• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BLACK CLOVER MINI CRT: RESISTANCE TO DISEASE MANIPULATION

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
This is a quick CRT.

In chapter 351 it is implied that those with higher magic power (yoryoku) have higher immunity to sicknesses than those of lower magic power (yoryoku) here.

Yeah, that's it. What do you think?

This is a quick CRT.

In chapter 351 it is implied that those with higher magic power (yoryoku) have higher immunity to sicknesses than those of lower magic power (yoryoku) here.

Yeah, that's it. What do you think?
I think it's possible but not convinced.

The disease is likely just a curse that steals magic power and that's why the weak people died. I say this because Henry had an illness/disease that ended up just being a curse. And one of the most common abilities of curses in BC is mana/life steal. Should probably wait for more info.

I think it's possible but not convinced.

The disease is likely just a curse that steals magic power and that's why the weak people died. I say this because Henry had an illness/disease that ended up just being a curse. And one of the most common abilities of curses in BC is mana/life steal. Should probably wait for more info.

I disagree ngl.

Henry was never stated to have any disease. He was just bed ridden, so it’s kinda an association fallacy to associate Henry’s curse to a disease simply because he was bed ridden. Additionally, you are wrong because a curse has never needed to be cured in black clover, only broken. So would you say a medicine that is used for treatment to break a curse?

In the scan I sent, it states the provinces were struck with a plague. A plague is simply a natural disease that requires medicine and it can’t be assumed to be a curse that needs to be broken not cured.

I'll find the scans that refer to Henry's condition as an illness/disease (depending on translation) prior to it being revealed to be a curse.

The Cure was a "Soul-quickening grass" or "Living Soul Herb" Which actually does add evidence to what I'm saying. Curses in BC reshape your soul. So that fact that the cure was actually something that is implied to fix their soul actually further provides evidence to what I'm saying.

I'll find the scans that refer to Henry's condition as an illness/disease (depending on translation) prior to it being revealed to be a curse

You shouldn't be assuming that all Illnesses stem from curses tbh.

The Cure was a "Soul-quickening grass" or "Living Soul Herb" Which actually does add evidence to what I'm saying. Curses in BC reshape your soul. So that fact that the cure was actually something that is implied to fix their soul actually further provides evidence to what I'm saying.

This looks like another fallacious refutation tbh,

Even though Forbidden Magic Curses are capable of reshaping the soul, not curses in general

Based on the name of the medicine alone, Soul Quickening grass or Living Soul Herb looks like medicine that enhances the current state of the soul. They do not change or revert the shape of the soul back to its previous form because there is no basis they do in the first place. So you have to prove that enhancing the soul would break Forbidden Magic Curses that completely change the soul. I feel like you are just generalizing all Curses with Forbidden Magic curses and associating Forbidden Magic Curses with Medicine based on the fact that they're related to the word "soul", just seems like another fallacy to me.

The Real Reason The Medicine Is Used and Why Those with Higher Magic Power Don't Need The Medicine

We know that Magic and the human body are connected to the soul. So thanks to this relationship, the medicine enhancing the soul would also enhance the magic and body of the victims. which would give those with low magic resistance to plagues that deteriorate their bodies. Logically, thanks to this relationship between magic, soul, and the body, those with high magic power should have a richer soul and healthier body which makes giving those with higher magic power resistance to disease manipulation not so far-fetched.

1. Nathan relates curses to plagues. Henry's curse was originally called an illness or disease in some translations
2. Curses distort the shape of the human soul
3. One of the most common applications of curses are stealing mana: Henry, Lichita, Catherine
4. The plague in Hino not only was easier to survive if you had high magic power, but was cured by restoring the soul as implied by the name of the herb. Which already draws several connections to curses.

Based on these is why I disagree. It's such a minor thing though I don't mind whether it gets passed. But I Just disagree at the moment.

You shouldn't be assuming that all Illnesses stem from curses tbh.

This looks like another fallacious refutation tbh,

Even though Forbidden Magic Curses are capable of reshaping the soul, not curses in general

Based on the name of the medicine alone, Soul Quickening grass or Living Soul Herb looks like medicine that enhances the current soul. They do not change or revert the shape of the soul back to its previous form because there is no basis they do in the first place. So you have to prove that enhancing the soul would break Forbidden Magic Curses that completely change the soul. I feel like you are just generalizing all Curses with Forbidden Magic curses and associating Forbidden Magic Curses with Medicine based on the fact that they're related to the word "soul", just seems like another fallacy to me.

We know that Magic and the human body are connected to the soul. So thanks to this relationship, the medicine enhancing the soul would also enhance the magic and body of the victims. which would give those with low magic resistance to plagues that deteriorate their bodies. Logically, thanks to this relationship between magic, soul, and the body, those with high magic power should have a richer soul and healthier body which makes giving those with higher magic power resistance to disease manipulation not so far-fetched.
I never assumed that all illnesses are curses. I already drew the specific connection.

I know that curses and forbidden magic curses are different. But It's a generalized term I'm using. Because they are often generalized by name in the series. I don't need to prove what your interpretation of what the herb does.

I never assumed that all illnesses are curses. I already drew the specific connection.
1. Nathan relates curses to plagues.

You did it here again and here too with this imgur.

Nathan mentioned curses and illnesses, plagues, etc. as two separate entities in your scan. He is also doctor not just a curse mage. Not all illnesses are from curse-based.

Henry's curse was originally called an illness or disease in some translations

In your scan, Asta had NO idea what was affecting Henry. It makes no sense to use his ignorance as a rebuttal.

Curses distort the shape of the human soul

Forbidden Magic Curses.

One of the most common applications of curses are stealing mana: Henry, Lichita, Catherine

Why is this relevant exactly? Henry’s curse was never stated to be an illness by someone who knows it’s a curse (meaning not Asta)

Lichita? You mean her regular magic.

Catherine’s curse magic? Doesn’t matter here.

4. The plague in Hino not only was easier to survive if you had high magic power, but was cured by restoring the soul as implied by the name of the herb. Which already draws several connections to curse

And I have shown you that there is no connection to curses whatsoever.

Due to the connection of the soul to magic and human body, a soul enhancer will enhance the sickening body and/or their magic to fight the sickness.

This seems to be more of a limitation of the plague rather than a resistance for strong mages

It's the Mind Manipulation thing all over again

This seems to be more of a limitation of the plague rather than a resistance for strong mages

It's the Mind Manipulation thing all over again

hmm..

this seems paradoxical ngl.

we give resistances to a certain thing to people who aren’t affected by that certain thing.

hmm..

this seems paradoxical ngl.

we give resistances to a certain thing to people who aren’t affected by that certain thing.
It's case-by-case. It's never said that the strong mages resisted its effects, just that it killed the weak ones

You did it here again and here too with this imgur.

Nathan mentioned curses and illnesses, plagues, etc. as two separate entities in your scan. He is also doctor not just a curse mage. Not all illnesses are from curse-based.
Here is the more literal translation. Even the officials already imply a connection considering his research is based on curses. But the more literal fanlation makes it even more damning.
In your scan, Asta had NO idea what was affecting Henry. It makes no sense to use his ignorance as a rebuttal.
Henry himself refers to it as an illness
Forbidden Magic Curses.
Forbidden magic curses are often just called curses, too. Which is why I'm referring to them as curses.
Why is this relevant exactly? Henry’s curse was never stated to be an illness by someone who knows it’s a curse (meaning not Asta)
It show that perceived health issues can be curses.
Lichita? You mean her regular magic.
Lichita's regular magic is to seal things. Her body does exactly what Henry does of stealing mana and life energy. She's cursed.
Catherine’s curse magic? Doesn’t matter here.
It absolutely does. The whole point is that many curses are based on absorbing mana. And if curses can be illnesses, plagues, etc. then it doesn't mean they have plague resistance.
And I have shown you that there is no connection to curses whatsoever.
You have not. I've shown the many different reasons why there are plenty of connections.
Due to the connection of the soul to magic and human body, a soul enhancer will enhance the sickening body and/or their magic to fight the sickness.
But the plague effected everyone. It was just the weak people that were dying like flies. They even stated that everyone would die. Which means that merely boosting magic power wouldn't save everyone. Only prolong their survival. The soul herb reshaping their soul makes more sense.

Back