• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Stats and big changes
  • The Invisible Woman's profile should just be called Invisible Woman
  • From Doom's durability:
    • How he can "easily take a beating from the Thing" doesn't pointed out how he still get harmed by it
    • The attack he took from Galactus should not be there as Galactus was just expeling Doom out of his ship while also feeling like harming Doom on it. How Doom was left after this was a very important part of that feat and we just so happen to ignore it.
    • The punch that sent him flying around the planet is cool and all but notat his level
    • The attack he barely survived from Thanos w/ the IG was with a Thanos who was playing around and how harmed by a kick from Spider-Man and tagged by the latter and Wolverine as he was fighting everyone
    • Thor was going easy on Doom in Secret Wars and went away from the fight later, Doom's forcefields taking his attack shouldn't go in the "higher" for it
  • See here, Reed should vary from 9-A to 5-A with his best attacks and have his LS up the same level as the Thing, he's repeatedly able to harm and restrain the Thing, Namor, Super Skrull, Doom and the likes on their level via stretching. It doesn't particularly make sense but it's consistent
  • On Torch
    • That Small Country level calc is pretty weird. The timeframe is made up, the distance could have been exaggerated and he did what was calc'd via spinning while using his powers, thus creating a tornado and controlling it as it moved, which somehow scales to his normal attacks.
    • See here, he should be on the same level as the Thing, Namor, Super Skrull and Doom with his attacks and in durability
    • His Supernova was said to be rival "the brilliance and power of an exploding star!" (Strange Tales (1951) issue 112), so, shouldn't it be 4-B?
    • His Sub-Relativistic speed is pretty wrong. It's a pretty big outlier for the time where it happened next to other FF feats, the Torch is on the same level of speed as Reed, the Thing and Sue and so they shouldn't have other stats. The possibility of the text saying the timeframe of the feat being just poetic is absolutely there, even ignoring how Reed and the Thing would have been able to react to a rock falling on the should they be a tiny bit comparable to the Torch saving them from it at those crazy speeds.
  • Where does the Thing's LS come from and why doesn't it scale to Doom's?
  • All FF, Doom and other FF foes should scale the Massively Hypersonic+ speeds of other Marvel characters, see here, here, here and here
The rest of the thread are powers additions mostly w/o scans and only the names of the comes where they happen, so sadly evaluate it could only be done via overlooking the comics or having already read it and remembering those bits of them.
Mister Fantastic

Human Torch

Doctor Doom

Invisible Woman

• [[Martial Arts]]: Knows Judo- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 17
  • [[Intangibility]] [[Negation]]: Her forcefields affect targets so that nothing in it can remain unsolid, making the intangable Red Ghost tangable again in it- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 29
  • [[Energy Manip: Can control the form of her forcefield at will
  • [[Telekinesis]]: Warped her forcefield on Ben to force him to do something relatively simple, with Ben being unable to help himself in the situation- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 32

The Thing
  • Superhuman Willpower (Is that still a thing?) when motivated- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 17
  • [[Multiple Personalities]]: His mind and will isn't affected by a ray as Ben as was the Thing, turning back to the Thing makes him under the effects of the ray again- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 19
  • [[Martial Arts]]: Knows Judo and Boxing- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 19
  • [[Absorption]]: Once absorbed electricity and had a yellow body for it- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 27
  • Very limited [[Resistance]] to [[Mind Manipulation]]: His bond of friendship with Torch made them not destroy each other when Puppet Master controlled them to do so at somewhat long range, but they still fought- Strange Tales (1951) issue 116
  • After being controlled by the Puppet Master to let Torch die the nagging thought that his friend must be rescued tried to surface, pounding harder and harder within him, causing every fibre of his being to strain and seeth until, unable to stand the stress and unbearable tension any longer, the very blood cells of his body changed, reverting him back to human form- Strange Tales (1951) issue 126
  • [[Vehicular Mastery]]: Strange Tales (1951) issue 126
  • [[Acrob: Climbed up some floors of the Baxter Building from the outside- Fantastic Four (1961) issue 34

Last edited:
This seems fine to apply to me, except for Tracer's comment and that the Thing shoud only have limited absorption.

@Firestorm808 what do you think?

You're adding scans for all of these, right?

Also for the Human Torch, his file I'll probably revise on a later date, our standards for heat manipulation have made his profile along with Iceman's, completely unreliable, and we shouldn't scale them 1-to-1 to The Thing, Namor and like.

Rest I will judge alongside scans

Well, no. Given the very weird way Imgur works it would severely hinder other work I'm doing there for other verse to create scans here, I was aiming on doing this later.

That was part of why I ignored this thread but on the first part there are still some things that can be evaluated w/o scans, and as bad as it is, others would only take people to look it up themselves by glancing over the comics. I know it's not optimum.

His Supernova was said to be rival "the brilliance and power of an exploding star!" (Strange Tales (1951) issue 112), so, shouldn't it be 4-B?
Exploding stars/supernovas are only High 4-C

Everything else I'm generally in agreement of. Though 9-A to 5-A isn't exactly the best tiering placement I've ever seen

Well, no. Given the very weird way Imgur works it would severely hinder other work I'm doing there for other verse to create scans here, I was aiming on doing this later.

That was part of why I ignored this thread but on the first part there are still some things that can be evaluated w/o scans, and as bad as it is, others would only take people to look it up themselves by glancing over the comics. I know it's not optimum.
I think alotta of it I have to evaluate based on the scans, so yeah I'll wait ig.

This was totally forgotten and the revision should happen anyways to fix the links because right now multiple characters that link to the thing didnt got changed, like Colossos still MHS+ while The thing is Hypersonic, Amadeus Cho same, Super Skrull same, Korg and others, if he is upgraded back to MHS+ there are pages that would be affected

Can somebody explain what has been accepted to be applied in this, thread and what still remains to do here, please?

Most of the stuff in the OP is fine, but some are outdated. For example, Reed's lower limits (according to his profile) are 8-C rather than 9-A now, with a pretty solid scaling chain to back this up

The speed stuff is also a bit outdated given MHS scaling was recently(ish?) changed

The rest seems good though

Last edited:
@Eficiente

Okay. So what do you currently need done here then?

Last edited:
Back