• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Glass Cannon Brackets: Round 5 Homeless Emperor vs Big Smoke

Also it's not like his sphere just canceled out a regular bullet, it was a 8-B tier weapon. Realistically Homeless's spheres would just melt through all Smoke's bullets and his gun. Since he has a form of attack that goes in a straight line like a beam.

He only needs to side step and point his finger. He's not in a ******* wheelchair. And again his spheres can protect him. So he dodges, avoids some bullets, a few come his way and are stopped by his passive defenses and then Big Smoke gets nuked by a massive AoE.

You can't just sidestep what is essentially spread fire, the spheres don't cover much of his body, so he will almost definitely get shot, which will kill him to his dura. He will be on defense too much of the time to attack before dying, the best you can hope for is an incon.

How does Smoke have all the time in the world to empty his full clip somehow but Homeless can't retaliate or even move in that time period. That doesn't make any sense.

00potato said:
You can't just sidestep what is essentially spread fire, the spheres don't cover much of his body, so he will almost definitely get shot, which will kill him to his dura. He will be on defense too much of the time to attack before dying, the best you can hope for is an incon.
Are you serious. What part of passive defenses do you not understand. And Homeless has spreadfire too. Your points are bunk. Homeless outranges, out AoEs, and out danmakus.

He can't retaliate while getting shot at without getting shot himself after smoke starts, it is a whole load of spread fire that he would need to protect himself from before firing himself, not likely to happen. The balls ain't that big so he isn't likely to block them, and he can't dodge bullets for obvious reasons.

Why do you think he can't retaliate and defend at the same time. They are PASSIVELY protecting him. He doesn't have to do anything to activate them. Have you even read the series you're debating? Because you clearly don't understand how his abilities work.

Range isn't an argument as they start in AK range, his passive defense won't save him from that much spread fire and the bullets are far faster then him so him blocking it isn't likely at all.

Buddy, you can't say "your points at bunk." Without actually disproving them.

You haven't proven jackshit. Just haha funny meme man FRA. Even if he does get hit at worst it will be a double down. The spheres explode and the AoE consumes him.

And why are the bullets far faster? I thought projectile speed was also equalized.

He is surrounded by the spheres. If one can move to protect him from a bullet without him even willing it, multiple can. Unless Smoke is some God tier marksman and I don't know about it I don't see why it would be guaranteed.

Is it? people seem mixed on that and the VS thread rules don't say much about it.

Also are your really strawmanning all of the arguments into a meme, are you joking or are you the joke because this is getting confusing. Also, the 10-B isn't surviving one or more 9-B shots (more likely multiple.) while attacking without dying, that is a stretch at best and an asspull at slightly less then best.

If smoke gets regular bullet speed but Homeless is equalized to Smoke's human level speed then HE gets his regular sphere speed and then it's really over. lol That wouldn't be fair to Smoke at all.

Wait have you been arguing from the perspective that both Homeless and his spheres are equalized to Smoke's human level but not his gun? If so your arguments immediately make far more sense than I assumed but I don't think it works that way. And if it does work that way then that's a pretty unfair rule to uses for a character like that.

I believe that's what he is saying. The rules on speed equal if very weird, from what I've been told, specified speeds (like a speed of light attack) are not equal. Since people tend to use projectiles they are as fast as or tag people within their range of speed. This doesn't become an issue until fights like these where Smike doesn't have the reaction time to avoid his gun.

I'm pretty sure speed gets equalized to the lower of the two speeds between the characters. I'm not quite sure, however. It might just mean that their combat speed is equal, but that other speeds that surpass their usual speed also do so by a proportionate amount when equalized to a higher/lower speed.

I also have to ask the question, can the bullets pierce through the orbs? Energy of that sort isn't something that typically has a physical interaction.

And if it does have such a physical interaction, is there a reason why the bullets wouldn't cause the spheres to explode?

It could not pierce. Technically it could if it was strong enough. But this is a wall level bullet vs a City level orb. It's not piercing period

Buttersamuri said:
It could not pierce. Technically it could if it was strong enough. But this is a wall level bullet vs a City level orb. It's not piercing period
But he still needs to block against a whole clip of them without getting hit once, they will do more then pierce the man himself.

His 9-B bullets cannot bypass a 7-B energy orb explosion who was shown to vaporize and no-sell 8-B bullets from Zombieman.

Speed is equalized here, so he can react to the shots. While Big smoke has a higher fire rate, a single explosion can cover enough area to fully defend his entire body (as seen in the scans) and he can spam said explosions until they cover multiple rooms in AOE.

I'm voting zombieman here.

But he still needs to block against a whole clip of them without getting hit once, they will do more then pierce the man himself.

Well yea. I wasn't saying he could. I'm just saying it's not piercing a sphere

He literally blocks bullets, he can block bullets with his power, why are you all voting for the guy who fights with bullets

Armorchompy said:
He literally blocks bullets, he can block bullets with his power, why are you all voting for the guy who fights with bullets
Smoke has a baseball bat. So, he has an answer to HE's bullets immunity.

Armorchompy said:
Because they're literally not looking at the arguments. They just FRA'd the funny meme man.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Armorchompy said:
Smoke has a baseball bat. So, he has an answer to HE's bullets immunity.
That's like saying that if someone is immune to getting punched poking him lightly with your pinky might work. He's not immune to bullets, he can block them, and he's certainly not gonna let a guy approach him with a baseball bat.

Buttersamuri said:
How far is the guys range? An AKA has hundreds of meters.
HIgher than his profile says, but he can deflect bullets and, if he knew he couldn't deflect automatic fire, make the orbs big enough for them to basically be shields, or make them explode, so range doesn't really matter.

Besides, you made them start in range of each other.

SBA, so range doesn't even matter tbh.

SBA means they start at the furthers persons range. So that matters very very much

Hold on, we're just at grace, not only that but we've debunked the arguments (well, the argument) made by those who voted Smoke.

Back