• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach queries and thoughts

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
I was going to do this tomorrow but figured may aswell do it now and see what you guys think now.

So I found this information the other day while looking for something else in the manga in regards to Orihime, Aizen describes her power here as being able to reject events and make it so it never happened, And here Aizen also calls it "Causal Rejection", capable of nullifying a series of events.

Would this be considered Causality Manipulation?

If the answer is yes then there may be further implications from this. [1] ,[2] , [3]

As seen above, Orihimes power fails to affect the soul king, with Yhwach saying a humans power could not revive the SoulKing. would that be attributed to some form of acausality because she can't undo the event of the Soulkings death? theres another moment where Orihimes power fails to fix Ichigos bankai , apparently something Yhwach contributed to when he changed the future?

I'm not too sure what to make of all this, i'm just looking for some insight from other users is all at the moment

I would say is some sort of limited Casuality, that in theory should give the soul king casuality immunity, and Yhwach as well for absorbing his powers. And it will also give an upgrade to the Almighty ability as well. Since she can't reject things that Yhwach's power has manipulated, and changed. She could only reject it after Tsukishima change the past. Makes sense.

I agree with miss hokage (got right this time), it's a form of limited casuality maniplation, becasue the defination of it is "User can control causality, the relationship between causes and effects, allowing them to literally decide what happens and what doesn't, when and how" and one of orhime's powers does is this "It rejects, reverses, and reconstructs phenomena that have occurred, even phenomena that Orihime hasn't witnessed." if that's not a form of casuality maniplation then i don't know what is...

I also agree that it is a form of limited causality manipulation. As for her not being able to do her "rejection" stuff with the Soul King and Yhwach:

It could be that they specifically have casuality manipulation immunity.

Or

Orihime's causality manipulation will not work on those with "transcended" reiatsu (we know that the Soul King possesses "transcended" reaitsu being a god as would Soul King Yhwach).

Soldier Blue said:
I also agree that it is a form of limited causality manipulation. As for her not being able to do her "rejection" stuff with the Soul King and Yhwach:
It could be that they specifically have casuality manipulation immunity.

Or

Orihime's causality manipulation will not work on those with "transcended" reiatsu (we know that the Soul King possesses "transcended" reaitsu being a god as would Soul King Yhwach).
Most likely the second part

Well, I'd say that orihime's ability is very, very, limited and is very subjected to plot convenience. For example, it couldnt save Ulquiorra (when he only had a mortal wound), so her not saving the soul king would be the same case (unless ulquiorra is acausal himself, that is).

Did she try? I don't think she did, she just assume that she couldn't. However, her powers didn't work on Ichigo as well. Probably because of her mind state, since her powers depend on her state of mind, and back them she was mentally broken by Ichigo's dead or more likely in denial.

^when was that stated? the mind thing.

Random thoughts: If orihime was any relevant in Causality Manipulation, she could have undone KS effects (the first you must see) on the Gotei 13.

Iirc it was Aizen that stated it or the vizard guy.

We don't know if she could have, but remember Yamamoto doesn't like to rely on humans, nor did the Gotei asked her or she knew that they were still under it after the SS arc.

Another random thought, if Yhwach actually can manipulate causality, its also very limited, since Tsukishima could affect it just fine.

Limited, yes but not very limited. Since Orihime couldn't reject his sword, and they had to alter the past in order to be able to do fix it. (He created a new past for the object affected, i doubt he can change the past if Yhwach destroyed SS or any of the worlds.) That means the damage he can caused is probably linked with all the timelines at once, and not just one or she would had been able to reject it without Tsukishima's help.

Question.

Orihime couldn't fix Zangetsu because it was broken in all possible futures.

11 Rukia: The power...to rewrite the future...? // How can anyone... / ...hope to stand against such an ability......? Orihime: ......I...... // I'm sorry...... Kurosaki-kun...... // I couldn't fix...... // ...your Tensa Zangetsu............ Rukia: So once something has been broken in all possible futures...... // ...even the power of rejection cannot erase that outcome............ Orihime: I'm so sorry...... // Now you won't...... // ...even be able to fight............

Translated from the raw of this page. [1],[2]

Does that mean Yhwach can negated Regenerationn as well, if he brakes something in all those futures?

But there is the case of Aizen, he was still able to regenerate his arm, later on. However, when Yhwach broke his arm in the future, he was seeing Aizen as Renji thanks to KS influence. Also, Yhwach mention that all bankai's have been broken in the future, not all futures. Thoughts?

Back