• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Book Maker description change

I think the description of book maker is a bit strange in the powers and ability section of Misogi's profile and on Medakas profile in general.

It states that bookmaker seals opponents or negates their skills, but that isn't what it really does at all.

To just quickly quote from the Medaka wiki:

"When he stabs someone with the screw, it turns the target into a Minus by bringing that person to Kumagawa's level: body, spirit, technique, intellect, and talent; all fall to match Kumagawa. Despite the fact that the screw needs to pierce the victim to take effect, the damage done to the body is nearly zero; Kumagawa labels Book Maker as an ability that only soils the heart."

So it actually a equalization skill. (here a source on that)

That is also how he "sealed" Ajimu. As stated here in Ajimus and Hanten sealed state they are minuses which rival kumagawa, not completly powerless.

I am pointing this difference from sealing or negating out, because as described here bookmaker isn't a skill through which kumagawa can win a battle, as any small advantage for one side will instantly be equalized by the opponent being put at kumagawas level again.

In other words the skill causes only a draw. (which can be resolved through external factors though)

So I would suggest to change the wording in the powers and abilities to something like "can equalize the opponents body, spirit, technique, intellect, and talent to his own" and a more detailed description for Medakas "Notable Attacks/Techniques"-section.

Kumagawas powers and abilities section still states that it is a sealing and making them virtually powerless. I think for him the formulation like you put on Medakas profile would be better as well.

That said, if Medaka uses Book Maker, wouldn't the skill bring then to Medakas level instead of Kumagawas?

I mean Kumagawa initially says: "You would take all damage caused to the holder of the minus" not necessarily to kumagawa if he isn't the holder.

I am not sure we have ever seen Medaka use the ability to know for certain...

@DontTalk

I don't think we've seen Medaka use most of the Abnormalities and Minuses she should have been able to copy. That said, it wouldn't be a very useful Minus if it brought the user to Medaka's level, would it (given that she's superhumanly gifted in body, spirit, intellect, technique, and talent).

I'll edit Kumagawa's entry again once I get back from class and exams.

It wouldn't be very useful to her, then again it isn't all that useful in general and nobody said that her skills have to be useful ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Back