• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Physiology additions

Myxenete

He/Him
Hollow Physiology:

Low/High-Tier Hollow:
  • Enhanced invisibility: Tatsuki can clearly see normal souls but can only see Bulbous G as a blurred figure (actually she says she can't see it so the blur might just be for the readers), this also happens to Ichigo as a child, being able to see Fishbone D's lure but not his real body, and Yuzu (who can only see souls as a blur) being incapable of seeing Grand Fisher, This is supported by Grand Fisher being impressed by Karin's ability to see his main body despite the fact she'd shown the ability to see and hear his lure body.
Low/high-tier Arrancar:
  • Limited Spatial manipulation: The Gran Rey Cero warps space around it when used

Shinigami Physiology:

Low-tier Shinigami:
  • Likely Enhanced invisibility: Ichigo Implies that Shinigami and hollows are similarly hard to percieve
  • Limited Intangibility: Shinigami are seemingly capable of moving through solid objects like walls at command
  • Multiple Selves (type 1 and 2): All Shinigami posses a Zanpakuto spirit, the origin point of one's Zanpakuto is one's own soul and even before gaining an Asauchi they have sentience, will and power, clearly sharing the same body as the Shinigami

Fullbringer Physiology:

Low-tier Fullbringer:
  • Free Movement: Fullbringers are said to be capable of using the soul within water to allow them to walk on it
  • Resistance to extrasensory perception: Fullbringers are difficult to sense due to a lack of Reishi fluctuation when using their abilities

Quincy Physiology:

Low/High-tier Quincy:
  • Existence Erasure/Immortality Negation (Type 4): Azashiro whose goal is to kill every hollow in Hueco Mundo, states that he'd need Uryu's Quincy abilities to correct the balance of the souls if neccesary, this statement cannot possibly pertain to killing hollows are Azashiro makes it clear that Uryu is practically a back up plan to correct the balance of souls after his purge of Hueco Mundo is done

Soul Physiology:

Low-tier souls:
  • Immortality (type 2): Rukia states that a souls life force is tied to their spirit energy, Ichigo survives having a large chunk of his heart and right lung destroyed by Grand Fisher, Toshiro survives getting pierced through the heart by a burner finger 1, Yamamoto is still making actions to stop Yhwach after being split in 2, and all the captains only fully acknowledge his death only after his upper torso in completely destroyed by Yhwach, Ichigo survives getting his Saketsu and Hakusui destroyed, they are directly stated to function as hearts to a Shinigami
  • Sense Manipulation: Ichigo was capable of blocking off Rukia's senses, this is not due to any special constitution of his at this time but simply possessing much greater spirit energy
  • Resistance to Absrobtion: Souls of great enough strength, such as Tatsuki, can resist the effects of Yammy's Gonzui

High-tier souls:
  • Limited resistance to Corruption (type 1): Giselle's "Zombie" diminishes in effectiveness against individuals with strong reiatsu
Not exactly physiology based but affects most Shinigami:
  • Night vision: Shuhei states in the academy they were tasked with forging their night vision and Shunsui confirms this has been around since his time

Last edited:
Night Vision and limited light manipulation: Shuhei states that they were taught in the academy how to make light using kido and tasked with forging their night vision, Shunsui confirms this has been around since his time in the academy, even Renji who isn't particularly adept at kido is capable of creating light with his kido so Shinigami who cannot be proven to have attended Yama's academy but are surely better and more experienced Kido users, such as Ichibe and Unohana, could get a likely rating
I'd leave this out. We might make a kido page, so this would be better there.

spatial manipulation must be given to every hollow, in the novel it is stated that every hollow can affect space naturally, unlike shinigami.

cover2.jpg

I will look for a moment

Well, I don't know which chapter it was but I can make a crt to add in the future. The quote basically said that shinigami are not able to alter space through force like hollows, they do it through other means.

Last edited:
Resistance to Absrobtion: Souls of great enough strength, such as Tatsuki, can resist the effects of Yammy's Gonzui
I gave this some thought recently, and I think it goes deeper than this. The thing with gonzui is it sucks out the soul out of a person, and then Yammy absorbs. So the thing with the people resisting it is they’re resisting their soul being ripped out in general, not resisting Yammy sucking up their soul once he had it.

Resistance to absorption would be if Yammy had already sucked out the soul from their bodies and then couldn’t consume them, but he can’t even take them out in the first place. Hence I think it’s closer to a resistance to soul manipulation / having their soul ripped out that’s just passive as a consequence of their power.

Also, just getting in the specifics of this, you could also say it’s a limitation to Yammy’s ability that he can’t rip out “heavier” souls, though that’s unlikely as it’s not just that their souls are heavier / denser and hence he isn’t sucking them out, they’re just not tampered with in general. Also Yammy says it’s a power thing

spatial manipulation must be given to every hollow, in the novel it is stated that every hollow can affect space naturally, unlike shinigami.
Tbh I think it should be obvious, as we literally see every fodder hollow crack space itself in the first arc.
Funny enough, too, when they do this, it’s like they’re cracking out parts of the sky and you can see they’re still blue after the cracking

Sense Manipulation: Ichigo was capable of blocking off Rukia's senses, this is not due to any special constitution of his at this time but simply possessing much greater spirit energy
Agree, though I’m surprised there isn’t a more specific name, since it’s specifically for the spiritual stuff
Overall agree

I gave this some thought recently, and I think it goes deeper than this. The thing with gonzui is it sucks out the soul out of a person, and then Yammy absorbs. So the thing with the people resisting it is they’re resisting their soul being ripped out in general, not resisting Yammy sucking up their soul once he had it.

Resistance to absorption would be if Yammy had already sucked out the soul from their bodies and then couldn’t consume them, but he can’t even take them out in the first place. Hence I think it’s closer to a resistance to soul manipulation / having their soul ripped out that’s just passive as a consequence of their power.

Also, just getting in the specifics of this, you could also say it’s a limitation to Yammy’s ability that he can’t rip out “heavier” souls, though that’s unlikely as it’s not just that their souls are heavier / denser and hence he isn’t sucking them out, they’re just not tampered with in general. Also Yammy says it’s a power thing
I'm pretty sure it's the act of absorbtion itself that's pulling the souls out, I'm not opposed to it being a limitation to Yammy's technique instead though

I'm pretty sure it's the act of absorbtion itself that's pulling the souls out, I'm not opposed to it being a limitation to Yammy's technique instead though
Nah, cause when he rips the souls out, there’s a time between when he absorbs them and when they’re outside of their bodies. I propose a broader general resistance to soul manipulation instead, which is probably even better tbh.

I’m saying we go with an even stronger interpretation here because it makes more sense. Also the limitation in Yammy’s ability is specifically that the strong people passively resist it, it’s not that the technique isn’t even applied on the strong people. My point is that the limitation argument doesn’t work here, and it should be general passive resistance to soul manipulation

That's Arrancars not hollows and hollows does has feats for cracking space itself.

You mean when they're opening a garganta? cause regarldess we see then bite space itself... that ain't no technique
"死神達が次元の行き来に使う穿界門と違い、 虚達が次元を移動する仕組みは、この時点では 解明されていなかった。 その為、無理矢理その 亀裂をこじ開けるという真似もできず、 刳屋敷 剣八は一人空中に取り残される。 「あ …………..? なんだよ、 冷やかしかよ......」 再 び大きな溜息を吐き出し、 彼は眼下の戦場に目 を向けた。 そこにはまだ数十体の虚が残って おり、十一番隊の隊員達が戦闘を続けてい る
Unlike the senkiomon gates that the shinigami use to travel between dimensions, the mechanism by which the hollows travel between dimensions has not been elucidated at this time. As a result, he was unable to force the crack open, and Kenpachi was left alone in the air. "Oh.....? What the ****..." He let out another big sigh and looked down at the battlefield below him. There are still dozens of hollows left behind him, and the members of the eleventh division continue to fight.:"

Spafwy

Theirs different techniques to open each dimensions gates of the garganta can access all Dimensional gates besides hell and the soul palace
tJjEFo2_d.webp

"死神達が次元の行き来に使う穿界門と違い、 虚達が次元を移動する仕組みは、この時点では 解明されていなかった。 その為、無理矢理その 亀裂をこじ開けるという真似もできず、 刳屋敷 剣八は一人空中に取り残される。 「あ …………..? なんだよ、 冷やかしかよ......」 再 び大きな溜息を吐き出し、 彼は眼下の戦場に目 を向けた。 そこにはまだ数十体の虚が残って おり、十一番隊の隊員達が戦闘を続けてい る
Unlike the senkiomon gates that the shinigami use to travel between dimensions, the mechanism by which the hollows travel between dimensions has not been elucidated at this time. As a result, he was unable to force the crack open, and Kenpachi was left alone in the air. "Oh.....? What the ****..." He let out another big sigh and looked down at the battlefield below him. There are still dozens of hollows left behind him, and the members of the eleventh division continue to fight.:"

Spafwy

Theirs different techniques to open each dimensions gates of the garganta can access all Dimensional gates besides hell and the soul palace
tJjEFo2_d.webp
Dude you are spamming random things which has nothing to do with what I claimed. Manga image clearly shows crack in space not portal. Also it's done by physical contact. Don't spam random scans and explanation which doesn't even have any connection to do with what we were discussing.

Dude you are spamming random things which has nothing to do with what I claimed. Manga image clearly shows crack in space not portal. Also it's done by physical contact. Don't spam random scans and explanation which doesn't even have any connection to do with what we were discussing.
Yea it's a garganta or kumon goofy
Screenshot_20230617_113325_Discord.jpg

Last edited:
This is both teleportation and spatial manipulation.

Teleportation in Space: Instant or nearly instantaneous movement in space. It may take place either at the expense of spatial distortion (here also includes various spatial portals).
I get that but hollows are not doing that.

This is what they are doing
Spatial Manipulation is the ability to warp, bend, flip, crush, and control space.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea why I forgot about this but here's a blog with the proposed changes.
Based on deliberation I didn't include resistance to absorption for souls and intangibility for Shinigami
So I guess I'm just waiting on mod support, so do ya'll have any suggestions (don't want to bother anyone with no interest in Bleach whatsoever)

Back