• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit of an odd one, seeing as the feat doesn't actually happen.

Priority: 2 - scales to the two main characters, and could result in an upgrade or at least a more secure justification to their current ranking.

Verse: Skulduggery Pleasant

Description: Darquesse states she could easily turn a whole city to dust.

"She rose off the ground, into the rained filled air, floating high above the cottage. She could see across the countryside from here, to the city in the distance. She wondered how easy it would be to turn that whole city to dust. Probably not that hard. Not if she focused."

A bit more information. The city she is referring to is Dublin, which has an area of 115 km2. This is Darquesse before she learns her telekinetic atomisation powers, so she'd be doing this through pure AP. Thus, how much force would it take to pulverise Dublin?

Assuming the explosion is a circle, the radius would be 6.1 kilometres. That would roughly be City level. However if you want a detailed calc of her pulverizing the city, I'm not an expert.

Guys, this isn't a place for scaling discussion. Make a thread for it and message the ones you want to bring in. Even talk about calcs themselves should be limited to make way for the requests, but this is completely unrelated.

ZERO7772 said:
https://******.is/watch/utawarerumono-itsuwari-no-kamen.xrz/k35kw6

^From 12:10 to 12:24

Priority: 2\3 (Will scale to most characters in the verse)

Verse Utawarerumono

Feat Descriptio: The character Oshutoru cutting part of what seems to be a mountain
Bumping this

I tend to interpret Reigniting a star as reviging it all energy spent over the eons of its aging. If it was simply made temporarily brighter, it would soon be dying again.

Specially since in this context it says that the population of the system is given a second chance at life.

If this feat is re-giving a star billions of years of energy, then it is High 4-C or 4-B.

Uhm...would that not just count as reality manipulation? I mean, just giving the star energy would not do anything. You have to recreate all the gases that a star expends, or?

If is some Energy Manipulation. Thor is fueling the star with so much newfounded energy that it ceases to be a dying star and becomes a bright yellow sun again.

It would be pretty far into the 4-B range.

The sun releases ~90 petatons of energy each second. There are 3.154e+7 seconds in a year. The sun is expected to live 9.6 billion years; halving that for a low-end, so 4.8 billion. 3.154e+7 * 4.8 bilion, or 1.51392e+20.

That is the number of seconds in 4.8 billion years. Now, multiplying that by the value we found earlier, we get 13.749724 megafoe.

This is a completely on-the-fly calc, btw.

Kepekley23 said:

The sun releases ~90 petatons of energy each second. There are 3.154e+7 seconds in a year. The sun is expected to live 9.6 billion years; halving that for a low-end, so 4.8 billion. 3.154e+7 * 4.8 bilion, or 1.51392e+20.

That is the number of seconds in 4.8 billion years. Now, multiplying that by the value we found earlier, we get 13.749724 megafoe.

I thought the energy the Sun produced in it's lifetime was only High 4-C?

I would like to suggest that the Danafor calculation be redone by adding some values, since in the original calculation the mountains were not calculated together with the Kingdom or the fact of being a pulverization, which would make a big difference.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...-_Feel_the_power_of_the_Dragon's_Sin_of_Wrath

"Notes: we have not yet included the mountain being destructed

we have also not yet included the different forms in our scan besides the rectangle"

Kepekley23 said:

Well using the same exact method as you I got different results.

According to Nasa the sun's output is 3.8e33 ergs/second.

3.154e+7 x 9.6e9 (I will use the full age for the sun) = 3.02784e17

3.8e33 x 3.02784e17 = 1.1505792e51

1 erg/second = 0.0206264806 joules.

1.1505792e51 x 0.0206264806 = 2.37323995e49 Joules or 237.323995 KiloFoe.

Good enough for me. However I'll wait for Endless Mike (if he answers at all).

Priority: 2 (Scales to top tiers)

Verse: One Piece

Feat: a recalc of this feat to get a solid number for whitebeard on our wiki. Whitebeard creates an earthquake that can be felt thousands of miles away, Obd calced this at 1.7 petatons.

Priority: 2/3

Verse: Marvel Comics

Description: Namor and Mar-Vell fly from sea to space in a few seconds to stop a bomb from polluting the sea

Timeframe: the time frame is less than a "few seconds" because that's how long they had to get the bomb into space before it blow up so its got to be less than 10 seconds

http://***************.to/Comic/The-Sub-Mariner/Issue-30?id=74096 (feat happens in the end of the comic)

KinkiestSins said:
Feat: a recalc of this feat to get a solid number for whitebeard on our wiki. Whitebeard creates an earthquake that can be felt thousands of miles away, Obd calced this at 1.7 petatons.
I'm not familiar with this verse but I think I recall this being rejected here on the grounds that they use total seismic energy or something. We have a policy of using radiated waves and not total seismic energy for cases such as this.

May be a calc group member could explain properly why exactly this was not accepted here?

Lightbuster30 said:
Priority 1/2 scales to Lucci, Luffy, and possibly other Enies Lobby characters
Verse One Piece

Feat Descriptio Luffy and Lucci tank an explosion from Enies Lobby by marine battleships.

I uh, I actually already calced it on another forum and got 957 Kilotons, but I was using nuclear explosions, so it is false. I do think however I got the height right. Needless to say, it would be nice to get a more accurate version.
Are you talking about this?

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/the-v...k-power-of-buster-call-class-warship-accepted

Feat/Description: Not related to a verse, just curious, how much energy would it take a character to destroy the entirety of Earth's atmosphere with their mere presence?

Priority: 4

The Feat:

Outside, the guns of the Dark Angels fleet pounded the planet, reducing the other monasteries to miles-wide craters, angry magma spewing from the wounds gouged into the planet's crust. Caliban's surface began to crack under the bombardment, and the fury of the Dark Angels blinded them to the devastation they were wreaking.
~ Dark Angels 8th Edition Codex​
Priority: 2 (Should scale to most Imperial Battleships)

Verse: Warhammer 40,000

Description: Dark Angels ships fire at the planet of Caliban, creating mile-wide craters which go all the way to its mantle layer, causing magma to spill into the surface.

Just bumping my Christmas-themed Calc Request. Hope that's okay.

• Priority: I'd assume 3 or 4. (The feat's done by minor characters. The main character would probably scale to it, although he wasn't involved in the feat. I don't know if it would upgrade.)
  • Name of the Verse/Character: Milo Murphy's Law
  • Feat Description: The titular hereditary conditio causes a global blackout/power outage when, at a Christmas family gathering, some presumable Murphys try to power on the house's Christmas lights.
Sorry about all the words. Here's a video link. Direct video link to that site's video.

I apologize if those links are unsafe or unacceptable. If they are dangerous, please remove them. I wasn't sure where to find alternate sources.

Feat starts at around 1:46 into the video. At about 1:35 if you wanna see both flashbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back