• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Luffy bypass infinity? (Luffy vs Gojo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vs

Last edited:
No idea tbh, does he have gear 5 have any abilities without travel time or that could negate infinity? I only recall the whole “turn stuff to rubber with contact”

Well to look at the ability:
To quote everything that Luffy has
All previous abilities to a greater extent, plus:

Nothing Luffy has listed, even Subjective Reality, would allow him to bypass spatial or mathematics manipulation because he's never showcased the ability to have infinite range or to overcome spatial control of that scale. So to answer your question, in a VSBW match Luffy would not be able to bypass infinity to the best of my knowledge.

Nothing Luffy has listed, even Subjective Reality, would allow him to bypass spatial or mathematics manipulation because he's never showcased the ability to have infinite range or to overcome spatial control of that scale. So to answer your question, in a VSBW match Luffy would not be able to bypass infinity to the best of my knowledge.
Can a 2-C character affect Gojo or negate his ability?

could Luffy Blitz Gojo if speed is not equal?

Luffy can break the laws of physics in Gear 5.

Space is a physical phenomenon.

Luffy can break through the laws of space and punch Gojo in the face, and with the massive stat differences between the two, Luffy would blow him apart and win.

Probably depends on how we treat his Toon Force and Reality Warping. Anyone who manipulates or cuts space pretty much overcomes Infinity. Sukuna doesn't have "Infinite range with World Slash" in his profile, so you don't need infinite range to bypass Infinity. Thus if Luffy's abilities extend to manipulating space, then I think maybe.

I mean luffy has affected people he isn't physically touching with gear 5 like making their eyes popping out

And has defined physics and space by being to float and run on air

if luffy can do that, then luffy's punch can do the same and defy the function of Gojos infinity which is something that follows reality/physics
Soo yee, Gear 5's warping of reality definitely would be able to hit gojo and bypass his infinity.

Last edited:
Sukuna doesn't have "Infinite range with World Slash" in his profile, so you don't need infinite range to bypass Infinity.
Infinity works by manipulating space by constantly halfing an attack before it reaches him. It has a range of effect, but the depth of that range requires spatial manipulation, universal AoE or infinite speed to bypass.

I mean luffy has affected people he isn't physically touching with gear 5 like making their eyes popping out

And has defined physics and space by being to float and run on air
Neither one of those things showcase Luffy manipulating mathematics or spatial elements. So no, I don't see either aspect of that power letting him bypass Infinity.
Soo yee, Gear 5's warping of reality definitely would be able to hit gojo and bypass his infinity.
It would not, as you would have to demonstrate that Luffy's power allows him to distort spatial or mathematical aspects. Neither of which are listed or shown on the profile.

It would not, as you would have to demonstrate that Luffy's power allows him to distort spatial or mathematical aspects. Neither of which are listed or shown on the profile.
I would not need to, as gojo infinity doesn't work on literally everything... How it works is by first automatically detecting the objects and some are too hard for him to detect like toxins which bypasses his infinity since he has yet to learn to be able detect that

His detection isn't going to work on something that defines reality, it's you who would have to prove that it can...
Neither one of those things showcase Luffy manipulating mathematics or spatial elements. So no, I don't see either aspect of that power letting him bypass Infinity.
I've never said luffy is going to destroy space/infinity itself, I've said that it bypasses it since he defies physics making infinity or gojo unable to detect it

This is one of those where if Gojo was in One Piece I could definitely see something like G5 Luffy grabbing Infinity and throwing it away comedically, but if it was in JJK Gojo would just stand there and Luffy would comedically try to hit him but fail, eyes popping out and all.

Based on the Wiki, unless Luffy can knock him out with a basic Hao burst then I don't see what he can do.

would not need to, as gojo infinity doesn't work on literally everything... How it works is by first automatically detecting the objects and some are too hard for him to detect like toxins
According to his page that's his passive danger detection and it automatically stopping things without him noticing. Which is why toxins are hard to detect for him at the moment. Luffy punching or striking him is a different scenario.

I've never said luffy is going to destroy space/infinity itself
To bypass Infinity he needs to have spatial or mathematics manipulation. He has neither (so far) so he can't bypass it.

I see a lot of people here somehow ignoring NLF to assume Toon Force and reality warp can do things that he has never shown, as far as I know that's not allowed.
Yes, people forget that the character can do what the feats demonstrated.

And apparently the feat that breaks Luffy's physics is moving in the air. Would need more for something like ignoring spatial/mathematical manipulation.

Last edited:
According to his page that's his passive danger detection and it automatically stopping things without him noticing. Which is why toxins are hard to detect for him at the moment. Luffy punching or striking him is a different scenario.

To bypass Infinity he needs to have spatial or mathematics manipulation. He has neither (so far) so he can't bypass it.
Then sure let's even say anything get blocked by infinity, even light itself... Luffy is able to imagine objects into reality, he'll be able to imagine and create a bomb inside infinity and explode gojo that way, bypassing infinity

Gojo can manipulate space can he manipulate the space inside Luffy's body and destroy Luffy from the inside out?
Again NLF exists.
what are you even talking about? What I said had nothing to do with NLF, luffy can create whatever object he imagines into reality, Gojo isn't even stated to be able to manipulate space in whatever way he wishes... That's not even comparable

Even if let's say he could do that, either haki is negating it or luffy just stretches or puts all the damages back in place

what are you even talking about? What I said had nothing to do with NLF, luffy can create whatever object he imagines into reality, Gojo isn't even stated to be able to manipulate space in whatever way he wishes... That's not even comparable
It's exacly what you doing, you assuming he can do anything just because he hasn't shown a limit that's pure NLF, he is capable of creating the objects he shown to be able to, and he created objects in direct contact with him or around him not a specific area, might as well just say that he creates a Bat inside Gojo's heart because a bat he at least shown to be able to create.

It's exacly what you doing, you assuming he can do anything just because he hasn't shown a limit that's pure NLF, he is capable of creating the objects he shown to be able to, and he created objects in direct contact with him or around him not a specific area, might as well just say that he creates a Bat inside Gojo's heart because a bat he at least shown to be able to create.
It would be NLF to say luffy just wishes away his existence... Something he hasn't shown or stated to be able to do... Everything I've said is something luffy has shown or stated to be able to do so no... Stop misconstruing what I've said

The bucket literally spawned mid air

Even the stars spawn in mid air

It would be NLF to say luffy just wishes away his existence... Something he hasn't shown or stated to be able to do... Everything I've said is something luffy has shown or stated to be able to do so no... Stop misconstruing what I've said
That's not how it works did you read the NLF on the wiki? The example used it's Itachi's Tsukyomi being able to work on everyone, it's not just about using in ways many levels of powers above what one is capable of.
He was never stated to be capable of just creating bombs or create objects on specific locations, so yes you are giving things he never shown to be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back