• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black⛤Star Supernatural Willpower and Instinctive Action

Black Star had his arm broken and his spine at the very least fractured and proceeded to not only stand up but keep attacking after taking more damage and contribute heavily in holding Asura back so Maka could land her attack which she couldn’t of otherwise. After that he sustains even more damage but keeps fighting, even afflicting Asura with genuine fear. He can also resist soul/mind manipulation and possession as well as call upon and weaponize his own Madness.

Last edited:
The case for willpower seems pretty solid. The instinctive action seems possible. I think this Wiki treats instinctive action as more of a defensive ability, with the changing stance described here as kind of just a skill feat.

Last edited:
Alright so 2 staff agrees on Willpower. I think that means I need one more since Bambi disagreed

Bambu, just what is your reasoning for disagreeing? You said doing illogical things wasn’t enough, but my argument was more than just that. Did you really consider everything I had to say?

Last edited:
True, Black Star overcame immense pain and kept fighting, and he resisted mind attacks through willpower.

As the page says:

"Characters with this ability may be able to resist enormous amounts of pain"
he endures an attack he likely shouldn’t have survived as told by Asura as well as having his arm and spine broken and keeps fighting. Another feat which cements this even before the final arcs is Black Star’s final fight against Mifune where he takes multiple stab wounds including one through his stomach and foot plus getting his fingers broken and only collapses after defeating his opponent.
"resist possession and mind control"

There’s some other examples of his strength of will like not being consumed by power or madness, resisting Arachne’s mind control and possession, and likely a few more befitting the description.

I don't know for certain if this is enough, but these certainly require some kind of high willpower.

I think Supernatural Willpower is fine for some of the stuff listed but not all. As for Instinctive Reaction, I'm going to half to disagree like several others.

I think I can add Supernatural Willpower to the profile then. Should also edit intelligence to list that feat if it’s not Instinctive Action.

Back