• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cataclysm • RP Registration

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Since I'm down an RP I'm running, here we go
The year is 2010 on Earth. Prosperous and beautiful, cities, technology, even nature was thriving, but in the stones, an ancient past shines clear. In the stones from the deepest reaches of the planet, what once was believed to be caused by the planet's creation revealed a dark secret kept hidden by the Earth, all it took was one stone, and a new energy populated the air, dubbed "Mana", the energy was powerful, though few could harness it, those who could studied it.

However, digging deep would also bring something else out. A crack. A splinter. They appeared in various areas, and not one invidual knew where they came from, or how they formed, so a year went by, Mana and magic populated the skies, people had even begun returning to dead arts such as swordsmanship, but it was then, when humanity was at it most prosperous that the event that would change the course of the world into the wrong direction happened.

the Cataclysm.

Along each crack spurted lava, and a shadowy figure ruptured from the core of the Rocky Mountains and swept across the land, few places were spared as society came crashing down and the earth itself came alive, Fire, Earth, wind, water, all rose up given form, and even darker forces roamed the land now

But... not all hope was lost. A race once numbered in the billions had dwindled down to merely Seven and a half million in a base in the core of Nevada, with any survivors left around the world to fend for themselves and create groups that couldnt evacuate, with about a million of those unable to fight, but those that could held the faintest glimmer of hope that they could save their planet from the dark, some joined the enemy, others gave up, but others? A dream.

A dream, that they might, just might, have hope of the survival of the human race, with some individuals even coming from the earth! Dubbed "Stonefallen" they have grouped and made a capital in southern Canada, with some eventually trying to find humanity...
Humanity
The chief population of Earth for 200,000 years, Humanity has been left a shell of its former self, with the advancements in magic, Humanity possess some of the best magic and enchanted weapons, the darkest hour is upon humanity now, though... some would say that humanity's brightest hour is nigh​

Abilities: Power Nullification and Supernatural Willpower (Can break out of bonds against their mind, body, or soul with sheer will)

Stonefallen
Beings of all shapes and sizes, Stonefallen rose from the earth during the Cataclysm, with their capital housed in the area that used to be southern Canada, a young race, only a couple months old at most, some have sought out Humans and Galnir for trading and Alliance purposes, while their High King remains suspicious of his neighbors. Some enchanters have even given the Stonefallen the possibility for organic bodies...
Abilities: Immortality (Type 1; Stonefallen cannot age due to their body structures as inorganic lifeforms), Inorganic Physiology (Type 1; Stonefallen have found that they have souls like normal living creatures, and have been given life by the Cataclysm)

Magic Weaknesses: Too much Mana usage can result in an effect similar to Radiation Poisoning, and can cause the invidual to black out and suffer problems with their senses for a time afterwards
AP/SS/Durability: Up to 9-A(AKA 0.05 tons) starting out, primarily due to the Amplifications so much mana in the air gave Humanity strength

Lifting Strength: Up to Class 5 (2 Tons)

Speed: Up to Peak Human movement speed with Subsonic combat speeds and reactions

Stamina: Peak Human for Humans and Infinite for Stonefallen starting out

Range: Up to Hundreds of Meters with weaponry unless it's literally a sniper rifle.

Hax: Keep it decently low, basic elements and shit are fine but beyond that case by case basis

Put your Characters here when approved

RP Thread

Last edited:
I'm new to this kinda stuff; how does it work exactly?
Basically in this case you make a Sandbox, once we get five people including me I make the main RP Thread, and ya roleplay.

You'll see when the first RP posts go out.

Basically in this case you make a Sandbox, once we get five people including me I make the main RP Thread, and ya roleplay.

You'll see when the first RP posts go out.
Aye, thanks mate. I think I'll just be a spectator of this one in order to get a feel for it in the future.

okay this is a lot more popular then I thought my backstory and writing when I was literally going to sleep would be lol

okay this is a lot more popular then I thought my backstory and writing when I was literally going to sleep would be lol
Can we make extraordinary geniuses? I wanna make an scientest that can do some wild shit with prep time but is basically powerless without it

Can we make extraordinary geniuses? I wanna make an scientest that can do some wild shit with prep time but is basically powerless without it
Generally the only extraordinary geniuses are either Cata side or Cottled up in a place somewhere trying to make Humanity have more of a chance. And there's like, 3 of them overall that didn't die in the Cataclysm

Generally the only extraordinary geniuses are either Cata side or Cottled up in a place somewhere trying to make Humanity have more of a chance. And there's like, 3 of them overall that didn't die in the Cataclysm
So I cannot make an extraordinary genius? Hmm..

I don't like such an aura in an RP like this, cause either everyone resists it, it's forgotten about, or your character just never interacts with anyone outside of what he needs to for story, which, trust me, makes for a REALLY boring RP experience

Transmutation should be saved for when the magic users of the cast actually understand Mana more to manipulate it in that way, call be brainrotted but that could very easily be used on weapons and armor to make it so that only Elemental constructs and folks who have none of the stuff can fight him

Hours without fatigue is just straight up Superhuman Stamina if I'm not wrong

There aren't going to be many things that will be wall level, so Akio is in this spot where most of what he's fighting one-shots the happy holidays out of him if his dura isn't buffed

I don't like such an aura in an RP like this, cause either everyone resists it, it's forgotten about, or your character just never interacts with anyone outside of what he needs to for story, which, trust me, makes for a REALLY boring RP experience
Hmm alright then that makes sense. Should I just remove it?
Transmutation should be saved for when the magic users of the cast actually understand Mana more to manipulate it in that way, call be brainrotted but that could very easily be used on weapons and armor to make it so that only Elemental constructs and folks who have none of the stuff can fight him
So I should remove it or make it so he needs some more understanding to do?
Hours without fatigue is just straight up Superhuman Stamina if I'm not wrong
Oh let me downgrade that then
There aren't going to be many things that will be wall level, so Akio is in this spot where most of what he's fighting one-shots the happy holidays out of him if his dura isn't buffed
Oh okay I will just scale him to his magic then

Hmm alright then that makes sense. Should I just remove it?

So I should remove it or make it so he needs some more understanding to do?

Oh let me downgrade that then

Oh okay I will just scale him to his magic then
You could make it a different aura, but if you can't think of anything you can remove it

I'd recommend replacing it with something, Transmutation is gonna come at a time when Mana is more understood by the cast, it'll take a but though

Yeh

Could do that, you could also just scale him to Palaria's 0.01 tons Durability

You could make it a different aura, but if you can't think of anything you can remove it

I'd recommend replacing it with something, Transmutation is gonna come at a time when Mana is more understood by the cast, it'll take a but though

Yeh

Could do that, you could also just scale him to Palaria's 0.01 tons Durability
I edited the page and added regen instead of aura

I edited the page and added regen instead of aura
Where does Low-Mid come from

That is some NASTY illusion Creation, but you can limit it more then Baseline magic limits. Basically, it needs limits and downsides to using it

Same thing, the injection but it can take up to hours and even days if the attack is severe

Alright then let me think of some limit and downgrades
Low-mid is the regeneration of limbs and severe organ damage/destruction, just to note that to you.

So, I assume the evil elementals will be the antagonists and the stonefallen are the good ones? Can we make profiles for these evil elementals?

And can one person have more than one character?

So, I assume the evil elementals will be the antagonists and the stonefallen are the good ones? Can we make profiles for these evil elementals?

And can one person have more than one character?
The elementals(And their lords) are side antagonists, there is a singular overarching antagonist and other things going on. One thing I will say is that I'd MUCH prefer any profiles for said elementals be passed by me first, especially since it needs to make story sense for, say, a fire Elemental to be siding with humanity and Stonefallen and not their Elemental lord since these things have been under their Elemental lord for well over a few million years

Make as many as you can handle

The elementals(And their lords) are side antagonists, there is a singular overarching antagonist and other things going on. One thing I will say is that I'd MUCH prefer any profiles for said elementals be passed by me first, especially since it needs to make story sense for, say, a fire Elemental to be siding with humanity and Stonefallen and not their Elemental lord since these things have been under their Elemental lord for well over a few million years
OK so for one

Will you be making a discord server to discuss these ideas?

And 2, for variety sake and to allow for more factions and characters to be made, what if the 4 elementals (Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth) also have subfactions. Like ice, steam, sea, etc for water as an example. It also allows us to have evil earth elementals instead of just the stonefallen

OK so for one

Will you be making a discord server to discuss these ideas?

And 2, for variety sake and to allow for more factions and characters to be made, what if the 4 elementals (Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth) also have subfactions. Like ice, steam, sea, etc for water as an example. It also allows us to have evil earth elementals instead of just the stonefallen
Thats a good idea, for now. Literally all my plans for this RP are stored in my head right now, so it is just asking me questions to get the info.

Stonefallen are a weird case, their full lore and origins have yet to be revealed but they are unrelated to the direct Earth elementals. Also it's weird to call them evil, their primals, they see the earth as theirs, from their view they're getting humanity off their lawn so to speak, but some are more... volatile then others.

Main baddy is just straight up evil though lol

Ah, philosophical. Then in that case, I'll just word it as "hostile to humans and their allies"

Also I'm gonna be making a light elemental as an offshoot to fire and a fume elemental as an offshoot to wind
Make it less light and more... solar.

Depends on the fume, cause the Windlord is the second most volatile one

Basically it's for toxic and explosive gas
Make it an Ash elemental then, something that's kind of the in-between from the Windlord and the Firelord

I should also note that many elementals are weakened when not on their plane.

Back