• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can this feat be quantified?

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
In American Gods Season 1 Episode 8, "Come to Jesus", the goddess Easter removes spring from America, making it so that every plant life across the entire country spontaneously shrivels up and dies. Every grass, flower, bush and tree.

Would it be possible to quantify this feat in any way?

Idk sounds like hax to me, not really hax but more of a massive range feat of plant manipulation, don't know if you can quantify making plants die.

Well, Chaos Theory from the OBD managed to quantify a feat of rotting the earth, so I assume you would go about it in a similar way.

The "Earth Rotting" calc Chaos did was just Lich fragmenting the continents of the World, not actually making it "die" per say. Like Celestial said, this is just good hax and range.

Removing Spring could yield high end Tier 7 results but I dunno how to quantify it.

It's certainly more impressive than the feats the characters are currently being ranked as, i.e storm creation.

Though given that Wednesday also did a quantifiable on-screen storm on Episode 8, that could also be calculated. He moves the clouds at pretty fast speeds.

The clip is prolly not on youtube. I would probably have to look for the series online.

I can take screenshots, tho.

Speaking of clouds, is there a common ball park number or whatever to determine feats like blowing away clouds? I usually see such feats turn out to be like small city level, interested cause i have a feat of someone blowing away all the surrounding clouds in an area, but thing is it's a light novel so there is no way to actually see the feat.

Hmm, all it says is the attack gouged away the earth and blew away all the clouds in the area, the attack was due to compressing space and then releasing it.

They were fighting basically on a city wall, at the capital of the city, well more like one of them was on the wall and the either on a flying dragon in the air, i put down some notes, the walls from another city were 20m high and 2000km long.

No, here is the dialougue if you want:

"ÒÇî--- Laws of the world tremble, The giant's hammer descends, The Dragon Emperor cries, The army marches, None will meet the world, Tremors gather, Bring about the screams, Oh sighing God! Oh Grieving God! You, Crush and bring despair! "Divine Shattering!"ÒÇì

The surrounding space rumbled intensely, and a sound deeper than a moaning belly could be heard, as if the world itself was screaming.

ÒÇîMu!ÒÇì Yue grew more cautious and thought through her magic knowledge, immediately thinking of a defense. The blast range of this magic would be too large to evade, and the average defense would be broken in an instant. She stopped the Five Divine Dragons and the gravity ball and immediately constructed Space Magic. She had no room to spare on other magic. The moment Yue used her Space Magic, space shrunk for an instant, causing a powerful explosion. Space itself had exploded. Without a doubt, it was a powerful attack, as even the gray dragons and remaining ground troops were obliterated in an instant. It gouged away the earth and blew away all clouds in the area. ---

Space Magic, "Divine Shattering." It forcefully compressed space, causing an extremely powerful impact as the compressed space was released. ÒÇî... Mm, as expected... of Age of Gods Magic.ÒÇì Still, Yue had survived despite being at the center of the impact. Her clothes were torn, and blood dripped from her mouth; some of her organs had likely been damaged. However, given the impact, her wounds were light. Those, too, healed quickly. Normally, the attack would wipe away everything away without a trace... Yue, however, had used the Space Magic, "Thousand Judgments" before "Divine Shattering" had activated. She had used this Space Magic which could bind and restore space."

I guess since it said the the attack was too large to avoid we can assume it takes up at least 100m since yue as been shown to be able to teleport 100m away.

@Darkanine

Here are screenshots:

First, how the environment was before the storm.

BeforeStorm2
BeforeStorm4
As you can see, all the way to the horizon the sky was blue, only a few mild clouds.

The feat starts at this timeframe:

ScreenshotAG1
51:32. You can see the heavy clouds beginning to approach in the distance.

Screenshots of the clouds approaching:

ScreenshotAG2
Screenshot3
By 52:29, the sky is 100% covered in the thunderstorm.

ScreenshotAG4
Also this means that the storm covered all the way to the horizon in a 360 degree angle. Pretty big stuff.

There's also Easter dispersing the storm, which happens in a faster timeframe of about 30 seconds, possibly less since the scene has a lot of slow-motion.

Here's Easter's feat:

ScreenshotEaster1
Starts dispersing the storm at 54:28.

ScreenshotEaster2
Storm being displaced.

ScreenshotEaster3
By 55:17, the storm is completely displaced and she starts doing her second feat of killing spring.

However, the entire scene is full of slow-motion shots of her hair flowing in the wind, of flowers and of characters reacting to the feat, and it is possible that the clouds were already fully-displaced much earlier.

Which is why it would be best to look at the scene in motion and get more accurate speeds.

Back