• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cardfight!! Vanguard General Discussion Thread

Welcome. After spending a long time working on this, I have finally completed the first ever feats blog for the Cardfight!! Vanguard verse.

This thread here will be to discuss the verses's feats, scaling, asking questions, etc. so that way we can make appropriate pages for the characters as soon as possible. If anyone has any issues, concerns, or suggestions to make, you're more than welcome to. This thread will also be for general discussion about Cardfight!! Vanguard and peoples love for the franchise and to get potential new fans to enjoy themselves.

Now Stand Up the Vanguard!

Cardfight!! Vanguard Opening 1
Cardfight!! Vanguard Opening 1

Congrats for offically completing a blog for the verse. Now... I can go ahead and try to find the english sub to see if it adds further detail to the feats or the potential to make a separate version for the sub, like we do with Yugioh thread.

As for the blog, I can re read it to see if I have any questions. For now though I don't have any.

There isnt a sub version that can be found for the 1st season actually. Thats why I went with the dubbed for my blog as the sub is too difficult to find.

The 1st season of Vanguard is completely blocked on Youtube, so the only way to watch it now is to find an anime website that has the episodes, which there are very few who do. ******************, the site I used for my blog, does have all the S1 episodes but they're only english dubbed.

The blog looks good really need to double check when im not dying of essays and tests

And i wish i could get convinient draws (admiteddly i always draw ezel saviour even if i only have a single copy of him)

Plus, I made a thread some time ago to ask if it's a rule here that we take the sub version of a series over the dub as priority and the feedback I got said it isnt, either or is fine.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
The blog looks good really need to double check when im not dying of essays and tests
And i wish i could get convinient draws (admiteddly i always draw ezel saviour even if i only have a single copy of him)
You sir need the Almighty PSYqualia.

i mean it makes sense as the fighters represent the units and if they are even with each other they would scale properly and we have to be careful about units like g3s and such. I do feel like we would only upscale G3s and 4s unless the lore specifically mentions units to be on par with 3s and 4s which they would be granted scaling. (Remind me but wasn't blaster blade one of the top units of his clan overall?)

Blaster Blade is one of Aichi's strongest Units yes but not the very strongest. Aichi does have Units in his deck who would be stronger than Blaster Blade like Alfred, Paladmedes, Gancelot, Soul Saver Dragon, Majesty Lord Blaster, etc. However, Blaster Blade himself should likely be Grade 3 level since even before Aichi got himself Grade 3 Units for his deck, he was able to defeat Kai who had Dragonic Overlrod (Kai was holding back of course but thats beside the point).

And yeah the Grade scaling needs to be handled carefully , which is why the scaling would only apply to the Units that are in the same deck as each other. For example, if Aichi has a Grade 1 Unit that does a city level feat, then the feat only scales to his Units. Meaning, Aichi's Grade 3s > his Grade 2s > his Grade 1s, who are comparable to the Grade 1 Unit of his that did the feat.

AstralKing7 said:
Nice work bro I know u put a lot of energy and time into this
Thanks bro but I still have a long way to go before we get this verse off the ground lol.

I still gotta make blogs for 8 more seasons, a movie, not to mention a blog on card lore (I did some extra digging and the card lores for the Units are considered canon; they will result in significant upgrades themselves once I eventually get to making them).

IWAE
IWAE!!!! New Cardfight Vanguard Discussion Thread
I will help about vanguard profile when i'm free

but so damn, bushiroad has new series again XD

We're gonna be in for quite a ride lol.

For now though, no one should make any pages yet. We still need to discuss scaling and such and there is also the matter of discussing how the pages should be formatted for the cardfighters.

Okay so good news. After speaking to a friend about it, we have evidence to prove Planet Cray is as big as at least a few hundred kilometers.

To get this thread going again, it's now time to discuss scaling. There's a feat that most of the characters would scale to and here's how my scaling method would work:

Feat thats being scaled
The feat that will be scale to the cardfighters of S1 is a feat that one of Misaki Tokura's Units does. In episode 46, during a cardfight, one of Misaki's Grade 1's Goddess of the Cresent Moon Tsukuyomi shows us a feat of her being able to easily move a moon into position as part of her attack.

Thanks to a friend of mine, the feat has been calced. Since we have evidence to prove Planet Cray is a star-sized planet and is ridiculously bigger than our earth, the feat will likely need to be recalced. Though for now, the calc of the feat has resulted in being High 5-A.

How Misaki's own Units would scale
Misaki's Units would scale using simple Grade Scaling. This is how the scaling would look like:

Misaki's Grade 1's = High 5-A (Should be comparable to Goddess of the Cresent Moon Tsukuyomi, who can easily move a moon into position.)

Misaki's Grade 2's = High 5-A (Superior to Misaki's Grade 1 Units; Has Goddess of the Half Moon Tsukuyomi in her posession, the evolved form of Cresent Moon Tsukuyomi)

Misaki's Grade 3's = At least High 5-A (Superior to Misaki's Grade 2 Units; Has Goddes of the Full Moon Tsukuyomi in her possession, the evovled form of Half Moon Tsukuyomi)

How other cardfighters and their Units would scale
For other cardfighters, their scaling needs to go a step beyond just Grade Scaling. They need to be consistently comparable, equal to, or superior to Misaki in order for their Units to scale to her Units. So for example, I'll use Aichi, Ren and Kai. Aichi at the end of S1 is much stronger than Misaki for being able to defeat Ren Suzugamori, who was able to stomp Toshiki Kai, who's much stronger than Misaki. So this would make Aichi's Units far above Misaki's Units. In other words, the Grade 1's that Aichi, Ren and Kai use would be much stronger than Misaki's Grade 1s, which would scale to the higher grade Units in their decks. So the scaling would look like this:

Aichi:
Aichi's Grade 1s = At least High 5-A (Superior to Ren Zuzugamori and his Shadow Paladin deck, making his Grade 1 Units stronger than Rens)

Aichi's Grade 2s = At least High 5-A (Superior to Aichi's Grade 1 Units; Holds in his possession Blaster Blade, Aichi's strongest and signature Grade 2 Unit)

Aichi's Grade 3s = At least High 5-A (Superior to Aichi's Grade 2 Units)

Ren:
Ren's Grade 1s = At least High 5-A (Stomped Toshiki Kai and his Kagero deck in battle, making his Grade 1 Units superior to Kai's)

Ren's Grade 2's = At least High 5-A (Superior to Ren's Grade 1 Units; Holds in his posession Blaster Dark, Ren's strongest and signature Grade 2 Unit)

Ren's Grade 3s = At least High 5-A (Superior to Ren's Grade 2 Units; Holds Phantom Blaster Overlord in his possession, the evolved form of Ren's Phantom Blaster Dragon)

Kai
Kai's Grade 1s = At least High 5-A (Much stronger than Misaki Tokura and her Oracle Think Tank deck, making his Grade 1 Units superior to Misaki's; Fought against Post-Nationals Aichi)

Kai's Grade 2s = At least High 5-A (Superior to Kai's Grade 1s)

Kai's Grade 3s = At least High 5-A (Superior to Kai's Grade 2's; Holds in his possession Dragonic Overlord, Kai's strongest and signature Grade 3 Unit; Holds the evolved form of Dragonic Overlord in his possession, Dragonic Overlord the End)

Alrighty on that note. Now, for the Grade 0 Units, there are some lower end AP feats that they can scale to but one will need a calc:

-All of the Grade 0's from Team Casears Dimension Police decks are building sized, so any cardfighter thats comparable or superior to them would have their Grade 0 Units scale to theirs.

-When traveling to Planet Cray, Takuto's soul was powerful enough to burst through a cloud layer and make a large explosion on Cray's surface. Since Cray is going to be star sized, this should make this feat much more impressive than it appears and it would scale to any Unit on Cray period since the souls of cardfighters (with the exception of PSYqualia users) are generally treated as powerless on Cray and need to use the Units themselves for anything combat-related.

Now while I have the chance, I wanted to show you guys the standard format for a cardfighters page here on the site so that if you guys ever want to make a page here, or ever want to help out, you'll know how they should be formatted. This is for a cardfighter who appears in all seasons of the anime's timeline, so this obviously isnt for every single cardfighter's page, but just so it covers as much as possible for the standard amount. Since it isnt appearing the way I want to in this thread, I made a mini blog for this .

How does it look?

LinkSlayerLvX said:
@Kukui4Life
Ok, then.... We need to cal their speed but how????
We'll have to ask someone in the calc group to do this for us to results.

For whats it worth though, Tsukuyomi's moon calc already has sub-relativistic results so we're getting somewhere with speed already.

Okay so good news (Weird how I didnt get a notif from this).

After consulting with a friend of mine who could help me, we were able to get an official size of how big Planet Cray is. And boy, is it a massive planet. My friend got a size of 542,822 kilometers. Nearly half as big as our sun and almost 8x bigger than Jupiter.

Planet Cray size

the more i look at vanguard im not gonna be suprise about tier 2 Inb4 tier 1

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
So... Would it result in tier 4 for the previous High 5A calc ?
Thats what im trying to figure out actually since rotational distance (like the planet itself being rotated 180 degrees to make the moon come out) counts as a distance for us to calc in moon moving feats IIRC.

Okay, my calc got the stamp of approval by 2 calc-group members. That should make it safe to apply the results to the scaling.

So all Grade 1 and higher Units for these guys are High 4-C now instead of High 5-A.

Back