• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Black Clover verse itself has proven to be a very unorthodox when it comes to speed in a variety of instances,

Asta has shown to be able to parry beams of light coming from Gauche's light magic this could be regarded as an inconsistency but he doesn't actually use light beams as a primary way of attacking. He uses Mirror Magic which absorbs light already in the field and reflects it so it's firing at the exact same constant (c). If you doubt me then when Gauche is fighting this head lady her Liquified Salamander is able to refract his light proving that it can both reflect & refract since it's naturallight, seen here as well it didnt have the DC to cause any damage. Furthermore, He also keeps up with a rate of light firing from his double made so that's 2x FTL for his reactions. He also managed to jump away from his beam

Now the God Tier of the verse, is the Sorcery Emperor or Julius Nova Chrono he's even faster than Asta obviously he should be at least FTL scaling from Asta but he also shows Travel Speed that is on that level and it indeed holds true here & here of course he's much faster and could possibly be MFTL .

And now recently in the battle with Licht, who is a direct user of Light and the leader of the White Night's Demon Eye Organization, as you can see light is a big theme in this series the Light vs the Dark and that's exactly what happened. We have Yami who is Captain of the Black Bull Squad literally breaking it with his Dark Blade. And in recent chapters they confirm that he's on or near the same level of the Sorcery Emperor himself .

You could guess the Speed of Light in their verse is significantly slower than ours but is that really a valid evaluation?

Light speed?mftl?no i dont think so i read black clover as well and those beams were never stated to move at the speed of light unless it was stated as such we cant assume that it does.Its also completely inconsistent with previous feats there was no progression that showed them reaching such speeds or even close to it.

The thing is, if Gauche's beams were not then Licht's certainly are and both Asta & Yami have been shown to react to both of those. Furthermore, instead of denying everything and thinking it's outrageous because of few precedents you provide some proof to counter all of my points lol.

When it comes to dodging light or lasors or any of that sort it isnt accepted as lightspeed unless it was explicitly stated that they moved at the speed of light.

Celestial Pegasus said:
When it comes to dodging light or lasors or any of that sort it isnt accepted as lightspeed unless it was explicitly stated that they moved at the speed of light.
I understand that I'm saying we have proof that Licht's speed is at Light Speed because of all of the chapters I have loads of proof up there, you can't be asked for them to be like "Woah that almost hit me at 3 x 10^8 m/s" lol we really gotta dig deep but heres something else in the chapter "Light" the lord shows up and blinds everyone here that sounds like normal light to me Idk what more you guys want I've shown you the properties of it and everything theres literally nothing that puts them at Supersonic lmao I know it's customary to start out a new verse that low but this one's obviously different.

Told you guys Licht's is real light it just got absorbed by a black hole plus he even confirmed it's the speed of light and we also have confirmation that Gauche's mirrors reflect natural light in recent chapters you guys literally can't deny it now.

Lightspeed1
Lightspeed2
Viz traslation said Lightspeed for Licht, Yami and Liar. It is possible, the other Yuki Tabata's job (Hungry Joker) are developed Lightspeed very early too. Can be true.

This is very unorthodoxed in terms of how stories usually go lightspeed this early seemed a bit unbelievable but since evidence is there for it then it has to accepted.Side note the black clover profiles here are severley lacking everyone besides asta and julius need to be worked on and a verse page would be nice as well.

If this is accepted, I'm going to go place it on Julius's and Yami's profiles if no one minds.

What speed would Asta be? Considering the fact that he was unable to block Licht's beams but could react to Gauche's?

I believe Asta aren't Lightspeed yet, He know Ki now, but Yami, Licht and Liar are very faster than him. But I don't know Asta speed, Sorry

OK, so a couple things:

Dodging light is not lightspeed necessary, just like dodging bullets is not hypersonic. You need a calc and the result is likely gonna be relativistic or something like it.

From the "double light speed" scan I only see two dudes with mirrors. That doesn't imply 2x lightspeed, again, you need a calc.

If it is shown as a beam of light, it reflects, it refracts and characters are stated regularly to be lightspeed, then I guess it is fine to assume the beams are.

Also, having just looked at the scans, it's probably gonna be relativistic, yea.

Alakabamm said:
OK, so a couple things:
Dodging light is not lightspeed necessary, just like dodging bullets is not hypersonic. You need a calc and the result is likely gonna be relativistic or something like it.

From the "double light speed" scan I only see two dudes with mirrors. That doesn't imply 2x lightspeed, again, you need a calc.

If it is shown as a beam of light, it reflects, it refracts and characters are stated regularly to be lightspeed, then I guess it is fine to assume the beams are.

Also, having just looked at the scans, it's probably gonna be relativistic, yea.
Relativistic does sound in the realm of more reasonable, thank you for input

What about Julius Nova Chrono? He blitz Litch that fight with Yami(relativistic + precognition), Litch in manga was called LS . So he is at least FTL, no?

If you can dodge laser beams, I guess you could argue said character to have faster-than-light/lightspeed perception. So people who can blitz the character with ftl/lightspeed perception (as long as they appear invisible to them, or something like that) may be faster than light.

^but doesnt it first need to be proven to be as fast as light? (i mean the laserbeam)

as for the emporer: i would say he has relativistic+ reaction speed and we should add that he also has such a attack speed, he was able to take away Lichts arm in their short encounter :)

Nope. Dodging and reacting to beams of light (as in Lightspeed) still only makes you Relativistic.

Reppuzan said:
Nope. Dodging and reacting to beams of light (as in Lightspeed) still only makes you Relativistic.
For reactions/combat speed yes (assuming you properly move and react to a laser beam from a distance of two meters away). However they can still have lightspeed/faster-than-light perception speed (as in the speed they can process stuff coming towards them, which btw is not related with reactions)

^^sometimes it can be used as hyperbole where people say it is LS but it would create a to big gap in the usual speed of any other character,

as for speed: can you post scans where they mentoned that Licht was LS in movement speed? i only remember them mentioning that his attacks had been LS...

EDIT: oh, someone was faster :D

i hate myself for forgetting that :(

andthe statements dont seem like hyperboles, but i wonder how yami can say that they are LS if he got blitzed by them?

yeah, he is fast but him saying they are LS seems kind of a stretch, they only need to be twice as fast as he can react (which is relativistic) in order to still blitz him...

i would say we should wait before adding LS movement speed to the enemy profiles and update the emporer...

GreatestSin said:
i hate myself for forgetting that :(
andthe statements dont seem like hyperboles, but i wonder how yami can say that they are LS if he got blitzed by them?

yeah, he is fast but him saying they are LS seems kind of a stretch, they only need to be twice as fast as he can react (which is relativistic) in order to still blitz him...

i would say we should wait before adding LS movement speed to the enemy profiles and update the emporer...
Cause Yami have Ki, and with that have precognition, so he can react LS even himself ins't LS.

@Yami

Stop quoting huge blocks of text.

Second, we need a calc to confirm that the feat is in fact lightspeed and not relativistic.

this is pure logic, it is real light ( reflection / refraction ) , moreover it was explained that the characters are LS ( words of the author > fans calculations ) . Yami probably Relativistic as it needs Ki to follow the pace of Litch . Julius blitz Litch sooooo ....

YamiSukehiro1 said:
Cause Yami have Ki, and with that have precognition, so he can react LS even himself ins't LS.
precog doesnt allow the user to know how fast his enemy is, he can react instinctively to the movements of his enemy...

GreatestSin said:
YamiSukehiro1 said:
precog doesnt allow the user to know how fast his enemy is, he can react instinctively to the movements of his enemy...
Exactly that I said lol

^yeah but you said that yami knows that the chars are LS because he has ki sensing/precog, which i disagree with, precog (unless stated otherwise) doesnt allow the user to know how fast the enemy is,

and as reppuzan said, relativistic has a large span, Licht can easily be three times as fast and still able to do the shown feats while being labelled as relativistic, i would say we should wait for more opinions or for better feats to calculate :)

Oh no no no, if was given to understand that, my bad. But I but I must insist that it was explained that the character was faster than Yami and he was called LS in the manga

^but it is a character who said this, that means it can also be wrong, afterall yami isnt omniscient and he never showed to be able to accurately judge the speed of chars, so taking his word as fact would be...meh :/

imo the best way would be to wait for more feats, i mean relativistic is already a fcking high speed, and if Black Clover keeps rising than we will get better feats in 20 or 30 chapters :)

Alakabamm basically covered what I was going to say

It seems rather similar to real light, but not all light-dodging feats are performed equal. You will probably need a claculation of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back