• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher: It's finally time for Tier 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, decided to make Bill's Tier 1 a reality, so...

Premise
(Sorry if the following Imgur albums will seem lengthy but I'll need to give context)

Basically, I read recently the Gravity Falls comics, and I noticed that just Bill Cipher being Low 2-C is complete downplay and even contradicts the point of one of the stories.

The comic in short is Lost Legends, which brought 4 new stories to the franchise, and the story I am going to bring is is "Don't Dimension it". The plot in short is about Stanford going around the multiverse in order to see anomalies that Bill created with the Weirdmageddon, as stated from both himself and Shmebulock (who is the narrator here):

The theme of the story is multiversal, as the main plot is Mabel being lost in the multiverse after entering in the Nightmare Realm, thus entering in a whole new dimension called Mab-3l, where all the Mabels who get lost get there, due to similar objects attracting each other like magnets:

Mabel then manages to send a signal to her uncles from this dimension while they're searching for her in the Nightmare Realm (which is potrayed as being a realm between universes in both this comic and the 3rd journal, other than being straight-up called a "gate between worlds" in the show), but gets trapped from "Anti-Mabel" (her evil counterpart in short), who eventually tricks her uncles in trapping them, and sending them lost in the nightmare realm, which she calls an endless space:

Basically, what other do we know about the Nightmare Realm?
Basically, with the information above, the Nightmare Realm objectively has to be 5D, due to it needing 4 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension in order to satisfy all those criteria, with said 4th dimension being infinitely larger than the other ones in order to contain the lower ones (and the NR already contains infinite universes and is stated to be infinitely large just to add to this), hence it has to be Low 1-C in order to satisfy these criterias. It being called a "higher plane" also adds to it being Low 1-C, due to the Wiki itself also saying it:

They can qualify, however, if said "higher plane" is defined as having a relationship of qualitative superiority over lower realms in one way or another, such as by perceiving them as literal fiction/unreality (or being comparatively more "real" in nature), encompassing them in an infinitesimal portion of itself, residing in a higher state of being altogether, and etc.

And this is literally what happens.

What tier would it be?

Other than the story blatantly saying that Bill's Weirdmageddon has to be 2-A at least (otherwise the whole point of the comic story I've mentioned above would be invalid), it should also be kinda of Tier 1, due to Bill flooding the universes with the NR, hence relatively affecting the NR a bit.

Aka Bill at very absolute least should be back to a full 2-A with Low 1-C range. However, I wouldn't be opposed to downscaling from Low 1-C either, as Stanford couldn't find an energy source strong enough to kill Bill despite creating something able to contain the rift and making a portal with enough energy to shake the NR.

However, I'd need to specify that High 1-C or even 1-B is the actual plan of this. Why, you ask.

We all know about the scan about aliens crashing in our Earth despite being 7 to 11 Dimensional, right?

As already explained, higher dimensions have to be infinitely more complex than lower ones, thus adding extra spatial dimensions adds also more complexity to calculations, meaning that restricted to their 3D forms, they lost their sense of direction and died. Reason is that those aliens have to come from higher dimensions with superiority over the lower ones, as otherwise the "direction" of those higher realm would be within the ones of the lower ones, contradicting the point of the bulk-space. And yes, even us 3D beings would have an absurd amount of problems at trying to be in lower dimensions, due to our vision being 2D (as otherwise we'd see both the front and back of an object at the same time). Heck, Flatland in itself has a very dedicated section about 2D beings seeing stuff in 1D due to them seeing just a line, as only 3D beings like us can see their full 2D form, so 11D beings trying to see in 3D would be literally blind.

And I'd remind you that dimensions entirely dedicated to dimensionality in GF are a thing, so the 11th dimension also existing in GF has also to be one as well.

Bill so has to be at least High 1-C (11D) due to the Weirdmageddon affecting at least those 11 Dimension, or 1-B (12D) due to the Nightmare Realm needing to be a layer above all these dimensions, and Bill downscaling from it.

Stanford also has to be Tier 1 through technology as well, due to him having such feats.

I made now a blog explaining in detail why the cosmology should be Low 1-C, possibly 1-B.

Shacktron profile and Class G LS upgrade for both it and Bill ig.

TLDR
  • Bill has to be straight up 2-A at bare minimum due to the Weirdmageddon explicilty affecting the multiverse.
  • Nightmare Realm is Low 1-C, possibly 1-B due to it referencing branes, being called a higher plane that's infinitely sized, and encompassing infinite universes within itself.
  • Bill downscaling from the NR.
Edits
  1. Bill and Ford should also get both Supergenius off them creating technology that can affect Tier 1 structures. The reasons are the same in their profile, only that the realms in question would be Tier 1 instead of just 2-A.
  2. Bill should be Low 1-C stats also off him fighting off and eventually overpowering Shacktron, which is explicitly powered from the Portal (which has the feat of shaking the NR). Given that the Shacktron was built from Fiddleford, who was Ford's assistant, I do not see why it wouldn't fully scale from it, given that he literally did help Stanford at building the portal, so he should know how to use it in full for the robot.
Vote Tally

Agree (19):
DarkDragonMedeus (1-B), Qawsedf234 (Low 1-C, possibly 1-B), Thelastmlg (Low 1-C), TheOrangeGuy09 (1-B), Reiner04 (1-B), Eseseso (Low 1-C, possibly 1-B), Quintessence_PE (Low 1-C), ZeedKZ (1-B), Accelerated_Evolution (Low 1-C, possibly 1-B), Hellformer (1-B), TheShape03 (1-B), Georredannea15 (Low 1-C), ShionAH (1-B), ReaperAndBlues (1-B), Bernkastelll (Low 1-C, Possibly 1-B), Lloydblitzed (1-B), TheGreatJedi13 (Low 1-C), Spilxson2 (1-B), Planck69 (Low 1-C)
Disagree (6): Qawsedf234 (1-B), Deagonx (Both Low 1-C and 1-B), Quintessence_PE (1-B), Georredannea15 (1-B), PonePoster (Both Low 1-C and 1-B), TheGreatJedi13 (1-B)
Neutral (2): Thelastmlg (1-B), Planck69 (1-B)

Last edited:
I agree with low 1-C, but i’m neutral on high 1-C

Nowhere in the scans does it imply that they are “restricted to 3D forms”, all it says is that they exist in those dimensions and their sense of direction caused the crash, the text doesn’t really give any reason to believe those aren’t their true forms, he doesn’t say that they were visitng the lower dimension, or manifestating as lower beings, or anything

The fact that a mountain level clash killed 11th dimensional beings also doesn’t help the case

This makes those extra dimensions feel rather contradictory compared to the clear cut superiority of the nightmare realm (which, also only needing 5D calculus instead if 11D doesn’t help), so i think this one would only work as a “possibly” tiering

But also, any scans about the nightmare realm or bill actually scaling to those dimensions, i mean the aliens could just be weak and the dimensions legit, but is there a reason for them to scale to said dimensions themselves?

The NR section proves it’s superiority to universes, but doesn’t really mention it being like, the highest layer or anything

I recall a scan about bill scaring those aliens but like i said, they clearly aren’t good indicatives of their dimension’s superiority

Nowhere in the scans does it imply that they are “restricted to 3D forms”, all it says is that they exist in those dimensions and their sense of direction caused the crash, the text doesn’t really give any reason to believe those aren’t their true forms, he doesn’t say that they were visitng the lower dimension, or manifestating as lower beings, or anything
Nobody is saying those aliens are High 1-C, just that their dimension is. HDE isn't the equivalent of AP, for same reason why the GF humans aren't High 3-A due to them being 3D. Plus 2D creatures could harm Stanford, as a further proof that dimensionality isn't = AP in GF.
The fact that a mountain level clash killed 11th dimensional beings also doesn’t help the case

This makes those extra dimensions feel rather contradictory compared to the clear cut superiority of the nightmare realm (which, also only needing 5D calculus instead if 11D doesn’t help), so i think this one would only work as a “possibly” tiering
Read above. It has to be High 1-C due to the aliens having lost their sense of direction in the 3D world, which totally blinded them for the same reason why us 3D beings wouldn't understand anything if we're in 2D.

Plus, the 11 dimension has to be superior, as otherwise the brane wouldn't be valid to begin with.
The NR section proves it’s superiority to universes, but doesn’t really mention it being like, the highest layer or anything
Standford didn't mention the 11th dimension as being higher than the NR, he just described it as being "normal". Plus he uses "dimension" interchangeably to describe both alternate universes and spatial axes, and he described the NR as being a lawless realm between dimensions, implying those 11 dimensions also have to be involved. It's just more likely than not that the NR is the highest.

Agree with the upgrade, Low 1-C is solid; so is High 1-C/1-B too but if “possibly”/“likely” is used as compromise for those, I don’t really mind, although I am still more for straight High 1-C/1-B
Basically Low 1-C, possibly High 1-C is bare minimum I can go with. And yea, Tier 2 goes away.
Also YAY Bill’s upgrade that looks like having actually an actual chance to be accepted

EDIT: I decided that straight up 1-B should be the case.

Last edited:
I mean I'm not wholly opposed to 1-B but Low 1-C seems to have more supporting statements.

Maybe "Low 1-C, possibly High 1-C/1-B"
The thing is that 1-B has the exact same basis as Low 1-C due to the GF verse faithfully following the Brane Cosmology, which has all the spatial dimensions as being infinitely larger than the lower ones, as otherwise they'd be contained in the lower dimensions.

I agree that the nightmare realm is 5 dimensional. All these arguments have been discussed and rejected before and I hope things will be different this time..
However, I'd need to specify that High 1-C or even 1-B is the actual plan of this. Why, you ask.

We all know about the scan about aliens crashing in our Earth despite being 7 to 11 Dimensional, right?

This means that they only live in the 7th and 11th universe because in this series the words dimensions and dimension are only used for universes, they have no extra meaning.

Stanford refers to another universe as “dimension 52” and he travels to universe number 52. So universes 7 and 11 here are part of the multiverse, not higher dimensional universes.

This means that they only live in the 7th and 11th universe because in this series the words dimensions and dimension are only used for universes, they have no extra meaning.

Stanford refers to another universe as “dimension 52” and he travels to universe number 52. So universes 7 and 11 here are part of the multiverse, not higher dimensional universes.
This entire thing is totally out of context, as Dimension 52 has barely any context compared to the 11D.

Plus you're kinda ignoring the point about directions that I made. A higher dimensional being would be completely blind in a lower dimensional world, meaning that those aliens would have to be higher dimensional in order to be confused. Not to mention that Stanford has mentioned dimensions as in spatial axes multiple times, so excluding this from the accurate portrayal of higher dimension that Gravity Falls has is just pure cherry picking to be honest.

This entire thing is totally out of context, as Dimension 52 has barely any context compared to the 11D..
Since Stanford assigns numbers to these universes as he travels through the multiverse, it would be quite inconsistent to say that universes 7 and 11 are higher dimensional than other universes.
Plus you're kinda ignoring the point about directions that I made. A higher dimensional being would be completely blind in a lower dimensional world, meaning that those aliens would have to be higher dimensional in order to be confused. Not to mention that Stanford has mentioned dimensions as in spatial axes multiple times, so excluding this from the accurate portrayal of higher dimension that Gravity Falls has is just pure cherry picking to be honest.
Stanford talks about the differences in the universes he visited, so universes 7 and 11 may have a different sense of direction than other universes.

Strym, if the dimensions are significant, wouldn't the beings which extend across those dimensions also be significant? Like the Contumelia and Naljians who I was too lazy to update but their tiering in my OP was still accepted.

Since Stanford assigns numbers to these universes as he travels through the multiverse, it would be quite inconsistent to say that universes 7 and 11 are higher dimensional than other universes.
But he never said that "they exist at once between Dimension 7 and 11", he just said that they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions, which is also consistent with how directions and dimensionality are heavily interlocked between each other.
Stanford talks about the differences in the universes he visited, so universes 7 and 11 may have a different sense of direction than other universes.
That's headcanon to be honest. And it's not in the section where he talks about the universes he's visited unlike the 52.
Strym, if the dimensions are significant, wouldn't the beings which extend across those dimensions also be significant? Like the Contumelia and Naljians
How Higher Dimensional beings are potrayed shouldn't be assumed to be the same across verses, as they clearly work differently. 2D beings could harm Standford despite them being infinitely thinner than him, and 11D beings died from a Tier 7/8 landing. Aka the beings should only have their own feats, as otherwise we might say that every GF human is High 3-A off them being 3D, which clearly isn't the case.

Tbh i knew this would came someday

The 2-A proposal looks good, Bill's whole plan was merge the NR (the mentioned "gap between worlds") with the main multiverse and the comic leave this even more explicit

Low 1-C also looks fine

About High 1-C.... Well, while the argument for It ins't stronger as the 5D one, It looks agreedable, that's also my thoughts about the 12D logic

Does he show any qualitative superiority over 11-D structures?
Agree with High 1-C though
The Nightmare Realm holds within itself all the dimensions, including the 11D one, and it has to be superior to the lower dimensions due to it following the Brane Cosmology, as otherwise it'd be part of the Multiverse which objectively isn't the case.

The Nightmare Realm holds within itself all the dimensions, including the 11D one, and it has to be superior to the lower dimensions due to it following the Brane Cosmology, as otherwise it'd be part of the Multiverse which objectively isn't the case.
Makes sense, agree with solid 1-B 👌

Read above. It has to be High 1-C due to the aliens having lost their sense of direction in the 3D world, which totally blinded them for the same reason why us 3D beings wouldn't understand anything if we're in 2D.
This is lobotomizing the context. They aren't blinded because they are lowered to a 3-D world but them losing their sense of direction is attributed to them being 7-11th dimensional being. Seems to be a trait they naturally have.
Since they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once, they have a horrible sense of direction.

This is lobotomizing the context. They aren't blinded because they are lowered to a 3-D world but them losing their sense of direction is attributed to them being 7-11th dimensional being. Seems to be a trait they naturally have.
I am just trying to give some more explanation to it tbh. But outside that, the argument against the dimension being High 1-C is bad, as it focuses only on the inhabitants and not the dimension itself.

Oh, wait. My argument on it still stands, as due to them existing in different layers at once, their direction must be indeed pretty messed up, as how beings of different dimensionality perceive things is fundamentally hella different, so them having all these POVs at once would be an explanation of their lack of direction.

Yeah, good job, man. I guess I agree with Low 1-C but I can't say the same for H1-C or 1-B.

The reason is their volume.

Yes there are 11 spatial dimensions here and it is basically 11-D and it is even explained that the higher dimensions is more complex than lower dimensions and it is very supportive that each of these are higher dimensions, I have no objection to that, but in order to scale this 11 dimensional space to H1-C we would basically have to prove that this 11 dimensional space is "significant or infinite in volume." (I am not talking about infinite size) If there is no reference or context to this, that's why disagree with the H1-C or 1-B man, sorry.

In short, what I mean is that the 11-dimensional volume should be infinitely or significantly large

I have no objection to that, but in order to scale this 11 dimensional space to H1-C we would basically have to prove that this 11 dimensional space is "significant or infinite in volume." (I am not talking about infinite space) If there is no reference or context to this, I am afraid it cannot be scaled to H1-C or higher
The proof in itself is in the Brane Theory as I said. The Wikipedia page literally says this:

If the additional dimensions are compact, then the observed universe contains the extra dimension, and then no reference to the bulk is appropriate.

If the 11D isn't also infinitely big, then it'd defeat the purpose of the Bulk (that is the Nightmare Realm), other than the fact that if it is compactified, the "additional directions" of the additional dimensions would still be part of those of the regular 4D universe, which wouldn't explain why the 7-11D aliens lost their sense of direction.

The proof in itself is in the Brane Theory as I said. The Wikipedia page literally says this:

If the additional dimensions are compact, then the observed universe contains the extra dimension, and then no reference to the bulk is appropriate.

If the 11D isn't also infinitely big, then it'd defeat the purpose of the Bulk (that is the Nightmare Realm), other than the fact that if it is compactified, the "additional directions" of the additional dimensions would still be part of those of the regular 4D universe, which wouldn't explain why the 7-11D aliens lost their sense of direction.
Dude I told you what the standards say because some theories(in fact almost all of them) are not directly used in the wiki, they require context in the verse. I also disagree with you said "11-D would be defeated by Bulk if it wasn't infinite" because even if it wasn't infinite it still has the extra axis. I don't understand why you said that.

But it has context. As I pointed above, it accurately potrays what the Bulk is and its relation to lower dimensions, and Ford saying that the Nightmare Realm is the dimension between all the dimensions, thus including the 11D one. It being called endless and encompassing all these dimensions should be enough for 1-B, other than the 11D requiring to be infinite for same reason why 2D is infinitely thinner than 3D, and why going outside 4D allows you to see the infinite 4D universes as just strips of film.

Excluding the 11D from this is just cherrypicking and disagreeing for the sake of doing so.

But it has context. As I pointed above, it accurately potrays what the Bulk is and its relation to lower dimensions, and Ford saying that the Nightmare Realm is the dimension between all the dimensions, thus including the 11D one. It being called endless and encompassing all these dimensions should be enough for 1-B, other than the 11D requiring to be infinite for same reason why 2D is infinitely thinner than 3D, and why going outside 4D allows you to see the infinite 4D universes as just strips of film.

Excluding the 11D from this is just cherrypicking and disagreeing for the sake of doing so.
This is a relationship of perspective.

For example, a cube of trivial volume in 4 dimensions or a trivial 4th dimensional axis will always be more complex than an infinite 3D space, and from the trivial 4th dimensional axis the infinite 3D space appears as an infinitesimal part of this 4th dimensional axis. What you are talking about is the perspective between the lower and higher dimensions. I'm not denying that, but the existence of such knowledge does not mean that the volume of those dimensions or the spatial dimensions are infinite or something. It just further supports that these dimensions are spatial and higher dimensions

Can you change the title of the thread? It can be misleading and click-baiting is not permitted; it’s regarded as distasteful as well.
But I am removing Tier 2 in favor of Tier 1, lol.
For example, a cube of trivial volume in 4 dimensions or a trivial 4th dimensional axis will always be more complex than an infinite 3D space, and from the trivial 4th dimensional axis the infinite 3D space appears as an infinitesimal part of this 4th dimensional axis. What you are talking about is the perspective between the lower and higher dimensions. I'm not denying that, but the existence of such knowledge does not mean that the volume of those dimensions or the spatial dimensions are infinite or something. It just further supports that these dimensions are spatial and higher dimensions
Too bad that the verse still works under brane theory, where higher dimensions encompass lower ones as infinitely smaller strings anyway. Not to mention that as the NR is 12D + has statement of being infinite, it'd be that tier anyway even if you are right.

Dude I told you what the standards say because some theories(in fact almost all of them) are not directly used in the wiki,
Tiering System Page said:
Equivalent to a large extra dimensional space. That is, a higher-dimensional "bulk" space which embeds lower-dimensional ones (Such as our universe) as subsets of itself, whose dimensions are not microscopic / compactified.
Since 2020, we have using "Brain Theory" directly in the tiering system.

GH4iE5dbsAA4hD2.jpg

I agree with the upgrades and would this give the cast Supergenius?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back