• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bog profile rework + RHG AP revision

Alright, I'll start with the easy part first.

Removal of 7-B from Rock Hard Gladiators profiles

Basically, the 7-A in the verse comes from Bog having a mountain level durability feat that he survived without noticeable damage. The thing is, by Rock Hard Gladiators/Dojo Duels standards, Bog isn't particularly durable most of the time. The most obvious example of this is Bog's fight with Gildedguy, where Gilded can cut through Bog's skull with relative ease, even without exploiting his weakness to fire, but there are other examples. Syn effortlessly blows his head up, Hue easily impales his head with a sword before then cutting his head in half pulling it out, this seemingly unnamed stick figure easily cutting Bog's arm off, Syn punching his arm off in a different animation, Blue bisects him, pretty much anyone worth their salt in the verse can heavily damage Bog pretty easily, so having everyone just be solidly at least 7-A makes more sense than having an extra 7-B.

Bog's actual profile

The abilities on Bog's profile have little to no explanations, espesially ones that desperately need them. These are the worst offenders, though literally everything there but Superhuman Physical Characteristics needs explanations.
  • Blood Manipulation: Should probably be explained it's his own blood. It's obvious if you know the character, but not everyone does.
  • Elemental Intangibility: No. His acid attacks are intangible but Bog himself can be hit easily.
  • Minor Telepathy: Where is this from?
  • Mid-High Regen: I'm pretty sure the best regeneration Bog has is Low-High, from a statement that he can regen from a drop of blood (Though I can't find this statement at the moment). Without that statement he's mid at most for pretty consistently regening from his head being damaged.
Also, Bog should probably get Illusion Creation from his fight with Gildedguy, where he appeared to use a power like that several times (Such as tricking Gildedguy into thinking he had killed him while not being there), which is seemingly tied to his usage of magic.

He also has some powers from Gildedguy's description of him, which can be found from his website. Basically, he can control just how acidic and corrosive his blood is, as well as how liquid or solid it is.

I know this wasn’t commented on in months, but I agree with this. I have actually seen many moments of Bog’s opponents harming him and his solid Mountain durability that having an extra City key feels redundant.

• Mid-High Regen: I'm pretty sure the best regeneration Bog has is Low-High, from a statement that he can regen from a drop of blood (Though I can't find this statement at the moment). Without that statement he's mid at most for pretty consistently regening from his head being damaged.

At 0:23 and 1:44

So I’m gonna bring up the elephant in the room……

We do realize that using any calculation feats for anything period in this verse is pretty meaningless right?

Because there’s absolutely no standard when it comes to RHG. Characters are as powerful or weak as the animator of that specific RHG wants them to be.

For example:

Tentionmaru is tier 5 and is shown to be that powerful whenever he is animated by his creator. However whenever he is animated by others he’s never shown to do anything similar.

In fact take a look at his fight against Jomm.

I can assure you that Jomm has NEVER shown anything close to tier 5. Jomm has however fought Wrench, who in turn has fought FLLFFL, who has fought Yoyo, who in turn has fought One, who in turn has fought Bog.

And we all know that Bog literally cannot be tier 5. As a matter of fact, most of these characters wouldn’t even scale to tier 7 based on their individual feats.

But those feats misrepresent the individual characters that are made by the creators of said characters, because those feats are done by someone else that is animating them.

You can even argue that most of the time the animations with characters of animators that didn’t work on them are simply not canon whatsoever to that character.

As is the case with FLLFFL dying multiple times and as well as Time Havoc killing Arzon but Arzon still being around to fight alongside Gildedguy against Andre.

There’s also the fact that RHG and Hyun’s Dojo are essentially two different “verses” that also intertwine with each other every other video. But are distinctly different.

Hyun’s Dojo having its own lore for example.

Which is also different from Gildedguy’s videos because he has created Stellapent Cier which is his take on the world of Cier (where the lore of Hyun’s dojo takes place).

I think the most “accurate” way to represent this verse is to accurately portray what the creators of each character has demonstrated them to be like.

Tentionmaru is very clearly a parody of Dragon Ball, which is why he has multiple forms with power ups and can blow up planets.

However this is different from characters like One who has only ever shown extreme speed and nothing close to tier 8.

Or characters like ShadowRose which are basically 9-B at most in all showings.

Again that would be the most accurate, but also the most time consuming and work intensive. The other method would be to use general feats for high ends and low ends, while adding using “tier varies” to represent the verse as a whole. Since they do in fact vary.

We’re also going to have to consider that sometimes another animator’s portrayal of a character may still be canon, as is the case with Gildedguy vs Jade by Camila Cuevas since that is a prequel to Gildedguy vs Jade by Gildedguy.

This verse needs to be monitored case by case and it’s a pain in the ass.

Monitoring the verse is definitely gonna be a pain, especially if we take into consideration that some of the animations are probably only on Stickpage instead of Youtube, so they likely aren't even available. Are any of the games considered canon? Most of those have pretty good feats from what I remember.

Monitoring the verse is definitely gonna be a pain, especially if we take into consideration that some of the animations are probably only on Stickpage instead of Youtube, so they likely aren't even available. Are any of the games considered canon? Most of those have pretty good feats from what I remember.
Meh well in Fatal Art there’s a trailer where we see FLLFFL come back and it’s implied that he was supposed to be dead (like he died vs Umbrella). But ultimately everyone still treats him as dead (including his creator, which is the most important part).

Seems like the same case as to what I was referring to earlier.

So any thoughts on what I proposed? I can make a thread to go over it, but I wanted to know if that made sense before going forward with it.

So we have to come up with their own individual tiers considering how inconsistent in power they are as well as canonicity issues depending on who the animator is?

So any thoughts on what I proposed? I can make a thread to go over it, but I wanted to know if that made sense before going forward with it.
I think creating a RHG CRT would be for the best to discuss everything. To adress some things (aka how I would approach them):
RHGs (like Arzon vs Time Havoc) would be considered canonical showings of abilities, but not nesessarily of outcomes, and only the author's side, unless its plausable to iclude other side or if the author considers other side canon (Shadow Rose vs Shura I think).
But honestly, considering overall collaborative nature of RHG and Dojo, I would just say "case by case" and be done with it.

Similarly, if something is created by original author (say, parts of Imitator collabs, which have certain showings and lore) or with their consent (Nhazul comics featuring some of Tentionmaru's abilities/Gilded's fights against Bog, Oxob, and Andre), but not a part of their original canon, it would still be allowed, at least to a certain extent.

The thing about them being different verses is both fair and not so much. It's not like with DC's timelines or something. Both are intertwined so much, it'd be easier to keep it as it is. The only exception would be Gildedguy's Cier, since it explicitly stated to be his own version of it. But for that we can make different keys.

That was long. Also, OP makes sense.

Back