• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So overall these are what I think would be the two's wincons:

Tirion-Statistics Amplification/Damage Boost/Damage Reduction/Healing[Mid-Low]/Forcefield creation(to overcome the AP/Durability gap),Statistics Reduction/Status Effect Inducement(to make an opening for an attack), Energy Projection/Manipulation.

Blade-Acrobatics(for dodging Tirion's attacks), Regeneration[High-Low](for healing off any attacks that she couldn't avoid), Resistance Negation(for bypassing Tirion's resistance to Electricity Manipulation), Electricity Manipulation/Damage Boost, and Class M Lifting Strength(to disarm Tirion, though I'm not exactly sure if that would be in-character for her to do).
damn u guys were cooking while I was gone

If 5-B sword is a thing I guess Blade dies, but I do want to note that in this matchup I think versatility is much more of a key factor than the stats this time. Tirion has more amps, but Blade could just catch up by just being... angrier I guess- because that's how Septimas work. Well, aside from disarming with Class M. This is the kind of thing that would naturally happen in battle without the intent of doing so. Heck the other day I was chilling at my club and we played with foam swords and I accidentally disarmed the guy by just attacking really hard against their guard- so I wouldn't think that it wouldn't happen here.

So aside from 5-B sword and Class M Disarm, I find that Blade's spread of moves covers a lot more purpose than most of Tirion's moveset, what I mean by this is that each move of Blade has a distinct purpose, and isn't just an attack that inflicts X thing on the opponent.
  • Close Range: Damage Boost / Rage Amp + Lightning Conduct, helps win physical clashes
  • Mid Range: Whipsword for more varied combat
  • Long Range Tool: Basic projectiles
  • Defense: Forcefield with Crashbolt, Deflection
  • Tricks: sword shard+crashbolt/magnetic and Electricity Absorb
It all gives her a very well rounded kit that can take on a lot of dudes that aren't completely unreasonable. Tirion, from what I understand, is a bit more honorable and would go with the head on fight more often than not, whereas Blade is narratively just meant to be the killing machine of the main villain even if she too has some code of honor. I would see Blade going for more dirty tactics faster such as sticking a sword shard in the ground to act as a Crashbolt mine to catch Tirion off guard- or just deciding to whip spam from a distance compared to just sword vs sword

However, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that Blinding Light and Forcefields aren't a problem either. A lot of things depend on how much it can be spammed, but I can see that Blade would aim between the times when it goes down and then back up again, and with her moveset that lets her attack comfortably from many (relevant) range, so long as it isn't too spammable she could be fine...?

damn u guys were cooking while I was gone

If 5-B sword is a thing I guess Blade dies, but I do want to note that in this matchup I think versatility is much more of a key factor than the stats this time. Tirion has more amps, but Blade could just catch up by just being... angrier I guess- because that's how Septimas work. Well, aside from disarming with Class M. This is the kind of thing that would naturally happen in battle without the intent of doing so. Heck the other day I was chilling at my club and we played with foam swords and I accidentally disarmed the guy by just attacking really hard against their guard- so I wouldn't think that it wouldn't happen here.

So aside from 5-B sword and Class M Disarm, I find that Blade's spread of moves covers a lot more purpose than most of Tirion's moveset, what I mean by this is that each move of Blade has a distinct purpose, and isn't just an attack that inflicts X thing on the opponent.
  • Close Range: Damage Boost / Rage Amp + Lightning Conduct, helps win physical clashes
  • Mid Range: Whipsword for more varied combat
  • Long Range Tool: Basic projectiles
  • Defense: Forcefield with Crashbolt, Deflection
  • Tricks: sword shard+crashbolt/magnetic and Electricity Absorb
It all gives her a very well rounded kit that can take on a lot of dudes that aren't completely unreasonable. Tirion, from what I understand, is a bit more honorable and would go with the head on fight more often than not, whereas Blade is narratively just meant to be the killing machine of the main villain even if she too has some code of honor. I would see Blade going for more dirty tactics faster such as sticking a sword shard in the ground to act as a Crashbolt mine to catch Tirion off guard- or just deciding to whip spam from a distance compared to just sword vs sword

However, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that Blinding Light and Forcefields aren't a problem either. A lot of things depend on how much it can be spammed, but I can see that Blade would aim between the times when it goes down and then back up again, and with her moveset that lets her attack comfortably from many (relevant) range, so long as it isn't too spammable she could be fine...?
Do you think it would be better if Blade was given prior knowledge regarding Tirion's sword?

i don't think it will help tbh, their stats are the most important thing about this fight, Blade can't do much. She's skilled, but I wouldn't say she's a strategist that can plan around something that strong

Reaper is is restrictable

i don't think it will help tbh, their stats are the most important thing about this fight, Blade can't do much. She's skilled, but I wouldn't say she's a strategist that can plan around something that strong

Reaper is is restrictable
Unfortunately Tirion doesn't really function without Ashbringer, the only times in this key we've seen him without it is the Battle for Light's Hope where Arthas kind of just hit him with the ol force choke

and when he ******* died in Legion.

it's also why I heavily naysay using Tirion's first key, he just doesn't do things enough for me to yay or nay what he'll actually do in a fight.

it's kind of like taking Frostmourne away from Death Knight Arthas, he kind of doesn't function in a versus thread without it because we've never seen him fight without it.

I could switch characters but might as well make a new thread at that point.
While I'd naysay using him against Blade due to the fact Varian is literally ENTIRELY skill and is no Arthas in that regard, he is still an option.
The problem with fighting Maiev is that she has this nasty tendency to seal people in crystals if she gets pissy with them,(and keep in mind this shit is magic so you'd need a magic sealing resistance to deal with it) that and she is one HELL of a slippery bitch to actually fight
Genn is unfortunately a bad option for a fair match, sure the whole "I have a Worgen on my ass now" is scary at first but if you're stronger then him in AP/LS and more skilled then him he doesn't have much. Note that the Worgen Curse is worthless in a fight as it takes hours to transform someone into a worgen.
in a fight Garrosh is literally a slightly worse Varian, sure they have different fighting styles and whatnot but all of Garrosh's haxxy shit is in second key.
Grom's overall a solid choice to use in any match, he's damn skilled, his scaling's high, and he's got good utility. doesn't really strategize in a fight though, he just attacks and keeps doing it until either he has to retreat or the opponent is dead.
DO NOT use Rastakhan unless you have a character without a soul, you do not want to **** with Bwonsamdi's hax, and even then Rastakhan is walking 2v1 into any match for the most part.
I'm listing these two together because they're literally the same character in a match with the exception that Cairne has better skill statements.
He's literally skill and "Do not bring a magic caster to fight him". his mindhax is literally a 15-second charm that lets him wail on the opponent for that entire time, and it does work on robots so do be careful matching him.
he's solid.

what, were you expecting him to be impressive? he's a WC1 and WC2-era character only, he is just "solid" lol
Same as Maiev except instead of sealing he has enough versatility in magic to cheat in any fight because he can turn them into a sheep and get free hits repeatedly
He's already fought Blade. so uh... just look at that thread for what he can do.
I'm going to make this very clear: unless the guy you're throwing him at can either one-shot him or isn't corporeal, and most importantly DOES NOT USE ABSORPTION, Gul'dan is a stomp/be stomped character.
Use first key. the other two keys are placeholders in the strongest non-smurf lists for a damn good reason.
Soul Manipulation Resistance required to fight. otherwise just watch out for the nasty ice attacks and his near-guarenteed mind control, and you should be good.
...he's just a damage sponge. he's hard to kill. only thing spooky about him is that his temperature manipulation is good enough to damage standard cold resistance otherwise he's just a wall.
The Headless Horseman is a pain in the ass to fight, if you're not headshotting him you're not doing a whole lot, though he literally tells you this in his fight so it's not THAT big of an issue.

Back