• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I agree with this, that's why i'm saying a "possibly" rating within this instance would be preferable to a concrete rating, or even no rating at all because the evidence itself isn't specific enough with its intention to qualify for a concrete rating, but arguing against the possibly of Momoshiki using an ability he has to peer into the future in this instance would also wrong since it isn't unfathomable or a leap of logic to believe that he did use it as that's within his capabilities.
"Possibly" might work, sure. But I'd like to know why he seemingly didn't look into the future once during his own battles.

Do we actually know he didn't peer into the future in his previous battles, or are we just not told that he did?

If it's the latter, then we can't make that value judgement since we don't have enough knowledge, it's possible he did, but it's also possible that he didn't. We just don't know, so it would be wrong to make that assumption when it's ultimately unneeded, and contextually/logically unsupported.

Do we actually know he didn't peer into the future in his battles previously, or are we just not told that he did?
its clearly shown in the last panel of chapter 75 , it shows how far his future sight was cause we saw the boruto vs mitsuki fight , and a fight we havent seen on panel yet where shikadai, inojin and chocho are seen facing boruto telling him "just aint what a friend does" HE CLEARLY SEE'S PAST THE MITSUKI FIGHT, to otherwise is just ignoring the context. its like saying just cause shanks saw the future once he cant do what is needed and needs to keep using it defeat someone which dosent make sense as opposed to what he showed.

by your own admission there is no evidence that anyone used the Byakugan, you cant contradict yourself when it's convenient. also no momoshiki in this form has only three feats
So it should be chakra sensing then. Since by this sites own admission he only sees the future with the Byakugan. If you want him to see the future without the Byakugan change that first.
1. seeing the future, it's kind of his thing, he keeps reminding us and spends the entire chapter telling us he can see the future and sees boruto's friends killing him
Okay.
2. Stop Time (which he doesnt do here)
Yes.
3. Talk with Boruto
Which he does.
saying his using the Byakugan or just chakra sensing requires an extreme amount of mental gymnastics to avoid the blatantly obvious.
Occam razor is heavily in my favor here
Not really when your falling what the site has accepted for him.

its clearly shown in the last panel of chapter 75 , it shows how far his future sight was cause we saw the boruto vs mitsuki fight , and a fight we havent seen on panel yet where shikadai, inojin and chocho are seen facing boruto telling him "just aint what a friend does" HE CLEARLY SEE'S PAST THE MITSUKI FIGHT, to otherwise is just ignoring the context.
So he could have just been using information from that to warn Boruto.

We also know when he sees into the future the eye does this thingy.
0075-040.png

We also know when he sees into the future the eye does this thingy.
0075-040.png
exactly this page tells it all, he has seen all this happen(mitsuki attacking boruto) already even what we havent seen yet in the current manga panels which shows shikadai, inojin and chocho saying that to boruto . Momo see's it all too as he showed boruto when their thoughts were crossing over( is basically the reason boruto see it in the first place). and why momo can't use it against naruto and sasuke, cause he said he cant see his own fate only others.

Last edited:
So why would he suddenly be unable to sense chakra now..? Unless that was stated I've got no idea where that assumption is coming from tbh
Because he is in Boruto's body. There is no evidence Momoshiki is able to sense chakra or have any influence on the outside world without taking over Boruto's body or conciousness.

Because he is in Boruto's body. There is no evidence Momoshiki is able to sense chakra or have any influence on the outside world without taking over Boruto's body or conciousness.
i have no idea why this is so hard for people to understand

Also, are we now arguing that Momoshiki is currently blind while he's a spirit as he doesn't have real eyes?

Also, are we now arguing that Momoshiki is currently blind while he's a spirit as he doesn't have real eyes?
this is a strawman argument

nobody is arguing that Momoshiki is blind, we are arguing that theres no reason to assume that an ability that requires a physical presence to detect something in the present isnt going to carry over to something thats entirely a disembodied consciousness. because if he could do everything from the comfort of some abstract plane then there wouldn't be the need to have a physical vessel.

But the logic of "A is inside B so A can't use his abilities" is still... not the best
it's a false equivalence, i understand why you might not like this specific argument because of the precidence of Kurama. but they are fundamentally not the same. one is a real living being trapped and sealed within the body of human using ninja magic and has demostrated feats of doing stuff like this, the other is the shared consciousness of two beings that are overlapping because of their genetics becoming one.

I'm fine with Momoshiki having Claiyvoyance, and for Boruto also having Claiyvoyance by extension of Momoshiki having it and being able to inform him of things.
this is what im arguing for
There was certainly no implication that he could ever see the future when he was actually fighting Naruto and Sasuke.
it's stated that he cant see his own fate, which is why i disagreed with Momoshiki having this as combat applicable, the reason it works for Boruto is because Momoshiki can see his (boruto's) fate and warn him of stuff.

Boruto doesnt have future sight by himself and Momoshiki cant use it for himself, the only reason this works is because of the circumstances of the two of them sharing a body.

it's a false equivalence, i understand why you might not like this specific argument because of the precidence of Kurama. but they are fundamentally not the same. one is a real living being trapped and sealed within the body of human using ninja magic and has demostrated feats of doing stuff like this, the other is the shared consciousness of two beings that are overlapping because of their genetics becoming one.
Do we have any other instances of dead ass people existing inside of others in Naruto?

a more important question i want to pose. is why are we taking the "jump up a tree" statement and ending it there as if it's not part of a larger context
right afterwards he tells us that Mitsuki has no hesitation in killing him and that he should run if he wants to live because his former friends are coming for him, the reason being that Eida has used Omnipotence to reverse their roles.

Momoshiki knows all of this,because it's part of a vision he saw for the future, (which we see a few chapters earlier) If Momoshiki has the entire future displayed to him, why would he uses chakra sensing to warn boruto and not just tell him the obvious information he already knows.

this is a strawman argument

nobody is arguing that Momoshiki is blind, we are arguing that theres no reason to assume that an ability that requires a physical presence to detect something in the present isnt going to carry over to something thats entirely a disembodied consciousness. because if he could do everything from the comfort of some abstract plane then there wouldn't be the need to have a physical vessel.
Seeing his surroundings with the Byakugan is not the same as interacting with the world in a meaningful way like touching an object.

it's stated that he cant see his own fate, which is why i disagreed with Momoshiki having this as combat applicable, the reason it works for Boruto is because Momoshiki can see his (boruto's) fate and warn him of stuff.

Boruto doesnt have future sight by himself and Momoshiki cant use it for himself, the only reason this works is because of the circumstances of the two of them sharing a body.
Just quoting this because this seems to be the most important argument in this thread

What's the point of this anyway? Isn't it confirmed that he has FS anyway? Or are you guys arguing for Combat Applicable FS?

Seeing his surroundings with the Byakugan is not the same as interacting with the world in a meaningful way like touching an object.
yes it is

seeing with an eye is the same thing as touching , which is why they are all part of the five senses .

more importantly Byakugan's dont passively see chakra, they need to be activated, what your arguing is that momoshiki conveniently used the byakugan at the exact moment when it was needed and then for the rest of the time he used clairvoyant, this what i mean by saying it's a contrived argument.

if we could scale abilities between mental and physical planes as we wish, then Sage Mode naruto would have scaled to Kurama years ago.
it's a case to case basis and theres no evidence to assume that a disembodied genetic consciousnesses will retain his physical forms powers. given that prior to this the only time momoshiki's appears interacted with the tangible world was when their minds were overlapping and Boruto activated the Byakugan which caused him to see his own future. Momoshiki hasnt even shown the ability to see other peoples futures anymore after dying and had to receive information about peoples schemes and plans the same way boruto did

yes it is

seeing with an eye is the same thing as touching , which is why they are all part of the five senses .

more importantly Byakugan's dont passively see chakra, they need to be activated, what your arguing is that momoshiki conveniently used the byakugan at the exact moment when it was needed and then for the rest of the time he used clairvoyant, this what i mean by saying it's a contrived argument.

if we could scale abilities between mental and physical planes as we wish, then Sage Mode naruto would have scaled to Kurama years ago.
it's a case to case basis and theres no evidence to assume that a disembodied genetic consciousnesses will retain his physical forms powers. given that prior to this the only time momoshiki's appears interacted with the tangible world was when their minds were overlapping and Boruto activated the Byakugan which caused him to see his own future. Momoshiki hasnt even shown the ability to see other peoples futures anymore after dying and had to receive information about peoples schemes and plans the same way boruto did
We've seen Momoshiki activate the Byakugan while as a spirit in Chapter 10.

I really don't understand what is so hard to understand here, It has been shown multiple times that Momo can see boruto fate, events happening in the distant future, we literally see Momoshiki telling boruto that their thought are crossing over, allowing boruto to see Glimpses of what Momoshiki saw even past the mitsuki fight which the Op posted , seeing even panel what haven't yet been shown in the latest chapter of the manga where shikadai , inojin and chocho all confront boruto and tell him '' just aint what a friend would do'' , after which we find out the meaning of momoshiki words when he said those words him meant about blue eyes would make him lose everything , which meant Eida's eyes , and momoshiki further explains the power and phenomenon , while mocking boruto with a knowing smirk, this has been foreshadowed for a while now. spoiler(its like saying shanks seeing the future in the latest chap and knowing what would happen in latest chap and avoiding it or preventing it is him just sensing haki ). It dosent make sense saying a byakugan which can see the future is just predicting , or sensing chakra which are clearly all just contrived reasons to ignore the context.

I really don't understand what is so hard to understand here, It has been shown multiple times that Momo can see boruto fate, events happening in the distant future, we literally see Momoshiki telling boruto that their thought are crossing over, allowing boruto to see Glimpses of what Momoshiki saw even past the mitsuki fight which the Op posted , seeing even panel what haven't yet been shown in the latest chapter of the manga where shikadai , inojin and chocho all confront boruto and tell him '' just aint what a friend would do'' , after which we find out the meaning of momoshiki words when he said those words him meant about blue eyes would make him lose everything , which meant Eida's eyes , and momoshiki further explains the power and phenomenon , while mocking boruto with a knowing smirk, this has been foreshadowed for a while now. spoiler(its like saying shanks seeing the future in the latest chap and knowing what would happen in latest chap and avoiding it or preventing it is him just sensing haki ). It dosent make sense and are all just contrived reasons.
Not only is your comparison invalid because we don't see Momoshiki using precognition to see the attack coming, but you're spoiling chapters for another series before they're officially released.

Not only is your comparison invalid because we don't see Momoshiki using precognition to see the attack coming, but you're spoiling chapters for another series before they're officially released.
i apologize about the spoilers was the best comparison I could make, but in no way is it invalid u are just ignoring the context for your own contrived meaning. why would he need to see it WHEN HE HAS SEEN IT ALL ALREADY , AND IS BASICALLY ONE STEP AHEAD OF EVERYONE. and who says he isn't using future sight , u would never know if he used it unless he tells u which makes no sense for u to expect such , when its a basic ability of his byakugan

Last edited:
We've seen Momoshiki activate the Byakugan while as a spirit in Chapter 10.
thats because it's Momoshiki's spirit that is manifesting in the real world, it happens when they die, Otsutsuki's spirits exist in the real world, which is why sasuke could perceive him and later on Ishikki's spirit physically manifested in front of Code after he was killed to pass on his will. Eida was able to perceive it as well.

what your comparing isnt the same thing, momoshiki's consciousness is appearing genetically with in a host body' mind, his not some disembodied ghost sealed in a person.

I'm fine with Momoshiki having Claiyvoyance, and for Boruto also having Claiyvoyance by extension of Momoshiki having it and being able to inform him of things.

But I'm not seeing anything that strongly suggests Momoshiki is actively peeking ahead a couple of seconds to viewing what is happening during combat.

There was certainly no implication that he could ever see the future when he was actually fighting Naruto and Sasuke.

And if the only evidence we have to go on is him telling Boruto "Jump into the trees", I think it's too big of a stretch to say that his warning could only have come from seeing the future.
And momoshiki wasn't shown to manipulate time in his physical state.

I believe it's another spirit thingy

Back