• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Beginning of Series AP Revisions

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Haven't done one of these in a hot minute, but I've got some revisions for Beginning of Series Black Clover characters. Currently, they scale to 8-A, but I've got two potential revisions that could change this rating. Here we go.

First Proposition:

This one is by far the simpler one. This calculation for a fodder mage in the first arc has been accepted at 32.64 kilotons (7-C). As such, Beginning of Series characters should scale to this, going from 8-A to 7-C.

Second Proposition:

This one has some more nuance to it, but I feel it's very supported. Right now, we consider the Royal Capital Arc to be the final Beginning of Series arc, and for good reason. Asta doesn't really get much training between the three arcs that comprise the Beginning of Series key. But, I think there's a fourth arc that should be thrown into it: the Eye of the Midnight Sun Arc. As such, the 7-B Eye of the Midnight Sun Arc key should be assimilated into the Beginning of Series key, making these characters 7-B. Though honestly, this is less of an upgrade and more of a simple key merge.

Now, for the explanation. For reference, this is all in chapter 37 of Black Clover. After the fighting in the Royal Capital is done, the Black Bulls and the Golden Dawn are still in the Capital and are just now leaving, with both groups having taken part in the fighting. The very next page shows the Black Bulls having just gotten back to their base, meaning no training has occurred when, a few pages later, Finral suggests bringing Asta to a mixer, which jumpstarts the next arc. In fact, in that page, Yami even says that Asta shouldn't train more because it'll just cause him more harm than good.

So yeah, because of that I think the Beginning of Series and Eye of the Midnight Sun Arc keys for characters like Asta and Yuno should be merged into one key, which would be 7-B since the 7-B feat happens during the Eye of the Midnight Sun Arc.

The first proposition is more like a backup if the second one doesn't work, but I think it's supported enough. With that said, gimme your thoughts.

Now, for the explanation. For reference, this is all in chapter 37 of Black Clover. After the fighting in the Royal Capital is done, the Black Bulls and the Golden Dawn are still in the Capital and are just now leaving, with both groups having taken part in the fighting. The very next page shows the Black Bulls having just gotten back to their base, meaning no training has occurred when, a few pages later, Finral suggests bringing Asta to a mixer, which jumpstarts the next arc. In fact, in that page, Yami even says that Asta shouldn't train more because it'll just cause him more harm than good.
My only problem

And is extremely tiny

Is that Asta says "I was promoted to rank 3"

And the promotions are done in the capital with the wizard king

So that must happened off screen and in another day because it would be extremely strange to do another sesion of promotions after the battle when they should be focusing in fixing the damage, this does not change anything, but add at best one day in between

My only problem

And is extremely tiny

Is that Asta says "I was promoted to rank 3"

And the promotions are done in the capital with the wizard king

So that must happened off screen and in another day because it would be extremely strange to do another sesion of promotions after the battle when they should be focusing in fixing the damage, this does not change anything, but add at best one day in between
That's fair enough, but the general point still stands that Asta wouldn't really be in a position where he could keep training

My only problem with the 7-C calculation is that, as far as I remember, the mist was only a "shield" surrounding the town, the interior had nothing

I agree with the rest

My only problem with the 7-C calculation is that, as far as I remember, the mist was only a "shield" surrounding the town, the interior had nothing

I agree with the rest
You can see mist within the village itself in the image I used for pixel scaling

Though it won't be very relevant anyway if the keys get merged so idrc about this enough

9116397A-FA07-4454-94F3-8F02EF63A566.jpg

The mist all around the village clears up, so yeah, the mist is clearing
What kind of interpretation is that? Asta is clearing the mist in front of him, not all of it, until they start to realize that they are coming to the end of it. Even the last panel I sent shows that the mist around the village is still in perfect condition

What was the feat of 8-A? Why should this 7-C feat be taken priority over current?
Uh… Because it was done by someone that Beginning of Series characters scale to? Just like the 8-A feat

Why is this suddenly in contention now?

I have no contention. I'm just asking why this over what we have now. I don't necessarily care either way. Are there any other feats in BoS that are consistent with either

Noelle has an 8-B feat from when she was trying to suppress herself (aka making sure her magic doesn’t go out of control)

I could also use condensation for her water structure that forms when she goes out of control now that I think about it. Would probably yield some good results

Edit: Great googly moogly it’s 7-C+

Last edited:
I'm dead. LMAO.. we should really go through BoS feats.

Should we use Noelle's stuff instead? or should we scale Noelle to it and characters like Mars and Yuno.

People like Magna and Heath should scale to the other one

I'm dead. LMAO.. we should really go through BoS feats.

Should we use Noelle's stuff instead? or should we scale Noelle to it and characters like Mars and Yuno.

People like Magna and Heath should scale to the other one
Asta can nullify Noelle's spell, so he'd scale because he needs to be comparable to successfully nullify it. This wouldn't matter anyway if the keys are merged, because these characters would become 7-B

Noelle has an 8-B feat from when she was trying to suppress herself (aka making sure her magic doesn’t go out of control)

I could also use condensation for her water structure that forms when she goes out of control now that I think about it. Would probably yield some good results

Edit: Great googly moogly it’s 7-C+
Well there we go. As long as there's consistency then I'm all good

I suppose this makes sense anyhow.

Back