• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

car vs train (Thomas vs Lighting Mcqueen)

Braking

He/Him
i wondered why no one did this match

Vs

anything above 9-B is restricted
both are 9-B
Speed is equal

McQueen:1 (@Bernkastelll )
Thomas:
incon:2 (@Flashlight237 ) (@Peppersalt43 )

Last edited:
Well, according to the Thomas the Tank Engine wiki, Thomas' speed caps off at 70 mph, or 31.2928 m/s. He's also based on the LB&SCR E2 engine, weighs 52 long tons and 15 hundredweight, which is around 53596.4744 kg. Going off this alone, Thomas would have a KE of 26241887.8902 joules, or 6.272 kg of TNT.

As for Lightning, assuming he's comparable in weight to a Car of Tomorrow (3200 lbs/1451.4944 kg), his top speed of 200 mph (89.408 m/s) would give him a KE rating of 5801471.0466 joules, or just 1.3866 kg of TNT.

Granted KE isn't really the best thing to use for things like vehicles, but that's really the best we can get for Lightning McQueen and Thomas the Tankin Dankin.

This is a stomp... Is what I would say if it weren't for various other stipulations!

One might suggest that Lightning try and topple Thomas, but there's the thing. Thomas supposedly can pull 272 tons, but I've no clue where the writer of that tidbit got that from. Lightning McQueen, on the other hand, has Unknown lifting strength even though he has a clear lifting strength feat: pulling Bessie. I tried looking for a weight figure for road paving machines and the best I found was this, which puts 10-foot road pavers at 28,000-30,000 lbs (12.7 to 13.6 tonnes): https://www.forconstructionpros.com/asphalt/pavers/article/10841268/8foot-asphalt-paver-versatility

Bear in mind, Lightning did that all by himself, even though he had a hard time pulling Bessie. for comparison, the epilogue shows four cars having a tough time pulling Bessie:

Really, if you have a tough time pulling a 13-tonne road paver, what makes you think you can topple a 53.6-tonne locomotive?

Just like Lightning couldn't really do anything to Thomas, Thomas couldn't really do jack to Lightning unless Lightning got in his way because, well, Thomas is a locomotive engine. He NEEDS rails to move. Because of the way rails work, unless Thomas wants to derail himself, he's stuck going forward unless if its possible/safe to go in reverse.

Really, this match is an Inconclusive match. Lightning can't really do anything to Thomas, and unless Lightning had no idea what common sense was, Thomas can't really do anything to Lightning either.

Well, according to the Thomas the Tank Engine wiki, Thomas' speed caps off at 70 mph, or 31.2928 m/s. He's also based on the LB&SCR E2 engine, weighs 52 long tons and 15 hundredweight, which is around 53596.4744 kg. Going off this alone, Thomas would have a KE of 26241887.8902 joules, or 6.272 kg of TNT.

As for Lightning, assuming he's comparable in weight to a Car of Tomorrow (3200 lbs/1451.4944 kg), his top speed of 200 mph (89.408 m/s) would give him a KE rating of 5801471.0466 joules, or just 1.3866 kg of TNT.

Granted KE isn't really the best thing to use for things like vehicles, but that's really the best we can get for Lightning McQueen and Thomas the Tankin Dankin.

This is a stomp... Is what I would say if it weren't for various other stipulations!

One might suggest that Lightning try and topple Thomas, but there's the thing. Thomas supposedly can pull 272 tons, but I've no clue where the writer of that tidbit got that from. Lightning McQueen, on the other hand, has Unknown lifting strength even though he has a clear lifting strength feat: pulling Bessie. I tried looking for a weight figure for road paving machines and the best I found was this, which puts 10-foot road pavers at 28,000-30,000 lbs (12.7 to 13.6 tonnes): https://www.forconstructionpros.com/asphalt/pavers/article/10841268/8foot-asphalt-paver-versatility

Bear in mind, Lightning did that all by himself, even though he had a hard time pulling Bessie. for comparison, the epilogue shows four cars having a tough time pulling Bessie:

Really, if you have a tough time pulling a 13-tonne road paver, what makes you think you can topple a 53.6-tonne locomotive?

Just like Lightning couldn't really do anything to Thomas, Thomas couldn't really do jack to Lightning unless Lightning got in his way because, well, Thomas is a locomotive engine. He NEEDS rails to move. Because of the way rails work, unless Thomas wants to derail himself, he's stuck going forward unless if its possible/safe to go in reverse.

Really, this match is an Inconclusive match. Lightning can't really do anything to Thomas, and unless Lightning had no idea what common sense was, Thomas can't really do anything to Lightning either.

is that a vote?

I am going with McQueen, he can just accelerate fast enough to hit Thomas, even if a small part of Thomas lef the rail, Thomas won't be able to move, he will prolly crash somewhere, which means victory by Incap

I am going with McQueen, he can just accelerate fast enough to hit Thomas, even if a small part of Thomas lef the rail, Thomas won't be able to move, he will prolly crash somewhere, which means victory by Incap
counted and bump

Honestly, I would go with Thomas, he actually is faster than an actual E2 class via managing to keep up with Spencer, McQueen may be faster by a lot but if we just keep their normal forms, Thomas would actually destroy McQueen within a single impact considering one of them is a train and the other a car, and we all know what happens if they collide.

My vote goes to Thomas.

Back