• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So overall these are what I think would be the two's wincons:

Tirion-Statistics Amplification/Damage Boost/Damage Reduction/Healing[Mid-Low]/Forcefield creation(to overcome the AP/Durability gap),Statistics Reduction/Status Effect Inducement(to make an opening for an attack), Energy Projection/Manipulation.

Blade-Acrobatics(for dodging Tirion's attacks), Regeneration[High-Low](for healing off any attacks that she couldn't avoid), Resistance Negation(for bypassing Tirion's resistance to Electricity Manipulation), Electricity Manipulation/Damage Boost, and Class M Lifting Strength(to disarm Tirion, though I'm not exactly sure if that would be in-character for her to do).
damn u guys were cooking while I was gone

If 5-B sword is a thing I guess Blade dies, but I do want to note that in this matchup I think versatility is much more of a key factor than the stats this time. Tirion has more amps, but Blade could just catch up by just being... angrier I guess- because that's how Septimas work. Well, aside from disarming with Class M. This is the kind of thing that would naturally happen in battle without the intent of doing so. Heck the other day I was chilling at my club and we played with foam swords and I accidentally disarmed the guy by just attacking really hard against their guard- so I wouldn't think that it wouldn't happen here.

So aside from 5-B sword and Class M Disarm, I find that Blade's spread of moves covers a lot more purpose than most of Tirion's moveset, what I mean by this is that each move of Blade has a distinct purpose, and isn't just an attack that inflicts X thing on the opponent.
  • Close Range: Damage Boost / Rage Amp + Lightning Conduct, helps win physical clashes
  • Mid Range: Whipsword for more varied combat
  • Long Range Tool: Basic projectiles
  • Defense: Forcefield with Crashbolt, Deflection
  • Tricks: sword shard+crashbolt/magnetic and Electricity Absorb
It all gives her a very well rounded kit that can take on a lot of dudes that aren't completely unreasonable. Tirion, from what I understand, is a bit more honorable and would go with the head on fight more often than not, whereas Blade is narratively just meant to be the killing machine of the main villain even if she too has some code of honor. I would see Blade going for more dirty tactics faster such as sticking a sword shard in the ground to act as a Crashbolt mine to catch Tirion off guard- or just deciding to whip spam from a distance compared to just sword vs sword

However, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that Blinding Light and Forcefields aren't a problem either. A lot of things depend on how much it can be spammed, but I can see that Blade would aim between the times when it goes down and then back up again, and with her moveset that lets her attack comfortably from many (relevant) range, so long as it isn't too spammable she could be fine...?

Back