has shown to mind control people all the way across a city on two occasions that I can think of, Shirou and everyone in Ryuudou temple, put her OG master in the illusion mentioned above. The fact he was burning alive and had no clue it was happening despite his MR all while she was running on fumes should say something. Not as good as Itachi but this fight definitely isn't genjutsu gg.

The problem I see for Itachi is that Cu goes for Gae Bolg the moment he encounters a setback or gets annoyed. Gets sick of disarming Archer, Gae Bolg. Invisible sword, Gae Bolg. Trolled by Assassin, Gae Bolg. Archer won't answer his question, Gae Bolg. His fights are literally

>Poke at the enemy a few times

>Didn't work?

>Gae Bolg

Itachi also won't be sneaking off because of Ath nGabla and Death Runes are also fun, plus all of Itachi's gear is useless because of the immunity.

Correction to an earlier statement, Gae Bolg's melee version range is much higher than 2-4 metres. In Hollow Ataraxia, Lancer used Gae Bolg at a range of 10 metres.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Even if he does use the Genjutsu, I'm pretty sure that Lancer can activate his NP even from within the Genjutsu and still kill
Not at al, anything that he tried to do in tsukuyomi only happens in tsukuyomi, in others words in reall rlife he is still just standing there.

I meant the shadow one more than the crow one, as the sadow could both win, or lose and let Itachi know that he needs to do his stuff right away.

@Garg

All he has to do is say the true name and Itachi is done.

Also, since Chakra apparently equalizes to Magic, Lancer's magic resist should basically let him hold out until he can use his NP. Whether or not his base would be enough, he still has his runes

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Ric

It does help against mind hax, that is a proven fact.

Clone won't help, especially since the true name means it goes to the real one
It doesn't help if said resistance isn't even close to enough however

Back