• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Category changes

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I am renaming some categories to their plural usage, such as Magic User to Magic Users. This is because most categories have plural usage (Characters, Hero Characters, Good Characters, Swordsmen, Protagonists, Antagonists, etc.).

Renaming includes:

a) Magic User -> Magic Users

b) Ninja -> Ninjas

c) Pirate -> Pirates

d) Martial Artist -> Martial Artists

It will likely clog up recent changes, but I have accounted for all recent edits in the main namespace.

Additionally, Flight will be changed to Flight Users, and Regenerationn to Regenerationn Users since it is both more logical and also more standard (other power categories are listed as [power name] Users).

If anyone wishes to inspect recent edits not part of the Mass category renaming, please click here.

There was a technical hitch in the middle of the the mass re-categorization process.

1. I discovered that the Mass Categorization tool is not entirely reliable for large categories.

2. On most pages, it did not add the category, citing "internal DB api query error".

3. On other pages, despite adding categories (shown in source mode), the wikia cache did not, for some reason, do so on the visual editor mode, and said pages weren't visible on the Martial Artists category page.

Due to that, I had to run the script multiple times, to ensure that there was no loss of prior categorization. Since there was no way of accounting for which pages had the Martial Artists category, and which didn't, I had to run the script for the entire list multiple times.

Hence, for some pages, in source mode, there are multiple iterations of the same category code.

Just wanted to inform the staff, in case people were wondering why seemingly superfluous edits were made.

Mass removed categories Superman and Superman Pastiche, courtesy of this.

All categories which need to be re-named:

• Non-Canon -> Non-Canon Characters
  • Secondary Canon -> Secondary Canon Characters
  • Regenerationn -> Regenerationn Users
  • Telepathy -> Telepathy Users
  • Telekinesis -> Telekinesis Users
  • Teleportation -> Teleportation users
  • OnePunch-Man -> One-Punch Man
  • Spatial Maniuplation -> Spatial Maniuplation Users
  • Mutant -> Mutants
  • Pokemon -> Pokémon
  • Possessor -> Possessors
  • Machine -> Machines
  • Reactive Evolution -> Reactive Evolution Users
  • Toon Force -> Toon Force Characters
  • Teigu User -> Teigu Users
A heads-up. I have gone through the daily back-log, and accounted for it.

The re-naming will be done at GMT 1000, Dec 5.

EDIT: The rest of the edits will be done later.

Well, in order:

"Telepaths" sounds better, I think.

I already changed the "OnePunch-Man" category to "One Punch Man" as far as I remember.

It is spelled "Spatial Manipulation"

"Pokemon" is easier for members to type than "Pokémon", but all right

"Toon Force" is a type of bizarre comedy power, so "Toon Force Users" might be better.

You probably mean January or February 5th.

Okay,

One-Punch Ma is the official title.

Sorry, Spatial Manipulation it is.

Okay.

Okay.

Within the manga itself it is usually spelled "One Punch Man" as far as I am aware.

Hmm...I thought since "Secondary Canon" was two different words, so was "Non Canon".

It seems I was mistaken.

Back