• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain America vs Edward Cullen | Vampire meet Super Soldier

Does Edward use his mind reading in combat? If so, then he can read Captain America's moves and there's not much he can do unless Capt manages to become unpredictable. Captain America is a vastly superior fighter, and would take the fight otherwise, as Edward is very much unskilled compared to him IIRC. It also helps that Captain America has some level of Regenerationn, though it's very small advantage.

He can read the thoughts of the people around him IIRC, although I don't know if he can use it in combat or not.

Mind reading is combat applicable. In the books, Eddie is able to use his mind reading to match Jasper, another vampire who has been in so much combat he's virtually covered in bite scars from head to toe, as well as having participated in at least one 'vampire war'. Edward holds even, despite Edward himself having very little practical combat experience, due to seeing his opponent's moves before they happen. Cap would have to fight on instinct alone, weakening him.

Also, Edward has skin 'like stone'; AP advantage, most likely.

Also Ed is able to casually deform steel(in book 4, tears off a chunk of bedframe and squeezes it into the shape of his hand with no apparent effort). Compare to this version of Cap, who uses his shield to break a padlock. Strength advantage, Edward.

Edward has a very potent and extremely painful venom available. Even a small scratch is enough to begin the conversion process unless stopped, so Cap couldn't affort to take even a small cut or risk being weakened even further, and eventually disabled entirely for the three day incubation period.

Finally, Edward cannot be conventionally injured; severed limbs and cuts don't bleed, but instead ooze venom, and severed limbs and even heads can be re-attached.

On the other hand, Edward is vulnerable to fire, but only if he's thoroughly dismembered; while their venom is apparently flammable, it burns slowly enough that the only consistent manner of assuring death is via complete disassembly and then incineration, which appears to take multiple minutes, so any flame on a living subject would likely be fairly easily extinguished, given the time scales in question.

Overall, I think that Edward has a significant advantage in this fight, even lacking his speed advantage. I'm not saying cap couldn't eke out a win entirely, but it would have to rely on something very difficult, like pinning down Edward somehow and then decapitating him with his shield. On the other hand, Edward simply needs to get a small amount of venom into Cap, and cap's wounds would heal much more slowly, making for a battle of attrition favoring edward.

Overall, Edward just has too many advantages to give the point to anyone else.

Vote: Edward

So minding reading is combat applicable. I didn't even know about the venom thing. Without his shield (which would one shot Edward, true) Capt doesn't have much else. He's just a good fighter with some small degree of regen. Switching my vote to Edward for DemiserofD's reasons.

The listed feats aren't really consistent with what we actually know about the different characters.

Captain America was clearly nearing his limits in the iconic Helicopter Scene . According to the stats on that helicopter, that's around 3000 pounds, which is quite impressive, but...

In the stats for Twilight, we see the vampires casually talk about stopping a 60000 pound cement truck moving at 60+mph with the energy in a single forearm. Arm wrestling.

Now it's obvious that Cap is able to express that energy in a highly effective way to hurt very strong opponents, but we're still dealing with more than two orders of magnitude difference in raw strength.

Well Cap is baseline when he is exerting himself while Edward stops half that force casually. Your heart attack is still very much a possibility.

I'm sorry, but that calc doesn't make any sense. Because despite anything else, Cap still doesn't weigh a colossal amount. Even assuming he weighed a thousand pounds, a punch with 400 million joules of force would send him flying into the wall at minimum. Instead he follows a short arc.

Assuming he weighs 1000 kilograms and that calc is correct, that should be enough to launch him 40,000 meters. Which quite obviously does not take place.

DemiserofD said:
The listed feats aren't really consistent with what we actually know about the different characters.

Captain America was clearly nearing his limits in the iconic Helicopter Scene . According to the stats on that helicopter, that's around 3000 pounds, which is quite impressive, but...

In the stats for Twilight, we see the vampires casually talk about stopping a 60000 pound cement truck moving at 60+mph with the energy in a single forearm. Arm wrestling.

Now it's obvious that Cap is able to express that energy in a highly effective way to hurt very strong opponents, but we're still dealing with more than two orders of magnitude difference in raw strength.
Btw the helicopter scene is PIS even if Cap is Wall level+

I mean, we don't see cap busting down even walls. For example, when he boarded the ship at the beginning of Winter Soldier, he didn't kick down the doors, he used his shield to break the lock.

TBH, I think his stats are tremendously over-inflated. Trying to get them fixed atm.

Back