• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I would rather have Kishibe come back than Quanxi

Seriously screw Quanxi, overrated as **** lmao

Kishigoat
i feel like sushimoto expects us to be a lot more hyped to see quanxi than anyone ever actually will be

i was only ever hyped to see her when she showed up during the prison break and even that wound up being a letdown, the entire prison break was disappointing tbh

i feel like sushimoto expects us to be a lot more hyped to see quanxi than anyone ever actually will be

i was only ever hyped to see her when she showed up during the prison break and even that wound up being a letdown, the entire prison break was disappointing tbh

Not even gonna cap, almost everything post Falling Devil Arc ( with the exception of a few chapters like the Karaoke one, Death Devil reveal and the one where Baram and Fumiko played the Angel and Devil on his shoulder ) has been pretty average to outright bad

Seriously the quality of this recent arc has been all over the place and it's clear Fujimoto needs a break

Like...Quanxi showing up in the Halloween chapter just to wank her more instead of doing a Death Devil reveal was such a rare Fujimoto L

Also...Denji not having any noticeable physical changes to his devil form after his fear boost ( like gaining Pochita's Forearm bracers like in the Graveyard ) as a way to showcase his power up was another wasted opportunity

Also so many chapters feel rushed and like filler tbh...

Is what I am saying making sense?

this is very late but powers profile gives her average intelligence. i think yoru should have the same, shes not really stupid shes just a belligerent sociopath
Power's profile is very bad. I'd give her below average with a separate rating for combat skill/IQ as well.

Not even gonna cap, almost everything post Falling Devil Arc ( with the exception of a few chapters like the Karaoke one, Death Devil reveal and the one where Baram and Fumiko played the Angel and Devil on his shoulder ) has been pretty average to outright bad

Seriously the quality of this recent arc has been all over the place and it's clear Fujimoto needs a break

Like...Quanxi showing up in the Halloween chapter just to wank her more instead of doing a Death Devil reveal was such a rare Fujimoto L

Also...Denji not having any noticeable physical changes to his devil form after his fear boost ( like gaining Pochita's Forearm bracers like in the Graveyard ) as a way to showcase his power up was another wasted opportunity

Also so many chapters feel rushed and like filler tbh...

Is what I am saying making sense?
I also feel the same. Going back and looking at the earlier chapters you can clearly tell a lot more time and effort went into them as well as their quality. Recent chapters have been seriously lacking in the art and detail areas to the point that I sometimes cant even tell what's going on. The story also seems like it has no idea where it wants to go now, with big reveals being sandwiched between chapters where random stuff just seems to happen for no real reason other than to subvert expectations. I really feel Fujimoto should take a hiatus in order to bring back Chainsawman to the level of quality and detail it once was at, I really miss part 1 storytelling. It seems to me Fuji is either overworked and has no idea really where to take the story, or has grown tired of that level of detail and is simply maintaining at this point. The one saving grace is that these past like 4 chapters FINALLY feel like there going somewhere, so I hope Fuji can keep that up.

Which really sucks too

Since as I said...up to the end of the Falling Devil Arc...I consistently enjoyed the series still lmao

I would say it started to fall off after the Yoshida threatening Denji chapter

And Fujimoto keeps introducing these potentially amazing story lines just to almost immediately discard them after

- From Denji being forced to make the decision of Chainsaw Man or Nayuta ( the first time when the weapon devils were about to kill those kids...but then of course plot device Quanxi bailed him out several times after that dragging the storyline out )

- Denji and the Chainsaw Man Church

- More info on Death Devil and Fami's plans

and so on

I actually love this discussion, because it's exactly how you're supposed to feel— the manga itself is even making fun of us for it, with characters noting how everything feels dreamlike and anticlimactic.

CSM is currently acting as a meta-critique of shonen battle-manga stories, fights are either totally one-sided or skipped, no training arcs, Denji is punished for and now refuses to become Chainsaw Man, the shonen protagonist of Chainsaw Man. The main driving force of the plot is currently a woman (not new for CSM), specifically the female protagonist that other characters (Katana, President-kun) simply file into the role of "Chainsaw Man's woman".

Very excited for what Fujimoto is cooking, the apocalypse is 5 months away.

I actually love this discussion, because it's exactly how you're supposed to feel— the manga itself is even making fun of us for it, with characters noting how everything feels dreamlike and anticlimactic.

CSM is currently acting as a meta-critique of shonen battle-manga stories, fights are either totally one-sided or skipped, no training arcs, Denji is punished for and now refuses to become Chainsaw Man, the shonen protagonist of Chainsaw Man. The main driving force of the plot is currently a woman (not new for CSM), specifically the female protagonist that other characters (Katana, President-kun) simply file into the role of "Chainsaw Man's woman".

Very excited for what Fujimoto is cooking, the apocalypse is 5 months away.
LMAOOOOOOO

Reread early Part 2, some lower-level feats that could be calced are Yoru's Hand Grenade explosion, and Fire-Devil Yuko destroying the school.

Can I see a scan or you can tell me the chapter
98, "Bird and War"

The Fire Devil is probably far higher than the minuscule damage it caused but the Yuko feat seems good, if someone calcs it we can replace it with the current Cockroach Devil feat (Assuming we get 8-C results)
Fire Devil is probably Gun Devil-level.

But yeah, basically nobody scales to Cockroach's barely-not-8-C feat because Denji scales way higher and Fiends like Yoru aren't even Bat Devil-level which got one-shot by Cockroach Devil.

Now that I see it, Pochita has to erase devils through digesting/consuming them right? Killing them isn't enough, as you have to literally digest the devil itself. So, wouldn't this debunk the idea that Denji does NOT have Pochita's concept erasing powers through the fact that people remember the devils he killed (such as the bat and eternity) due to the fact that he's merely killing them and not digesting/consuming them?

Now that I see it, Pochita has to erase devils through digesting/consuming them right? Killing them isn't enough, as you have to literally digest the devil itself. So, wouldn't this debunk the idea that Denji does NOT have Pochita's concept erasing powers through the fact that people remember the devils he killed (such as the bat and eternity) due to the fact that he's merely killing them and not digesting/consuming them?
Nayuta exists and therefore Denji does not have the power to erase Devils that he consumes.

Back