• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Canonical Super Smash Bros Tier List: The Revival

The last thread died, so time to remake it.

Rules / Assumptions

• Characters that are alternate costumes of fighters will count as their own fighter.
    • Ex: Alph, Zombie, Enderman, etc.
  • Only use the ratings and abilities accepted on the Wiki. (Ratings / Abilities will be allowed if they have been accepted, even if they're not on the profile)
  • Characters are ordered within the tier list.
  • There will be two separate categories, both with two sub-categories, that being speed equal, and unequal.
    • First category uses the strongest canon versions of the fighter(s).
      • Fighters who are the same character will be composited under one fighter.
        • Ex: ZSS and Samus, Dr. Mario and Mario, Mii Fighters, etc.
    • Second category uses the versions of the fighter(s) that appear in Smash. The Fighters will only have the equipment they have been shown to have in Smash.
      • If the character transforms / power-ups into a stronger state via their Final Smash, then they will be listed separately. (ex: Base Sonic, and Super Sonic)
  • sans

Roster List (By Series)​

Using the Strongest Canon Versions​

Tier List (Speed Equalized) (Tier List 1)​

SS Tier

Joker

S Tier

Dark Samus

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

E Tier

F Tier

Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Alph, R.O.B

Tier List (Speed Unequalized) (Tier List 2)​

SS Tier

Joker

S Tier

Dark Samus

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

E Tier

F Tier

Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Alph, R.O.B

Using the Versions that Appear in Smash​

Tier List (Speed Equalized) (Tier List 3)​

SS Tier

Joker

S Tier

Dark Samus

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

E Tier

Wii Fit Trainer

F Tier

Duck Hunt Duo, Olimar, Alph, R.O.B

Tier List (Speed Unequalized) (Tier List 4)​

SS Tier

Joker

S Tier

Dark Samus

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

E Tier

Fox/Falco/Wolf, Inkling, Giga Mac/Little Mac/Ice Climbers/Piranha Plant, Villager, Terry Bogard, Isabelle, Mii, Wii Fit Trainer

F Tier

Duck Hunt Duo, Olimar, Alph, R.O.B

Last edited:
Question, what about characters who appear in other games within their series that exceed the original's level of power? For example most Fire Emblem games cap out around Tier 7 or 6, but Fire Emblem Heroes and Warriors have many of those same characters fighting against beings who have Tier 2 feats?

Depends on if said games are canon. In the case of Fire Emblem Heroes, it would count, since it’s been accepted as canon, and the profiles are currently only separated for the sake of organization

Fair enough. In that case the God Tiers are easy to figure out.

Joker at the Top

then after that comes Shulk > Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma >= Sora for the Low 1-C's (Sora fought Shulk twice and lost both times)

Then come the 2-A's which at the top would be Cloud & Sephiroth (Their strongest versions are Dissidia) > Bayonetta > Fire Emblem 2-A's

For the 2-B's Sonic Reigns Supreme > Ness with his Abstract Existence and Omnipresence > The Mario Top Tiers

2-C is ruled by the Belmonts > Kirby Crew > Hero (Dragon Quest)

Last edited:
Depends on if said games are canon. In the case of Fire Emblem Heroes, it would count, since it’s been accepted as canon, and the profiles are currently only separated for the sake of organization
wait really? FE characters are just straight up 2-A? (also didnt low 1-C get accepted?)

The strongest canon version of the fighter(s) will be used.
Eh not sure I'm entirely a fan of this rule, since there's apparently gonna be two different tier lists to represent if speed is equalized or not I'd like if we could try also making another tier list based on the versions that are used in Smash Bros (So basically all the Mario characters just get their base stats, Ganondorf wouldn't have the complete Triforce, Cloud and Sephiroth don't get dissidia stuff, etc...).

Eh not sure I'm entirely a fan of this rule, since there's apparently gonna be two different tier lists to represent if speed is equalized or not I'd like if we could try also making another tier list based on the versions that are used in Smash Bros (So basically all the Mario characters just get their base stats, Ganondorf wouldn't have the complete Triforce, Cloud and Sephiroth don't get dissidia stuff, etc...).
I mean, sure. Joker still sweeps though

All the characters who aren't superior to normal humans should be at the very bottom.

Wii Fit Trainer (They're just a normal, in shape human afaik), Duck Hunt Duo (Just a dog and duck), R.O.B (Is just a toy that even a small child could destroy), Olimar (Dude has the size and strength of an insect, although I guess in the tier list for characters at their canonical peak he's got his rocket which is star level iirc, although not sure how high that'd put him up since it's just a single weapon that he might not even just blast out on a whim).

Oh nvm about Wii Fit Trainer they're apparently wall level due to being comparable to Miis so they ain't normal human level like I thought they were. The bottom of the barrel for the tier lists would be:

• Olimar: Can output and survive a whopping 22.6 joules, lift up an immense weight of 2.2 grams, and move at a staggering 22.5 centimeters per second. Yeah he's below average human level in every stat to nobodies surprise. In terms of abilities he's kinda decent at hand-to-hand combat, purification, limited petrification, speed boosting, and explosion manipulation, and he has a resistance to fire and electricity. Plus there's also his legion of pikmin which have control over fire and electricity, inflict poison, and fly. Needless to say none of these abilities even remotely make up for the massive stat disadvantage he has against... everyone. He'd get one shot by accident by just about anyone and in speed unequalized he also gets blitzed.
  • Duck Hunt Duo: Just a dog and a duck. But due to the sheer size and power advantage over olimar (And speed in the unequalized tier list) they should probably be above him.
  • R.O.B: Just a toy. Can't do anything by himself so even Olimar could beat him. Can't think of anyone in the entire roster that would be placed below him he should be the absolute weakest in every tier list)

These are pretty objectively the bottom 3 of the roster, the weakest characters besides them are wall level and these 3 don't possess any notable speed or abilities that make for the massive strength advantage everyone else has over them. Duck Hunt Duo and R.O.B remain the weakest in all the tier lists we're doing but Olimar does get to jump up due to the S.S. Dolphin in the strongest canon version tier list.

hasnt dissidia been accepted as cannon?

Yeah I ain't questioning Dissidia being canon, it's perfectly fine for it to be used in the versions of the tier list where characters are at their canon peak.

Oh nvm about Wii Fit Trainer they're apparently wall level due to being comparable to Miis so they ain't normal human level like I thought they were. The bottom of the barrel for the tier lists would be:

• Olimar: Can output and survive a whopping 22.6 joules, lift up an immense weight of 2.2 grams, and move at a staggering 22.5 centimeters per second. Yeah he's below average human level in every stat to nobodies surprise. In terms of abilities he's kinda decent at hand-to-hand combat, purification, limited petrification, speed boosting, and explosion manipulation, and he has a resistance to fire and electricity. Plus there's also his legion of pikmin which have control over fire and electricity, inflict poison, and fly. Needless to say none of these abilities even remotely make up for the massive stat disadvantage he has against... everyone. He'd get one shot by accident by just about anyone and in speed unequalized he also gets blitzed.
  • Duck Hunt Duo: Just a dog and a duck. But due to the sheer size and power advantage over olimar (And speed in the unequalized tier list) they should probably be above him.
  • R.O.B: Just a toy. Can't do anything by himself so even Olimar could beat him. Can't think of anyone in the entire roster that would be placed below him he should be the absolute weakest in every tier list)

These are pretty objectively the bottom 3 of the roster, the weakest characters besides them are wall level and these 3 don't possess any notable speed or abilities that make for the massive strength advantage everyone else has over them. Duck Hunt Duo and R.O.B remain the weakest in all the tier lists we're doing but Olimar does get to jump up due to the S.S. Dolphin in the strongest canon version tier list.
Duck Hunt can survive being shot in the head, if that means anything

Huh, so he can. Guess the dog from Duck Hunt is more durable than I gave it credit for but it doesn't do much to get him out of the bottom 3.

Yeah looks like Bayonetta is gonna be higher on the tier list than she already is if those upgrades go through.

Anyway moving onto the E Tier, I think Wii Fit Trainer can be bumped up into that tier since they're apparently wall level according to the profile (Still can't get over that, always assumed their profile capped at 10-B or maybe 10-A). Little Mac and Villager should also be in this tier since they're both also wall level, although I'm not entirely sure who'd be higher on the speed unequal list since while Villager is significantly stronger than Little Mac (They're roughly 42 times stronger) but speed is a completely different story (Little Mac is at least 11 times faster assuming Villager is at the peak of average human speed) but given the time hax Villager has I'd put them above Mac. Both rank higher than Wii Fit since they're about half as strong as Little Mac, have inferior lifting strength and both Mac and Villager, and slower than Little Mac (She's faster the Villager but nowhere near to the point that it makes up for the strength gap).

And Isabelle is on par with Villager in strength, def ranks below since she has none of the time hax he does but in speed unequal I'm not sure if she'd be above or below Little Mac, absolutely above Wii Fit Trainer. Inkling should rank higher than all of these dudes, they're almost 3 times stronger than Villager and they're a little bit faster than Little Mac so raw stats they're easily the top, Villager has time hax to rewind time but they likely won't pull it off due to getting blitzed first.

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are tricky (When outside their vehicles, they'd obviously rank way higher in them), because of how awful all the Starfox pages are they're all wall level with no calcs so we can only assume they're baseline but they have 9-A weapons (Although again with no calc so assuming baseline) and somehow Building level durability (Which uh oh, no calc yet again. Seriously the entire verse needs a major overhaul) and Supersonic reactions (Although at least this one kinda makes sense). Fox has kinda decent abilities but nothing really noteworthy, I guess no matter what they'd still rank below Inklings to the latters better abilities, greater strength and they carry a weapon that's City level (Which I'm pretty sure is the same weapon used for their final smash so it counts even in the tier list ranking the characters as they appear in smash) so even the super sus durability ratings the Starfox characters have gets negged by Inkling. I guess they're above Little Mac and Villager as well due to a massive speed advantage and AP advantage with weapons (As well as being too durable to get hurt by them).

I guess the overall ranking for E Tier would be Inklings, Fox, Wolf or Falco (They're interchangeable I guess), Villager, Isabelle, Little Mac, and then Wii Fit Trainer at the bottom

Little Mac and Isabelle could be swapped in speed unequalized but I'm not sure the 11 times (Or more) speed advantage makes up for the 42x gap in power.

Also what do we do for Mr. Game & Watch? He's technically a smash original character since all the characters from the Game & Watch series are different people and for Smash they just took all those different people and blended them together into a single thing.

Oh shit forgot about Terry, in terms of AP he's about 2,800,000 joules so he's in between the two, and he has superior to lifting strength to both of them. He's Superhuman in speed so still several times slower than Little Mac but decently faster than Villager. I say we put him right below Villager (If it wasn't for the time hax I'd argue for him to rank above Villager).

Little Mac significantly upscales from his calc, since Don Flamenco did it in a very casual punch, and Little Mac defeated Don Flamenco. Also, he has his star punches, which can deal up to 9x damage on top of that.

I think for the speed equal list I'll put Villager above Little Mac, and Isabelle below Little Mac. With speed unequal, Little Mac significantly upscales, has star punches, blitzes, and outskills the two.

I think Piranha plant would also fit somwhere on the tier, since they're kinda immobile, and don't have very high speed.

Other than that, the rest seem legit.

Though, I'm not sure whether to put Giga Mac above or below Villager.

Also what do we do for Mr. Game & Watch? He's technically a smash original character since all the characters from the Game & Watch series are different people and for Smash they just took all those different people and blended them together into a single thing.
I'd say just composite the ones we see in smash except for the Octopus, which we will rate separately.

Little Mac significantly upscales from his calc, since Don Flamenco did it in a very casual punch, and Little Mac defeated Don Flamenco. Also, he has his star punches, which can deal up to 9x damage on top of that.

I think for the speed equal list I'll put Villager above Little Mac, and Isabelle below Little Mac. With speed unequal, Little Mac significantly upscales, has star punches, blitzes, and outskills the two.
Well if the Star Punch does 9 times the damage then I can see Little Mac ranking above Isabelle and Villager, the gap in AP is still too big for him to be equal but given his speed and the fact that he upscales from Don Flamenco anyway I think he'd take them with superior speed and skill, one star punch won't do too much but eventually he should wear them down

I think Piranha plant would also fit somwhere on the tier, since they're kinda immobile, and don't have very high speed.

Kinda tricky since we don't have a profile for Piranha Plants but I know in terms of stats it'd be Building level with Superhuman combat speed and reactions like the rest of the fodder in Mario, so in raw power they dunk on everyone else in the lower tiers and aren't too shabby in speed either (Although I think they're only baseline superhuman), don't think they're all immobile since baby versions walk around on their leaf feet and some adults of the species can walk, the first couple of Mario Party games show them strolling around.

Though, I'm not sure whether to put Giga Mac above or below Villager.
How much of a boost is Giga Mac from his normal state?

I'd say just composite the ones we see in smash except for the Octopus, which we will rate separately.
Yeah that works.

Also I just noticed the Ice Climbers are apparently Building level with Superhuman speed (Weird and lacking justifications but it's what we're stuck with for now), so I guess they're pretty high up in these bottom tiers as well thanks to that AP.

From what I see

Strongest versions:

Tier 1: Joker > Sora > Pokemon Trainer (Assuming composite MC cuz PT' is not in the game. Can catch Arceus) > Shulk/Pyra/Mythra

Tier 2: Bayonetta > Sephiroth/Cloud > Sonic = Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Daisy > Ness > Kirby/Dedede/Meta Knight > Simon/Richter

Tier 3: Mewtwo > Ganon > Yoshi/DK/Wario/Bowser Jr./Diddy Kong > Samus

Tier 4: Young Link > Olimar (Ship) > Dark Samus

Tier 5: Mega Man > Ridley

Tier 6: Ike > Fox (Vehicles) > Pit > Palutena/Dark Pit > King K. Rool > Marth/Robin/Chrom/Byleth > Link/Toon Link > Zelda/Sheik > Pikachu/Greninja/Lucario > Kazuya

Tier 7: Charizard = Incineroar > Ryu > Corrin > Pac-Man > Ivysaur = Jigglypuff > Lucas > Lucina > Banjo

Tier 8: Ken > Steve > Snake > Roy > G&W > Min Min > Squirtle = Pichu > Ice Climbers

Tier 9: Fox/Falco/Wolf (by themselves) > Inklings > Villager/Marie > Terry > Little Mac > Miis/WiiFit Trainer

Tier 10: Captain Falcon > Duck Hunt Duo > Olimar/Alph (by themselves)

Unknown: R.O.B

Last edited:
Well if the Star Punch does 9 times the damage then I can see Little Mac ranking above Isabelle and Villager, the gap in AP is still too big for him to be equal but given his speed and the fact that he upscales from Don Flamenco anyway I think he'd take them with superior speed and skill, one star punch won't do too much but eventually he should wear them down
Yeah but that's only with speed unequal. With speed equal, Villager wins cause of time hax + AP. ngl I have no idea how his time hax works
Kinda tricky since we don't have a profile for Piranha Plants but I know in terms of stats it'd be Building level with Superhuman combat speed and reactions like the rest of the fodder in Mario, so in raw power they dunk on everyone else in the lower tiers and aren't too shabby in speed either (Although I think they're only baseline superhuman), don't think they're all immobile since baby versions walk around on their leaf feet and some adults of the species can walk, the first couple of Mario Party games show them strolling around.
I might just put them somewhere in E tier then for the speed unequal tier list
How much of a boost is Giga Mac from his normal state?
There isn't a specific value, it just makes him a lot stronger than before. Though I doubt it changes his ranking that much anyways
Also I just noticed the Ice Climbers are apparently Building level with Superhuman speed (Weird and lacking justifications but it's what we're stuck with for now), so I guess they're pretty high up in these bottom tiers as well thanks to that AP.
I actually calculated the Polar Bear's feat as 8-B at one point, but I lost the calc

From what I see

Strongest versions:

Tier 1: Joker > Sora > Pokemon Trainer (Assuming composite MC cuz PT' is not in the game. Can catch Arceus) > Shulk/Pyra/Mythra

Tier 2: Bayonetta > Sephiroth/Cloud > Sonic = Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Daisy > Ness > Kirby/Dedede/Meta Knight > Simon/Richter

Tier 3: Mewtwo > Ganon > Yoshi/DK/Wario/Bowser Jr./Diddy Kong > Samus

Tier 4: Young Link > Olimar (Ship) > Dark Samus

Tier 5: Mega Man > Ridley

Tier 6: Ike > Fox (Vehicles) > Pit > Palutena/Dark Pit > King K. Rool > Marth/Robin/Chrom/Byleth > Link/Toon Link > Zelda/Sheik > Pikachu/Greninja/Lucario > Kazuya

Tier 7: Charizard = Incineroar > Ryu > Corrin > Pac-Man > Ivysaur = Jigglypuff > Lucas > Lucina > Banjo

Tier 8: Ken > Steve > Snake > Roy > G&W > Min Min > Squirtle = Pichu > Ice Climbers

Tier 9: Fox/Falco/Wolf (by themselves) > Inklings > Villager/Marie > Terry > Little Mac > Miis/WiiFit Trainer

Tier 10: Captain Falcon > Duck Hunt Duo > Olimar/Alph (by themselves)

Unknown: R.O.B
Is this just for AP?

Yeah but that's only with speed unequal. With speed equal, Villager wins cause of time hax + AP. ngl I have no idea how his time hax works
Yup, I'll be honest I don't entirely know how it works either but time manipulation is something they can just whip out without any drawbacks

I might just put them somewhere in E tier then for the speed unequal tier list
I think upper E tier seems good for him

There isn't a specific value, it just makes him a lot stronger than before. Though I doubt it changes his ranking that much anyways
Fair

I actually calculated the Polar Bear's feat as 8-B at one point, but I lost the calc
Hol' up we need 8-B Ice Climbers so we can put them in D tier

I've decided to put Ice Climbers, and Piranha Plant tied with Little Mac on the 4th Tier list. While Little Mac can't harm either of them, both of them are too slow to keep up with Little Mac.

Back