• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Carnosaur (Warhammer Fantasy) vs Odogaron (Monster Hunter)

Carnosaur: 7.82567595214 tons

Odogaron: 2.14 tons

3.65685792156x AP difference plus Carnosaur has damage reduction to counteract the stat amps odogaron has and I'm pretty sure Carnosaur takes this

I mean either way, Carnosaur has 3.5x AP, can pretty much resist the damage that Odogaron can do, and it has its own stat amps to make him even stronger once he gets the first hit in. Plus it has fear manip to use to affect Odogaron

I mean either way, Carnosaur has 3.5x AP, can pretty much resist the damage that Odogaron can do, and it has its own stat amps to make him even stronger once he gets the first hit in. Plus it has fear manip to use to affect Odogaron
That's fair. What's the difference between their LS? I know they're both Class 100, but what's the difference? Odogaron likes to grapple it's prey.

Lifting Strength scales to Malekith, who lifted a dragon the size of a gatehouse. With no real accepted calc, baseline is assumed.

I mean, the guy still has far weaker AP so he won't be doing as much damage to him and given the Carnosaur's size, he'd still be able to hit Odogaron off or at least hit him in general.

I mean, the guy still has far weaker AP so he won't be doing as much damage to him and given the Carnosaur's size, he'd still be able to hit Odogaron off or at least hit him in general.
When Radoban tried to use his sheer size against Odogaron, Odogaron just jumped on his back and shredded through his armor. Can the Carnosaur reach it's back easily?

To my knowledge no. Is it one of those attacks where he does it for a bit then gets off and fights normally or does he literally just stay on its back

No but Carnosaur also has its own rage buffs and has high pain tolerance to shake him off, especially after it's tasted blood. Also Carnosaur has a 3x Damage Boost against large targets.

By large targets does it mean like just large in general or larger than itself cuz if its larger in general that gives the carnosaur oneshot potential

No but Carnosaur also has its own rage buffs and has high pain tolerance to shake him off, especially after it's tasted blood. Also Carnosaur has a 3x Damage Boost against large targets.
When you say "Large Targets", how large are we talking about?

In the tabletop, "Large Target" is often used to describe particularly large creature. Having read the rulebook, Odogaron definitely is large enough to qualify given that there are similarly-sized creatures with the trait of Large Target

In the tabletop, "Large Target" is often used to describe particularly large creature. Having read the rulebook, Odogaron definitely is large enough to qualify given that there are similarly-sized creatures with the trait of Large Target
Well that's ******* gay. Then Odogaron gets One-Shot and can't do anything unless he decides to Pin the Carnosaur for 24 Hours.

Yeah, Large Targets in warhammer fantasy basically start at cavalry and ogres, so Odogaron easily qualifies, unfortunately Carnosaurs are basically an anti-monster monster, though Odogaron definitely does have a wincon if it can avoid getting munched or tail whipped

Back