• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brawl Stars: Canonicity of Skins and Lightning Feats

I made a blog to outline the specifics of the subject of this thread. The resulting idea was that skins are canon within Brawl Stars, and are most of the time, transformations that Brawlers have that in-fact change how they are and their abilities.

What this would mean is abilities like Zeus Brock's cloud lightning (which comes from a sentient cloud that can act in its own fruition, and is just commanded by Brock himself to do things), would be real cloud lightning. An argument could be that it's magical, but there isn't any reason to assume that besides the fact that its alive, given Brock isn't capable of controlling it telekinetically in any way. We also see feats involving lightning from sentient clouds to be accepted as Massively Hypersonic lightning. In the wiki by calc group members. The point of this thread is to discuss the blog itself, and the whole lightning thing.

I kinda feel like disagreeing here. I think I'll make a proper response later but my main issue is the lore of BS. If we start arguing about canon in BS then we will inevitably crash into the fact that it has canonical lore that is very different and doesn't really support the stuff we see. While trailers for Clash Royale and CoC have always been bound by at least some of the rules of the games themselves, showing us events how they look from a realistic perspective, in BS it all looks more like a trailer to hype things up rather than something that reflects gameplay or canonical lore.

I kinda feel like disagreeing here. I think I'll make a proper response later but my main issue is the lore of BS. If we start arguing about canon in BS then we will inevitably crash into the fact that it has canonical lore that is very different and doesn't really support the stuff we see. While trailers for Clash Royale and CoC have always been bound by at least some of the rules of the games themselves, showing us events how they look from a realistic perspective, in BS it all looks more like a trailer to hype things up rather than something that reflects gameplay or canonical lore.
I don't see how this is relevant in the case of skins having keys in the profile? [The skins being canon is not relevant to the main lore, as the profile having a key to the skins' own history would result in the same, since regular brawlers wouldn't scale to the skins even if it were canon] Skins have their own stories regardless of whether they are compatible with the main lore or not, and keys to the stories of these skins can still be done even if what you are stating were correct.

Off topic, but why doesn't Poco have healing on his profile?☠️

I don't see how it is not relevant. Why would we add skins to the profile? They're skins for goodness sake, they are customizations with cool cinematics made to promote them and that's that. They aren't canon to the main lore at all since they heavily contradict it and thus they aren't part of the canon. One could try and argue it is alternative canon but the trailers for the skins do not have a specific canon to them, they are just that - cinematics for coolness effect with one short story for this cinematic.

I don't see how it is not relevant. Why would we add skins to the profile? They're skins for goodness sake, they are customizations with cool cinematics made to promote them and that's that. They aren't canon to the main lore at all since they heavily contradict it and thus they aren't part of the canon. One could try and argue it is alternative canon but the trailers for the skins do not have a specific canon to them, they are just that - cinematics for coolness effect with one short story for this cinematic.
and? Even if what you just said was correct, the Keys can still be made, because the cinematic EXISTS🤯 and if it has no connection with other cinematics then obviously it will only scale to the cinematic that it appeared.

What you just said literally means nothing to my previous comment.
I don't see how this is relevant in the case of skins having keys in the profile? [The skins being canon is not relevant to the main lore, as the profile having a key to the skins' own history would result in the same, since regular brawlers wouldn't scale to the skins even if it were canon] Skins have their own stories regardless of whether they are compatible with the main lore or not, and keys to the stories of these skins can still be done even if what you are stating were correct.

Off topic, but why doesn't Poco have healing on his profile?☠️

I'mma ask staff about it cause at this point it is an issue of whether the rules allow it.

Also, those aren't gonna be keys. Keys are for stuff within the canon. Here you'll have to make separate profiles for the skins since not only are they canon only to their cinematic but are often shown as pretty much different characters. You'd also have to scale them to their own feats too since the game doesn't reflect the characters in the cinematic which would work vice-versa.

Why would we put them as keys? Just make seperate profiles and slap em on the damn verse page and use a format thing like damn.

There isn't actually really anything to suggest the main lore contradicts the animations themselves, the lore from the Security Tapes are more or less the origin for how Brawlers are "made". Even though the gems they get mostly seem like it makes them crazy, on a second rewatch, it's only a couple of Brawlers who go crazy with their newfound powers. Brawlers like Leon or Shelly are still relatively normal even after gaining powers, so it just seems like they were excited or power-hungry initially, so it's reasonable to assume they just stopped being as crazy as they were. Besides that, nothing really implies or says that the animations can't take place after those tapes. I think the burden of providing evidence would be on the one disagreeing, because normally, things like animations would be assumed to also be canon unless proof says otherwise.

Will reply later but the fact is, this animation alone contradicts everything shown in lore

LMAO ok yeah I agree, completely forgot this animation existed 😭. But I gotta ask if cinematics that don't really contradict anything in the slightest (like a couple) and are just either Brawlers wearing costumes or makeup (like these) would count. Or the LINE friends animations where they just outright have LINE characters exist as separate characters

Last edited:
LMAO ok yeah I agree, completely forgot this animation existed 😭. But I gotta ask if cinematics that don't really contradict anything in the slightest (like a couple) and are just either Brawlers wearing costumes or makeup (like these) would count. Or the LINE friends animations where they just outright have LINE characters exist as separate characters
I'd say it's more or less fine, just don't go trying to argue MFTL Pam with that animation.

I'd say it's more or less fine, just don't go trying to argue MFTL Pam with that animation.
That animation I only calced to have her be Supersonic+. So the consensus is that Brawler skins that completely change what Brawlers are are non-canon, but the possibility of skins that are just costumes or makeup are fine?

Back