• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brightburn vs The Overseer

Brandon takes his chaos spree to Philadephia, and David is having none of it.

Speed equalized.

Brandon brightburn
David Dunn

Mountain level Hancock?

I think we also need to consider David's higher end wall level feats, or at least durabiliy, along with his enourmously superior experience and likely higher stamina.

David is a much better fighter, as well as at the very least being physically comparable

So is Brandon though, who arguably shows higher feats. Also David's experience, while is decent, isn't against anyone really like BB. Sure the beast is strong, but he doesn't have the abilities or stats of BB.

I'm unsure of busting a Cement Pillar is comparable to being much stronger then when you tanked a train crash with Zero Broken bones.

Beast is also not a complete mentally deranged child, IE Brandon

@Schnee Unless he was directly hit by a train, there are normal, non superhuman people irl who have done the same

Schnee One said:
I'm unsure of busting a Cement Pillar is comparable to being much stronger then when you tanked a train crash with Zero Broken bones.

Beast is also not a complete mentally deranged child, IE Brandon
The train feat has a lot of unknown factors to it, also tanking a crash is hard to calc due it being unknown what necessarily happened. Stranger things have been survived in real life with no injury. That is likely not the case here but it is just showing how that "feat" is hard to quantify.

The beast isn't a skilled fighter either though, doesn't have flight or heat vision, etc.

The train feat has a lot of unknown factors to it, also tanking a crash is hard to calc due it being unknown what necessarily happened. Stranger things have been survived in real life with no injury. That is likely not the case here but it is just showing how that "feat" is hard to quantify.

The beast isn't a skilled fighter either though, doesn't have flight or heat vision, etc.

While not skilled per say, Beast is a lot more intelligent then this.

In the first scene we see him against David, he uses his feat to perch himself off the pillar behind him and use it as leverage, along with climbing walls to get the drop on his opponent.

The train wasn't calced anyway and is assumed to be baseline.

Just go Google any railroad disaster with a < 100% fatality rate

There was the guy we use to give Composite Human 9-B dura, but he had massively denser bones than usual.

I don't think it was particularly high end though.

Going Brandon via superior mobility in this fight, superior abilities in general, arguably higher stats, and can likely take whatever David does to him. Also BB could just fly into the sky and drop David. Might not kill him but will hurt...a lot.

"While not skilled per say, Beast is a lot more intelligent then this. In the first scene we see him against David, he uses his feet to perch himself off the pillar behind him and use it as leverage, along with climbing walls to get the drop on his opponent." Basic fighting knowledge and using walls...."a lot more intelligent".

Plus im pretty sure if Brandon sees that his opponent can match him physically he'd opt to use his laser vision, he's homicidal not stupid

WeeklyBattles said:
Plus im pretty sure if Brandon sees that his opponent can match him physically he'd opt to use his laser vision, he's homicidal not stupid
I'm not too sure the Heat Vision would be able to do much against David, the Heat Vision that Brandon uses took a considerable amount of time to go through his Fathers skull

Personally I think that this battle might be inconclusive, they both have similar attack potency, and even though Brandon has the range advantage via Laser beams, at the same time those same beams took a considerable amount of time(around 7 seconds) to even blast a hole through a mans skull, so it's debatable if it could even harm David, as well as Brandons possible trump card, dropping David from the atmosphere, might not even kill David either because we don't know the full extent of his durability, since the train crash feat can't be calculated.

Lacku said:
Personally I think that this battle might be inconclusive, they both have similar attack potency, and even though Brandon has the range advantage via Laser beams, at the same time those same beams took a considerable amount of time(around 7 seconds) to even blast a hole through a mans skull, so it's debatable if it could even harm David, as well as Brandons possible trump card, dropping David from the atmosphere, might not even kill David either because we don't know the full extent of his durability, since the train crash feat can't be calculated.
We already said the train feat can't really be calced, the drop might not kill DD, but it will hurt. Same with the heat vision. Once DD starts wailing on him in close range, BB will move back and use flight and heat vision. Keyword being "Heat". Sure the damage may not cause to much deep damage of the bat, but it will burn.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Lacku said:
We already said the train feat can't really be calced, the drop might not kill DD, but it will hurt. Same with the heat vision. Once DD starts wailing on him in close range, BB will move back and use flight and heat vision. Keyword being "Heat". Sure the damage may not cause to much deep damage of the bat, but it will burn.
Now that you bring up the heat of the blast, is it possible the blast would even pierce Davids skin? We've never really seen the Overseer deal with temperature before, the only times I can think of are when David (when he was around 18/19) saved Audrey from nearly dying in a car that was on fire, during this scene he didn't react to the fire or the smoke coming from it but that's not a very good example, the only other example of Overseer dealing with temp. is the end of Unbreakable when he's thrown into a swimming pool at night during a storm, after he got out he didn't really seem to react to the freezing temp. that he should be feeling at that moment, and a day later he's fine, but trying to justify whether or not David can survive the blast with these two examples are a bit of a reach.

Actually, at the end of Split when the Beast gets shot twice by a Shotgun blast, would it be possible that there would be a certain level of heat inflicted on him along with that damage? I'm 50/50 on whether what I just said was dumb or not.

The heat of fire and the heat of a shotgun blast isnt even close to the heat of Brandon's heat vision which can melt steel

Yeah very true, I'm just trying to see all the times the Eastrail trilogy characters dealt with heat before, because in the series everything is meant to be realistic, so trying to find times when the characters dealt with steel melting levels of heat or even trying to argue whether David could deal with fighters that can fly when his universe would never have such a thing or was made to is hard.

Back