• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Carnage vs Lucy - Death Battle version

several things coming from a bomb can cause life wiping, like radiation for example.

Just because it was spoken does not mean that it is true. By this logic Lucy should be planet level, since she Was going to Destroy the earth as she Said.

The thing is, Screwattack didn't take the Darkhold into account. Post-Darkhold, Carnage became resistant to fire, and could split off and assimilate others. The moment he made gashes in her skin, the loose symbiote parts should have assimilated Lucy. This is the same symbiote that assimilated Silver Surfer, the Thing, Wolverine, and Captain America. She shouldn't be immune.

I love Lucy is a really old sitcom. You should look it up.

It's a song sang by Lucille Ball, the lead actress in I Love Lucy, the show referenced above, in the musical Wildcats.

Get some culture ovo.

I just saw the DB, and I'm so angry, not because of Carnage just losing, but mainly cus'by our own site Lucy beats Cletus at her strongest, so true that she wins and I hate that :(

Tears aside, the fight was pretty cool, using their own drawings of characters in certain parts give the fight a lot more dynamism and take away the monotony of "sprite fight". Soundtrack was pretty good, it make the heart beat alot for how intense of the scenes. Voices were decent, IDK about Lucy but Cletus has that sound of genoside that I like, specially this part .

Next Time is Optimus Prime Vs Gundam RX-72 (No idea what similarity they share aside from except for being Giant Robots). I'm so happy to see my boy Prime in DB, and at the same time so worried that the mess up the things...

Sir Ovens said:
The thing is, Screwattack didn't take the Darkhold into account. Post-Darkhold, Carnage became resistant to fire, and could split off and assimilate others. The moment he made gashes in her skin, the loose symbiote parts should have assimilated Lucy. This is the same symbiote that assimilated Silver Surfer, the Thing, Wolverine, and Captain America. She shouldn't be immune.
SA would brush off by saying this is an outlier and Cletus now even has a new Symbiote anyway. They wanted just to show the classic Carnage against... well manga EoS Lucy which is a mismatch by our standard due to vast AP gap.

And to them, if the life wiping bomb or 1/5 nuclear bomb feat is less impressive than the 1/1 "nuclear" bomb feat, Carnage has to be killed if the area of effect can cover anywhere his corpses can fly away. Even mere incapacitation would be enough to declare Lucy a win.

Think about that: it takes so much procedures for a country level character with a massive AP advantage to defeat a town level character with this durability and Regenerationn and this shows how Carnage can stand up against enemies much stronger than himself.

Speaking of which, EoS Lucy cannot move her vectors that fast without tapping into her melting state, although her body just accelerates melting by healing her boyfriend. So... Mach 2 symbiote speed vs ~ Mach 2 vector speed for pre melting Lucy with Carnage's MHS reaction speed should still help killing Lucy at her 7-C state. Yay my reputation is saved (by now).

And... It now reminds me of Toki vs Raoh (Fist of the North Star) fight now...

Asuka the Demonic Empress said:
I guess we can all agree Optimus is going to stomp, right?
If you believe in the followings... Yes.

1) G1 OP vs 0079 RX-78-2

2) OP is given the Star Saber while Amuro sticks with RX-78-2 and cannot jump into Hi Nu Gundam

3) OP can resist Amuro's mind hacking if Amuro even has one.

4) Amuro's giant space colony/asteroid thing pushing feat is a massive outlier

WeeklyBattles said:
Technically speaking Carnage at his strongest is him possessing Silver Surfer as Carnage Cosmic
This requires a passer-by Silver Surfer and is considered external help. (Like Strange is not allowed to merge with Eternity or Death in Strange vs Fate)

So, you're saying that Carnage should've been able to kill Lucy before she could tap into her Melting EoS state?

Chances are there. But the chances of each different scenario needs to be further evaluated.

And our previous thread does not consider her having such option. Instead, tier 7 versions are used for both and speed = stuffs.

SA surely plays by their own rules: speed unrestricted and highest tier forms for both.

With SA, I beleive that they start in they start in their strongest base form (The strongest they are in the story without transformations or things like that) and let them transform. I must admit, though I'm glad Lucy won (I just like it when more heroic or tragic characters win), it does seem kind of incorrect. To be fair, it was due to a human mistake. They forgot to scale Carnage's speed to Spider-Man and instead used Carnage's own speed feats. There are definately several senarios where Lucy would win. With her being able to create a nearly nuclear-level explosion, heat included, even Carnage probably wouldn't survive that. And, assuming that Carnage couldn't break Lucy's vectors (I haven't read the manga or watched the anime so I don't know if that's a thing that can be done. Probably not.), it would be a VERY diffucult fight for both. Lucy's levelheadedness (Compared to Carnage) would also help. Carnage probably would win more often than not, but only by a slight margin.

In fact... SA's research measures characters at their best super forms. It is the animation parts that start with characters in their strongest base form and let them transform into their super forms. Sadly, Carnage does not really have a super form without external help (like bonding with other superheroes/supervillains), and SA only give him a train of dead corpses for him to make clones, bulk up his body and recover damages.

Cletus may kill Lucy at her base form or even end-of-story pre-melting form, but once she goes melting form, with a drastic movement speed boost and a superior range advantage plus a safe distance to keep her safe and buy her time to react to Carnage's assaults, Carnage is pretty screwed. And if one shot of giant vector strike will be sufficient to make him incinerated to ashes, Lucy would not even need to spam such strikes crazy until her body melts down.

To pin the final nail to the coffin, although rules of Death Battle requires characters to end the opponents via death, there are cases where incapacitation good as dead (for example, being reduced to little more than ashes or a ghost, no working mortal avatar to continue fighting with) still concludes victory.

Still doesn't help that Carnage has a massive speed advantage.

They do convey their arguments through the animation, though.

But yeah it does get pretty ridiculous when people say "Kirby had access to enemies and powerups, therefore the fight was rigged".

Sir Ovens said:
Still doesn't help that Carnage has a massive speed advantage.
SA is comparing movement speed to movement speed. Carnage's reaction speed is much faster than Lucy and his attack speed is iin fact similar to Lucy's vector action speed - before Lucy turns to melting mode, which drastically increases her movement speed and gives her safe distances to compensate time to react to every Carnage's assaults.

More sadly, SA measures characters only at their full potential. So chances are there scenarios Carnage can take Lucy out before she turns Melting Lucy in our research, but SA says screw that - Melting Lucy can kill Carnage more easily than Carnage alone can kill Melting Lucy, Carnage is not allowed to possess Silver Surfer as Carnage Cosmic, victory for Lucy.

My issue with it is. They let carnage scratch lucy but did not allow his possession hax. He can literally break off part of himself in that instant.

EcchiOtakuTM said:
My issue with it is. They let carnage scratch lucy but did not allow his possession hax. He can literally break off part of himself in that instant.
This is animation/plot appearance.

If Lucy truly started as Melting Lucy (the strongest form she could personally obtain), she just hopped back and could have a safe distance figuring ways to truly incapacitate Carnage.

And Carnage does not have super forms without outsiders.

Foxthefox1000 said:
It's a shame this is the first battle they had horrible research on.
Guessing you've not seen Tifa vs Yang then.

Guys the speed of Lightning is 224000mph which is 339.4 mach. If you want to use https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Dodging_Feats then you need to state what speed the lightning was going at. No reason to use the highest speed when he never really otherwise shows such speed. Gotta prove how fast it's going. That Mach 1294 is laughably bullshit.

Back