• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Gilgamesh,Saber etc resist time stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, is there any feat of resiting Time manipulation (Slow, Stop whtaver) in the first place?

Slow, I feel like their was one servant who was able to do so that I can't remember.

Stop? Never.

I don't remember any servant being able to slow time and even then, did they resist its effect (Time manip)?

Eh, guess we will have to wait

Goetia never used Time Slow so that is out.

Him reversing time? I do believe he needed some time though, but i don't remember much about that, so i will wait for the others.

Time Alter is a slow, not Stop.

That said, I do remember space Time resistance was accepted for Gil especially around Ea so I don't know what happened to it

That Time resistance for base Gilgamesh comes from this : "Is unaffected by the space-time dislocation created through the use of Enuma Elish.

But it's not time slow or time stop or anything

Like i said, did he resist time slow or anything? that attacks just dislocates space-time.

Actually, if you manage to resist space Time, you can resist full on time Manipulation as well as I was told by quite a few people.

Also, again, John mentioned how Kiritsugu can't use time alter, which is time slow, near him.

I asked Prom, Repp and Scarlet to comment.

If you know others interested in fate link them this thread.

General, fairly low-level resistance to Space-Time Manipulation does not equal resistance to Time Stop.

Time Stop has never been shown within the Nasuverse. It's hard to judge how it'd interact with Magic Resistance. I'd err on the side of caution and just go with it being True Magic.

Time Travel falls under True Magic, but it doesn't mention Time Stop. Time Stop should fall under Time Manipulation, a category of concepts that are hard to achieve, but still aren't True Magic. Effects achievable through the use of Command Spells, for example, also belong in that category, and Command Spells can be resisted.

Basically, to my knowledge, there is nothing indicating that Time Stop wouldn't be included in "Time Manipulation" or that it should be considered True Magic. I definitely wouldn't put something at a higher level based on lack of evidence.

As Promestein said, it would be better to err on the side of caution and say that it's True Magic since true Time Stops have never really been used in the Nasuverse.

Thus Time Stop would bypass Saber's, Gil's, and Rider's Pegasus's Magic Resistance.

That said, I don't know this would interact with Ruler's Magic Resistance, since her version of Magic Resistance is basically "Magic slides off me and never hurts me. Even if you hit me with a bombing raid of magic, everything but me would be destroyed."

I mean if time stop was never used we could as well assume it's simply that hard to achieve. That said its just an assumption.

Has ruler resisted any type of true magic? Or is she simply that much superior to likes of Gilgamesh and his armor resistance?

She's simply that much superior, her magic resistance is insane.

That said, since we've figured this out, and the removal thread takes ages, can someone remove Astolfo vs Esdeath that was under the assumption Time Stop would be negated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back