• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Carboniferous Insects CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Tremble against its might for now you must face the only 10-C+ creature on the site
Anyways looks good

I'm not sure about a creature that's less than 1/4 kg being almost as strong as a human being, to be honest. Hawks typically slow down a little when approaching the prey, tackle smaller targets and grapple them instead of smashing against them at full speed so the KE probably doesn't fully scale to them.

I'm not sure about a creature that's less than 1/4 kg being almost as strong as a human being, to be honest.
Not really almost as strong, I think, its still pretty far away from 40 joules. And things much lighter than a human have reached the 10-C+ level before.

Hawks typically slow down a little when approaching the prey, tackle smaller targets and grapple them instead of smashing against them at full speed so the KE probably doesn't fully scale to them.
I dont think comparing a hawk to a griffinfly is the best comparison, considering their hunting styles where quite different iirc. While griffinflies did use the 'flying beartrap' tactic on smaller prey, griffinflies weren't really preying on only smaller targets, and where preying on large Palaeodictyopterans, which where similar in size.

Dragonflies have did the 'fly into prey' thing before, so I don't see why meganeura, a griffinfly who is said to have similar behavior to modernday dragonflies, wouldn't be able to do it.

I feel that also implies that meganeura wouldn't be able to withstand the energy of its full speed. Like if it flew into something at top speed it would die or be severly injured, which I doubt, but then again im not sure if it works like that.

scans:
this (Ik its a tier zoo video, but for some reason I cant find the actual video of the dragonfly at all lmao)
this
this

Last edited:
Not really almost as strong, I think, its still pretty far away from 40 joules. And things much lighter than a human have reached the 10-C+ level before.
I mean that's like, a punch from a young teen level. And idk have they?
this (Ik its a tier zoo video, but for some reason I cant find the actual video of the dragonfly at all lmao)
I mean, it's still tackling a much smaller prey here. That means the dragonfly doesn't take the full kinetic energy since most of it just goes into pushing the bug, it's an elastic collision. It's kinda like kicking a ball vs kicking a concrete wall

I mean that's like, a punch from a young teen level. And idk have they?
I mean, Meganeura was huge. Also yes, as seen here and here, things much smaller than humans have reached 10-C+

I mean, it's still tackling a much smaller prey here. That means the dragonfly doesn't take the full kinetic energy since most of it just goes into pushing the bug, it's an elastic collision. It's kinda like kicking a ball vs kicking a concrete wall

I dont think comparing a hawk to a griffinfly is the best comparison, considering their hunting styles where quite different iirc. While griffinflies did use the 'flying beartrap' tactic on smaller prey, griffinflies weren't really preying on only smaller targets, and where preying on large Palaeodictyopterans, which where similar in size.
My points here also still stand
Dragonflies have did the 'fly into prey' thing before, so I don't see why meganeura, a griffinfly who is said to have similar behavior to modernday dragonflies, wouldn't be able to do it.

I feel that also implies that meganeura wouldn't be able to withstand the energy of its full speed. Like if it flew into something at top speed it would die or be severly injured, which I doubt, but then again im not sure if it works like that.

Kiwis are rated based on KE which should ideally be removed. Iguanas... idk why they're there tbh but still they're dozens of times heavier.

And yeah tackling something of comparable size still means you don't take much of the KE especially when airborne. That is a more grey case though.

Kiwis are rated based on KE which should ideally be removed. Iguanas... idk why they're there tbh but still they're dozens of times heavier.
ehhh still, animals much lighter than humans can reach these levels like I have proved, thus I don't think that can be held against meganeura. Iguanas aren't really that heavy either lol, and are less than 10 lbs iirc
And yeah tackling something of comparable size still means you don't take much of the KE especially when airborne. That is a more grey case though.
ehh it still warranted imo, you said yourself it is somewhat of a grey case. Unless I'm missing something, its still dishing out this amount of KE otherwise

hell, you can make it a 'possibly below average human level+', similar to how the black mamba page does it.

Last edited:
I think it's fine to put it in the profile but idk about scaling it to striking strength or durability mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back