• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue: Terumi's Power's and Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i know Terumi has: Energy Projection, Mind Control, Memory Wiping, Precognition (with Takamagahara but debatable), Chain Manipulation (Ouroboros), Intangibility (Ghost), Resurrection (Self-observation), Immortality (Type 8), Can exist outside of reality with Ghost, Nigh-Immune to Time, Mind and Soul manipulation (even more with the Dark Susano'o), seems immune to the effects of Phenomena Intervention, can split conciousness with a host body (he did it with Kazuma).

Is there more abilities he might be missing?

Something i'm curious and something i want to be sure about is if the ability to see into other timelines comes from the Susano'o Unit or if it comes from Hakumen's Okami. And is the reality warping also from the Susano'o Unit. If it comes from the Susano'o Unit, it think every upgrade Hakumen gets, Terumi should get the same upgrade with the Dark Susano'o considering they are the exact same thing (if true)

That's something Perp and Drellix should be able to answer upon.

I'll get both of them to come here.

Assuming it's along with what you've written down so far on the OP, those sound reasonable enough. Either way, Terumi's page is in dire need of updating on the powers and abilities section so...

He can live by feeding off of other people's hatred and can live again through self-observation.

Should be Precognition be an ability Terumi can have? I mentioned it earlier with Takamagahara but the guy has seen every single possibility through Takamagahara and the constant time loops from Amaterasu.

Most of it seems pretty alright.

It's probably a fairly stupid question, but since it's been a while since I've played, how exactly does Terumi use his Mind Manipulation and Memory Wiping again? Are those two seperate things, or is the latter an application of the former? Is the latter referring to the Mind Eater curse...?

Yeah, the Mind Manipulation and Memory Wiping is through Mind Eater, but Mind Manipulation also attributes to Ouroboros. The Mind Eater curse i think he does so with Ghost Terumi (something we should put as a category to be honest).

But if Terumi has precog due to Takamagahara, doesn't that mean Takamagahara would be separate key category for him?

Edit: If it's OK, i'll add the abilities i listed earlier.

I think it's alright if this is as what he can do. It's only adding the abilities he can do, not like it's something like statistical changing or whatever.

But aside that, they're fine as what Perp and Drellix say here.

Yes, this does not seem particularly controversial.

Is it OK if i put this ability for Terumi?: Precognition (knows every single possibility and outcome due to the constant time loops of Amaterasu and when he was allied with Takamagahara).

That's debatable. If that was the case, he'd never lose any fight because he saw all the possibilities and outcomes. Can you get us a scan of that being said somewhere? That might help.

He knew every possibility before chronoPhantasma

In ChronoPhantasma the loop was already broken. He was surprised and even in panic when he found that he fell on a trap used to make his true form appears

If he had knowledge about every timeline and outcome, he should already know that it would happen

Okay, so no precognition then. Have the other suggested changes been applied, and if so, can we close this thread?

ZeldaSmash was able to input the other changes, yes. And i agree in that if Terumi did had Precog, he wouldn't have really lost so easily if at all.

Though idk if we should close this or not as Drellix asked the former for a scan of this or whatever,,,,

It's probably a outlier. If he really did, he could have put up defenses against anything that ever happened to him. And he only saw that via his ghost form in the Tagamagahara. It wouldn't serve him in battle unless he had prep, in which, if he used that right, would stomp

@Drellix: Alright. And the reasoning wasn't full either too. I believe Zelda forgot to add what he had originally said far above here.

"He can live by feeding off of other people's hatred and can live again through self-observation."

Wasn't this going to be the full reasoning for Type 8 immortality for Terumi?

Yes as what Drellix said.

Now with all this, there's not much else to add here? Is that all of what Terumi is known of being able to do?

Wait, how is the Black Susano'o its own tab? He's only ever demonstrated to be able to take on that form in very brief moments, for his Astral, from what I've seen.

Also, weren't we going to split Hazama and Terumi into two seperate profiles since they split into two distinct people?

Terumi was the original owner of the Susano'o Unit. The Dark Susano'o had it's own tab since Terumi was in his 7-C days. In Chronophantasma Extend's opening, it shows Hakumen fighting Terumi as the Dark Susano'o, so he has acces to it's power outside the Astral. In Central Fiction, he has it back with a brand new design.

In the Dark Susano'o vs Composite Link VS thread i made, you can see the new design of it in the VS image (plus that thread needs more discussion XD )

Central Fiction comes out in 4 days in Japan and in a literal month over here. I can't wait. :D

Just to know, why is Terumi at the same level as hakumen full power?

He being able to use the power of the susanoo unit does not put him at the same level as Hakumen full power.

Hakumen is not only that powerful because of the susanoo unit. Most of his power come from The Power Of Order.

The susanoo unit is only a "boost" to his power.

Terumi was the original owner of the Susano'o Unit which gives him most of Hakumen's abilities like resistance to Time, Mind, Soul and Spatial manipulation, the ability to see and slash through timelines (the Okami was made to negate Ars Magus, not cut through dimensions, that is a Susano'o Unit power), ect.

The Power of Order does make Hakumen more resiliant then the Dark Susano'o and allows him to dispel Phenomena Intervention as opposed to just be resistant, but they are basically equal at full power considering they are the same unit. Also keep in mind, Hakumen's Power of Order is not as strong as Jin's Power of Order.

Abilities =/= power. Hakumen full power is in a league of his own. Only inferior to the likes of Amaterasu and in the future, Jin.

Again, Hakumen is not that powerful because of the unit.

In phase shift, Nine states that Hakumen was the ONLY ONE able to directly trade blows with the black beast.

And she knows how much powerful Terumi is.

Izanami stated to Terumi that she could erase him from existence with 0 effort, something that Terumi didn't denied.

While Rachel stated that Hakumen full power could beat Izanami. Even Terumi in centralFiction asked "Are you going to kill Izanami again, Haku?"

He, with dark susanoo, has the same abilties as Hakumen. But not the same power

Brunout said:
Abilities =/= power. Hakumen is in a league of his own.
Again, Hakumen is not that powerful because of the unit.

In phase shift, Nine states that Hakumen was the ONLY ONE able to directly trade blows with the black beast.

I'm fully aware that Hakumen was the only one to trade blows with it, he is the strongest of the Six Heroes, but Terumi was not using the Dark Susano'o because of Nine's Mind Eater curse and it was Kazuma who was in control due to the split conciousness and who has no knowledge of the Dark Susano'o. Plus, Base Terumi who was under the Mind Eater Curse and had Kazuma at the helm of his mind to 100% Hakumen isn't a fair comparison.

And she knows how much powerful Terumi is.

Izanami stated to Terumi that she could erase him from existence with 0 effort, something that Terumi didn't denied.

Izanami was observing him. Once she stops, he's gone (which kinda proved useless considering Terumi's self-observation). If she could erase Terumi by herself without the need to observe him, why couldn't/didn't she do that with the other characters in the series if she wanted to?

While Rachel stated that Hakumen full power could beat Izanami. Even Terumi in centralFiction asked "Are you going to kill Izanami again, Haku?"

Not sure about this. Hakumen himself stated that he himself at full power alongside Jubei together would still have a lot of problems against Izanami. Hakumen never killed Izanami, as he did try in Chrono Phantasma with Time Killer, only to fail miserably and getting BFR'd.

He, with dark susanoo, has the same abilties as Hakumen. But not the same power

Please don't create giant block quotes like that. It's hard to follow, and occupies much more space than necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back