• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Buso Haki page revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
Logia Haki users have shown to resist elemental intangibility negation via having stronger haki, further supported by this statement of Shanks having strong enough haki to be able to solidify Akainu's elemental intangibility while it's shown someone inferior to Akainu's haki like Marco and Vista couldn't. Would look something like this:
  • Resistance to
    • Heat Manipulation (Sanji states that Buso assists him in withstanding heat[56])
    • Spatial Manipulation and Teleportation (Trafalgar Law's abilities, specifically Amputate and Shambles, are shown and stated to not work against those with superior Buso to him[12][26])
    • Resistance Negation (Users with superior Buso can resist the affects of Haki negating their resistances, shown with Gear 4th Luffy negating Doflamingo's negation of Luffy's resistance to blunt force attacks[37])
    • Elemental Intangibility Negation (Users with superior Buso resists the affects of Haki negating their elemental intangibility, shown with Shanks's buso negating Akainu's elemental intangibility while Marco and Vista's Buso couldn't[1][2])

rewording to the Regeneration Negation's justification, as it has too many times been misunderstood and been confused by many, it's supposed to say that it negates amped regeneration and not regeneration that you are born with (where the word natural comes from in the justification), which makes it confusing for others as it's stated that the regeneration functions by accelerating one's natural regeneration. So instead it will look something like this:
  • Regeneration Negation (At least Mid, likely Mid-High; Haki users are capable of negating non-natural regeneration, like the Tori Tori no Mi: Model Phoenix[52])
    To
  • Regeneration Negation (At least Mid, likely Mid-High; Haki users are capable of negating externally accelerated natural regeneration[52], like the regeneration granted by the Tori Tori no Mi: Model Phoenix[53])
Can be discussed to be worded differently if needed

The Haki page currently has devil fruit negation on it's page and the justifications listed on it are instances whenever haki has blocked/resisted devil fruit abilities which isn't anything like negation, different to law's showings of using a great amount of haki to negate the ability/effects

It also shouldn't be listed on the haki page but on the Armament Haki section instead, this has been confirmed many times that only buso Haki is the sole method of combating devil fruits

So the haki page on the armament Haki section would look something like this:

Powers and Abilities​

Initial Stage​

Intermediate Stage​

• Devil Fruit Negation (Intense enough Haki can counteract and negate Devil Fruit abilities, seen whenever Trafalgar Law negated the effects of the Feminization Disease from the Sick-Sick Fruit [14])
  • Transmutation (Over time, the more a swordsman uses Buso in a specific blade, there is a chance that the weapon can be turned into a Black Blade[46])

Conclusion​

Here's the revised sandbox

rewording to the Regeneration Negation's justification, as it has too many times been misunderstood and been confused by many, it's supposed to say that it negates amped regeneration and not regeneration that you are born with (where the word natural comes from in the justification), which makes it confusing for others as it's stated that the regeneration functions by accelerating one's natural regeneration. So instead it will look something like this:
It looks like the natural healing being boosted is separate to the actual healing that Marco does with the DF since he says:

"I've patched you up... and your natural healing speed should be faster now."

So I don't think we can label the Tori Tori no Mi's regeneration as just being one's natural regeneration. I disagree with this part of the OP.

It looks like the natural healing being boosted is separate to the actual healing that Marco does with the DF since he says:

"I've patched you up... and your natural healing speed should be faster now."

So I don't think we can label the Tori Tori no Mi's regeneration as just being one's natural regeneration. I disagree with this part of the OP.
it's not lebaling it as natural regen... It's amped natural regen, he accelerated the natural healing speed with his flames
0909-004.png

And it's also stated in the vivrecard that the flames increases/accelerates ones regeneration
0446-02-Marco.jpg

【能力で船医も兼任】
再生速度を上昇させる“再生の炎”は、能力者自身だけでなく他者にも有効!!

He is also a ship's doctor with his ability.
The "flame of regeneration" that increases the speed of regeneration is effective not only for the ability holder himself but also for others!
So not too sure what you're trying to say

And also here from op magazine vol 14 it says that it revitalizes the life force of the subject (could ask in the official translation thread for better translation, tho don't think it's needed from the response above)
33.jpg

▲▼ 対象の生命力を活性化させる不死鳥の力と、「不老手術」を執り行える″オペオペの実„の力。2つの能力が合わさる時、不老不死も夢じゃない・・・?

The power of the phoenix that revitalizes the life force of the subject and the power of the "op-op fruit" that can perform "immortality surgery"... When these two abilities are combined, immortality is not just a dream...?
I'm not adding anything new, just rewording it

Last edited:
Just looking at the scan for the first part:

His amazing high ki and swordsmanship are still alive and well! He has enough high ki to catch Akainu's attack and enough sword skills to compete with the strongest swordsman, Mihawk!

Why is it being interpreted that "High enough Ki to catch Akainu's attack" mean that he is "solidfying Akainu's intangibility" here? Magma is still a solid substance, and it could just mean that he has enough Haki to withstand Akainu's punch which would make this just a durability feat.

Just looking at the scan for the first part:

Why is it being interpreted that "High enough Ki to catch Akainu's attack" mean that he is "solidfying Akainu's intangibility" here? Magma is still a solid substance, and it could just mean that he has enough Haki to withstand Akainu's punch which would make this just a durability feat.
Contextualized it's clear that it's referring to his Logia intangibility relating to Shanks' Haki. We see several times how Akainu's magma acts against insufficient haki and it acts similar to logias like Crocodile's Suna Suna no Mi or Ace's Mera Mera no Mi, despite Magma actually being a solid substance.

Contextualized it's clear that it's referring to his Logia intangibility relating to Shanks' Haki. We see several times how Akainu's magma acts against insufficient haki and it acts similar to logias like Crocodile's Suna Suna no Mi or Ace's Mera Mera no Mi, despite Magma actually being a solid substance.
Was it ever actually stated that the only reason they failed to harm him was insufficient Haki? I don't think we've ever seen this kind of effect on any other Logia user, and an alternative explanation is that he could have shifted his body away from their strikes which would still fit in with him describing Haki users as a problem to deal with.

and an alternative explanation is that he could have shifted his body away from their strikes which would still fit in with him describing Haki users as a problem to deal with.
0574-013.png

Sfx confirms he got hit and the visible shaking around his body supports it as well
wham

1. used to express the sound of a forcible impact.
    "the bombs landed—wham!—right on target"
verb
  1. strike something forcefully.

Why is it being interpreted that "High enough Ki to catch Akainu's attack" mean that he is "solidfying Akainu's intangibility" here?
That statement is just for support to something that's explicitly shown... Marco and Vista used haki against akainu yet he was still intangible, with Whitebeard and Shanks their buso negated his intangabilty

Also with the shanks scan if akainu's attack wasn't solidified it wouldn't have stopped the attack in it's place and would've just phased around the sword

Last edited:
Well, I won't oppose the revision though I wish Oda would shed some more light of that particular interaction because I don't want to make assumptions about it.

I wish Oda would shed some more light of that particular interaction because I don't want to make assumptions about it.
I think this statement also confirms it (all the way at the bottom translation)

That their proficiency is important if both are haki users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back