• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Double Standard with Pocket Dimensions?

Why is it that some characters who create space pockets containing stars and such, as well as those who cause eclipses, are treated as utter proof of the verse being Multi-Solar System level? Especially since characters from other verses (e.g. Mundus) who do the exact same thing are treated with more skepticism?

It doesn't seem as though there is any proof that the stars and such we're seeing during boss fights are anything like real stars, or that they're anything at all besides illusions that are there for dramatic effect.

Let alone the fact that an eclipse happening or a bunch of stars swirling around above the characters has hardly been shown as combat-applicable within the series.

True, and I would say that endgame Belmonts, Drac, Chaos, etc have plenty of Universe-busting support

But it seems like the only feats used for the lower tiers are non-combat applicable cosmetic changes to the battlefield. And I doubt every rib-chucking skeleton in the castle is 4-A

Oh, well then never mind about the low-tier scaling.

But how have we determined that there are actual stars present in these quantum spaces? How do we know they exist on the same scale as real solar systems or even that they aren't just cosmetic like the ones Mundus creates? Nobody ever interacts with any of said stars to prove one way or another so why would people physically scale to them?

I know that the thread is about Castlevania, but since you mentioned Mundus, here I am lol

Well, Mundus feat is only considered to be Tier 4/3 if you trust Kamiya, who's basically a non-reliable troll, every other Tier 3 feat in the DMC verse is only Tier 3 with wrong or biased assumptions, they are not even outlier since they don't exist at all

The only Tier 4 feat that we have is Dante and Mundus shaking the Underworld in their fight in the second novel, but this one it's an Outlier since is the only feat of that scale while the best feats we have are Tier 6 (we have two), and they come from Top/God Tiers

Castlevania, however, is full of Tier 5, 4 and 2 feats

I know that's true about Mundus, but what I'm wondering is why the presence of star-like objects in his pocket dimension is disregarded, while they are taken as concrete evidence in Castlevania

I agree with this

Castlevania wanking has gone far enough.

They shoud be 8-B because Dracula holds the catle in place with his life, but nothing more

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
I know that's true about Mundus, but what I'm wondering is why the presence of star-like objects in his pocket dimension is disregarded, while they are taken as concrete evidence in Castlevania
He likely teleported Dante to another dimension, honestly. In the second novel Mundus shows BFR as one of his powers, so yeah, is more likely

They can be stars, but we don't have any evidence that they are Mundus' creation

Oh look at these "stars" that are not even affecting Richter in any way!

That means Dracula is 4A you guys.

Richter can now aparently breathe in "space" but drowns instantly in water.

Hans0l013123897 said:
Oh look at these "stars" that are not even affecting Richter in any way!

That means Dracula is 4A you guys.

Richter can now aparently breathe in "space" but drowns instantly in water.
You know you can see stars without being in space, right?

Sorry, but i just find it a bit unreasonable to assume Castlevania is 4-A for such a random feat, specially when a lot of verses have background changing feats. There is no evidence those are legit stars or just an illusion or cool background change by the creators, since it is not referenced anywhere in any material.

"background changing feats"

No, they're legit dimensional creation feats as stated by the characters.

"no evidence they're legit stars"

Must we do this? Assume that the whole dimension is illusory save the small area of it the characters cross, don't be ridiculous.

You clearly never played either Judgement or the Sorrow Games or Portrait of Ruin much less read the light novel if you think Castlevania is an 8-B verse.

@Hans I agree, but it typically undermines a person's credibility in the eyes of others when you immediately come across as somewhat rude.

There's no problem at the moment, just asking that we stay civil.

When is it stated/shown that they're whole dimensions? I don't remember them being mentioned at all

There are definitely timeline shenanigans in Judgement, though, however much I disagree that they should scale to AP.

Before this continues...have you or Hans read the actual blogs (I believe there was a blog) or threads regarding this?

"background changing feats"

No, they're legit dimensional creation feats as stated by the characters.

"Assume the whole dimension is illusiry"

Unlike you, i have a reason to belive otherwise, since the outside castle is always, always shown to be 8-B at best, where having stars inside would be illogical and absurd, hell, if you claim they are legit stars,then prove so. From my perspective they are just yellow dots flying towards a hole.

Gimme a statement from Dracula that says "Haha Richter, i will summon all of these stars in the background and transport the two of us into space while we are inside a castle! Don't they look cool?"

YOU have to prove your claim with evidence, pal. Not me.

Oh yeah? Show me a scan from Rondo of Blood that even remotely mentions the background change. --- One more thing.

Code:
Want PROOF that Dracula couldn't possibly have control over stars?
He DIES from sunlight in Super Casltevania 4 and in Portrait of Ruin.

Dracula only dies from the sun once in canon and that was a weak incarnation that had been heavily battered already.

Dracula's castle is a full-blown alternate dimension made of Chaos itself, dude. The castle is just the outer layer.

Twice. He dies from SUNLIGHT in two games. (Since SC4 is a remake of C1), so him being to create stars with his weakness to sunlight, is just flst out wrong in my mind. Not to mention that the final battle background in Rondo of Blood is never explained and it even chsnges in Symphony of the Night.

Casltevania is seen as a 8-B castle from the outside, and that caslte crumbles to the ground each time Dracula is defeated.

Sorry, but it is just flst out wrong tl have casltevania at 4-A with those major contradictions.

Alright, I have thus returned.

So the series is most definitely more impressive than 8-B, and I can't really argue with Judgement's feats of timeline-smoosh.

My main issue is that I just can't shake the notion that we shouldn't assume that these pocket dimensions work like normal outer space.

Because they dont. They are either super small or illusory. Since 1.-Dracula never adresses either the RoB final battle background or how it changes in Symphony og the night 2.-Dracula cannot stand sunlight and dies instantly from it. 3.-They do not behave like real stars at all and one of them would be bigger than the castle we see from the outside.

Back