• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Buu’s profile should be altered to say he has endless energy. As stated by Toriyama, Buu doesn’t have any actual energy needs, and it’s stated pretty explicitly multiple times that Buu’s Ki doesn’t decrease whatsoever in fights. This is even true in the Super Manga, though this is also partially because he’s immune to Moro’s energy draining abilities. The only time any exception to this is when he fights his counterpart Buu. So I think his Stamina Rating should be changed to “Endless/Infinite, unless fighting another Buu.”

This goes for DBZ, DBS (Manga), and DBH Buu, but not Toei Buu, as Toei Vegito was capable of beating on him so hard/fast that Buu's regeneration seemingly couldn't compensate.

I dunno if it should be decided if this trait exists for all Majins. If we did say as such, it would affect characters like the Future Warrior (1) and Future Warrior (2).

Last edited:
As for the Toei Buu

One question, did Vegeta also make the same statement that he can be hurt/damaged if he fights another buu and did Goku likewise make the same statement that his ki doesn't drop?

Because Vegito being able to do that to him, could be an exception, not a norm, and basically a Vegito thing

As for the Toei Buu

One question, did Vegeta also make the same statement that he can be hurt/damaged if he fights another buu and did Goku likewise make the same statement that his ki doesn't drop?

Because Vegito being able to do that to him, could be an exception, not a norm, and basically a Vegito thing
I believe so.

Then Toei Buu should have it too, with Tori Vegito being able to bypass it imo
I mean, I’d agree if it was an actual hax ability, but this is stamina. You don’t “bypass” infinite stamina by punching hard unless you literally have the ability to reduce it via a power like in an RPG. It’s much more likely that Toei Buu just has near limitless energy compared to Canon Buu.

That, or you could say Buu’s regenerative display against Vegito has nothing to do with energy cost so much as Buu literally forgetting to regenerate his chest or something.

I mean, I’d agree if it was an actual hax ability, but this is stamina. You don’t “bypass” infinite stamina by punching hard unless you literally have the ability to reduce it via a power like in an RPG. It’s much more likely that Toei Buu just has near limitless energy compared to Canon Buu.

That, or you could say Buu’s regenerative display against Vegito has nothing to do with energy cost so much as Buu literally forgetting to regenerate his chest or something.
Or maybe it's that Vegetto has regeneration denial, since he mentions twice in the work that he can deny regeneration of immortal characters.

I mean Buu didn't actually get tired against Vegito tho, it's just that one moment that he apparently didn't regenerate, after that, he went back to regenerating. It's why I asked if the statement of him not having his ki dropped or the Buu/Buu damage effect was stated in Toei as well,

I may be misremembering, but was there any other moment he didn't regenerate after that?
It honestly seemed like a one off tbh, but I may be wrong

I mean Buu didn't actually get tired against Vegito tho, it's just that one moment that he apparently didn't regenerate, after that, he went back to regenerating. It's why I asked if the statement of him not having his ki dropped or the Buu/Buu damage effect was stated in Toei as well.
Yeah-Vegito explicitly states that Buu has taken so much damage that not even he can keep up and regenerate it all. (Episode 272). Which makes me think it's about the speed of regeneration more than it is regenerative energy, so I think we could apply it to Toei Buu.
I may be misremembering, but was there any other moment he didn't regenerate after that?
Not that I can think of. The episodes after is Vegito being absorbed, the Inside Buu mini-arc, and then the battle against Kid Buu. And there's no regenerative limit seen before this, either.
It honestly seemed like a one off tbh, but I may be wrong
I think it is, but I wanted to cover all my bases.

Yeah-Vegito explicitly states that Buu has taken so much damage that not even he can keep up and regenerate it all. (Episode 272). Which makes me think it's about the speed of regeneration more than it is regenerative energy, so I think we could apply it to Toei Buu.
So it's indeed a Vegito thing, his attacks were faster than Buu could regenerate, leaving gaps. He should be able to get it too
Not that I can think of. The episodes after is Vegito being absorbed, the Inside Buu mini-arc, and then the battle against Kid Buu. And there's no regenerative limit seen before this, either.
Then it's definitely not a stamina thing
I think it is, but I wanted to cover all my bases.
Yea I understand, but I believe there's enough for Toei to also get it too

This is fine.
Agreed, I actually thought it was already like thism
Yeah, Endless/Infinite energy thing is also similar to his healing factor. And while he is known for getting hungry or sleepy, that's got less to do with his Ki supply and more so how his mind works. In Kid Buu's case, those weaknesses don't even apply to him at all.
Could any of you open the profiles of all Majin Buu for this to apply?

Back