• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blood Moon Zilean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
This character is listed as "At least High 6-A, possibly 5-C" for the feat of "Forced an eclipse to occur in an unknown timeframe".

However, this leaves out the directly stated way of causing said eclipse.

"Zilean - serves as the face of the cult, leading members in rituals to summon demons on the night of the blood moon. His splash depicts him on the boarder of a city using artifacts to draw power from his loyal followers. He will then use this blood magic to force a blood moon to occur with his time manipulation of the lunar cycle."

This is not an AP feat. At all. It's directly stating he's using time manipulation to affect the lunar cycle, which is what causes the blood moon to occur.

I'm not sure why this wasn't addressed in a CRT, yet.

If the eclipse did not occur due to the Moon not being directly moved from one point to the other via said character physically moving it, I do not think that the actual energy required to cause that eclipse can be quantified here.

Since the Moon itself was not moved via a direct application of kinetic energy, and instead was done by time manipulation, it should not be qualified as a direct AP feat.

WeeklyBattles said:
Shrug Fair enough. In all honesty the Blood Moons likely scale to Diana, just to a lesser extent.
Can you show something that implies that the blood moon members are comparable to each other? Or you want to scale them just because they are part of the same cult. What if next year Riot release blood moon Aurelian Sol are we going to make every cult member 3-B than.

Bepo4151 said:
Can you show something that implies that the blood moon members are comparable to each other? Or you want to scale them just because they are part of the same cult. What if next year Riot release blood moon Aurelian Sol are we going to make every cult member 3-B than.
Blood Moon Demons >>>>> Blood Moon Diana, who like the other members of the Blood Moon Cult only draw a portion of the Blood Moon Demon's power, she is only superior as she has a natural affinity for the moon but there's no reason for the others to be massively weaker.

Blood Moon Aurelian Sol isnt very fitting for the theme but it depends entirely on what they decide to make him. If they do make Blood Moon AS he'd almost definitely be a demon in which case only Thresh, Kalista, Talon, and Kennen would scale to him, with the rest still scaling to Diana

The Blood Moon champs have literally zero quantifiable AP feats and we have no idea if they're comparable to their normal selves or not, so I'm not sure why we're using Diana's normal self as a way to scale all of them.

RegisNex1232 said:
The Blood Moon champs have literally zero quantifiable AP feats and we have no idea if they're comparable to their normal selves or not, so I'm not sure why we're using Diana's normal self as a way to scale all of them.
Theres literally no reason to assume theyre not comparable

WeeklyBattles said:
Theres literally no reason to assume theyre not comparable
It's not specified either way, so why make this assumption (that they all scale to Diana rather than say Zed, Yasuo or Shen) at all then? It's better to wait and see for Riot stories than rely on Rioter posts which may be changed down the line.

RegisNex1232 said:
It's not specified either way, so why make this assumption (that they all scale to Diana rather than say Zed, Yasuo or Shen) at all then? It's better to wait and see for Riot stories than rely on Rioter posts which may be changed down the line.
Because its more of an assumption to say theyre not comparable than to say they are

Bepo4151 said:
Drawing power from the same source doesn't make them comparable. This guy and this guy also draw their power from the same source. Yet they are not even remotely comparable.
It does when they all have literally the same chance to become a demon.The Blood Moon empowers them all to the same level, with only a few becoming more powerful through special circumstances

And I still think Sargeras' profile is wanked as hell, just saying

There's no evidence either way, so I don't see any point in giving that skin line any ratings until further evidence comes out. I don't think we give ratings based on such 'assumptions' and we shouldn't, considering most profiles are scaled to or based on a calc or statement, which this doesn't have.

There are feats to scale from in the skin line, its not an assumption at all. The only assuption being made is that Diana isnt comparable to her base self, which is completely baseless

What feats? And why should we scale them all to those feats? Also, it isn't baseless to assume that Diana isn't comparable to her base self, since we don't know anything about how strong the Blood Moon champs are, as Riot has intentionally given us vague details until they release a story/event about it like they did for the PROJECT skins for Jhin, Vayne and Vi.

"He will then use this blood magic to force a blood moon to occur with his time manipulation of the lunar cycle."

It could be because the Blood Moon itself has been performed by Time manipulation, and via direct kinetic energy.

So if Zilian and Shen were to be upgraded, there needs to be some sort of evidence that the two are comparable to Leona and Pantheon. Large Star level scaling comes from those guys.

@Weekly Okay

Edit: I must have misread the post. Even the blood moon thing was removed, there needs to be evidence for Blood Moon Shen being comparable to Leona/Pantheon.

The Everlasting said:
What's an actual reason for Blood Moon Diana to not be comparable to her base self?
The fact that she's not an Aspect in that verse and so I won't expect BM Diana to be anywhere as strong as normal Diana until stated otherwise.

Yes she is, the guys who wrote the lore for the Blood Moon characters even acknowledged that she has such a strong connection with the Blood Moon BECAUSE shes an aspect of the moon

No it isn't stated anywhere at all.

"Diana - chosen of the moon, the favoured daughter of night seems destined to be a peerless assassin of the cult. Her mind is open the the old ways of the Blood Moon, lost even to Jhin. What truths does she know, what role will she play, what future did Fate see for her? When I look at her splash I really want to know!"

Where does it say that being the "chosen of the moon" in the BM verse = being an Aspect? Since as far as we know they're two different things.

Because "Chosen of the Moon" is one of her titles? Because there's no reason to assume she's NOT? Its literally a massive assumption to assume she's massively weaker than her base form for no reason whatsoever.

Burden of proof would be on weekly to prove the scaling. It's not upto others to need to prove your claim wrong

Except having a title =/= Being an Aspect. We know what happens when one is an Aspect, it's clearly shown in Diana's Bio: https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/diana/. Nothing is shown or stated for what happens in the Blood Moon universe, so why assume that she's an Aspect in this verse as well? The best thing to do would be to wait and see before giving actual ratings, instead of just straight up rating them on baseless assumptions. Just give all of them Unknown ratings and update them later, since they as of now have no feats.

Why assume she's not when nothing implies she isnt? The best thing to do is not randomly assume that she's exponentially weaker for no reason whatsoever using nothing but baseless assumptions as an argument.

I'm not assuming she's randomly weaker/the same/stronger at all. I'm saying that until we get more details, they should all be rated Unknown since everything else is just baseless assumptions. Unless rating profiles based on speculation is the new policy.

Well, unless you bring proof that BD Dina isnt comparable to base Diana, im gonna upgrade them to tier 4 scaling from Diana, not sure what youre doing

There's no proof either way, so I'm not sure why you're going to upgrade them anyway considering it isn't in this site's policy to upgrade/rate characters without any proof.

As do I. If there is no proof for the scaling they dont scale.

If there was it begs the question why werent they upgraded before and relied on that faulty calc./feat

LordAizenSama said:
As do I. If there is no proof for the scaling they dont scale.
If there was it begs the question why werent they upgraded before and relied on that faulty calc./feat
Because Diana herself was only very recently upgraded

Because it'd be a jump of 2 tiers with even less proof? At least their current tier had a statement (even if it was mistaken), but Weekly's reasoning would literally be 'because I said so'. And if you do go that way, why Diana? Why not Shen or Akali or Zed or Twisted Fate? Why automatically go for the strongest character to scale all of them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back