• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Unironically Makima deadass just outboxes.
The death devil arriving to punch her sisters:
WNaHJMg.png

Kishibe and Darkness really seem like they need a new profile the most. Most of the current profiles now have tabbers for their abilities yet those two don't despite being pretty significant characters.

Kishibe and Darkness really seem like they need a new profile the most. Most of the current profiles now have tabbers for their abilities yet those two don't despite being pretty significant characters.
I can fix up Kishibes profile and make a new profile for the Darkness Devil, but the thing is I have no idea how to interpret his abilities correctly, but I'm fine with doing the rest

Darkness Devil rework is in progress, stay tuned also why the **** does it have death manip???

I could also do the references, as I'm decent at that. It'd just be the tabbers I would have trouble with. Are other people allowed to edit your sandbox? If so I might just do the references and maybe some image cleaning and let you fix up the formatting with your skills in formatting.

Because you need to genuinely psychotic to fully believe cannibalizing a person is an act of love.
But doesn't all this establish the idea that the only way for Denji to kill Makima was through an act of love. If it wasn't through love when Denji ate Makima, Kishibe's statement seems to entail that Denji wouldn't have erased her. In other words, dissecting and consuming Makima all the way to the level of her blood wouldn't be enough to kill her according to Kishibe, with it only being through an act of love actually managing to erase her for good. So, doesn't this mean Makima's regeneration is more abstract, like on a conceptual level or something, for her death to only be through love and not through destroying her to that much of a level?

But doesn't all this establish the idea that the only way for Denji to kill Makima was through an act of love. If it wasn't through love when Denji ate Makima, Kishibe's statement seems to entail that Denji wouldn't have erased her. In other words, dissecting and consuming Makima all the way to the level of her blood wouldn't be enough to kill her according to Kishibe, with it only being through an act of love actually managing to erase her for good. So, doesn't this mean Makima's regeneration is more abstract, like on a conceptual level or something, for her death to only be through love and not through destroying her to that much of a level?
None of what you've said here has changed the response I already gave you.

Makima's contract simply did not transform the damage towards Makima because it only transforms attacks, and Denji did not see eating her as an attack. If Denji was normal and saw eating her as an attack, she'd have came back like she did from all other attacks.

I have no idea where you're getting conceptual stuff from.

None of what you've said here has changed the response I already gave you.

Makima's contract simply did not transform the damage towards Makima because it only transforms attacks, and Denji did not see eating her as an attack. If Denji was normal and saw eating her as an attack, she'd have came back like she did from all other attacks.

I have no idea where you're getting conceptual stuff from.
This is what I mean. Doesn't this mean that Makima can regenerate from any wound in general, no matter how piercing they are, even decimating the level of her cells and atomic structure, as long as they are an attack (since just eating Makima at the level of her blood wouldn't work, as it had to be love). And so, Makima's regeneration should be immensely upgraded?

This is what I mean. Doesn't this mean that Makima can regenerate from any wound in general, no matter how piercing they are, even decimating the level of her cells and atomic structure, as long as they are an attack (since just eating Makima at the level of her blood wouldn't work, as it had to be love). And so, Makima's regeneration should be immensely upgraded?
that level of regeneration is only mid-high

shouldn't angel be comparable physically to weaker fiends, like power and beam, and to the average devil hunter since he is a devil?

her regen is already mid-high, which means coming back from being completely evaporated. it could only be higher if makima regenerated from a few atoms, and denji eating her would leave behind a lot more than that

It's not regeneration. If it was it'd probably get Mid-High passed at best, but theoretically you could call it Low-Godly at maximum.

her regen is already mid-high, which means coming back from being completely evaporated. it could only be higher if makima regenerated from a few atoms, and denji eating her would leave behind a lot more than that
But doesn't Kishibe's statement seem to entail that Makima can regenerate from just Mid-High levels of consuming or higher if Denji hadn't eaten her as love? And in general, doesn't it seem to entail that eating Makima at such a level wouldn't work in-universe and it had to be an act of love?

But doesn't Kishibe's statement seem to entail that Makima can regenerate from just Mid-High levels of consuming or higher if Denji hadn't eaten her as love?
denji eating makima (if it was an attack) wouldn’t be enough to bypass mid-high regen anyways
And in general, doesn't it seem to entail that eating Makima at such a level wouldn't work in-universe and it had to be an act of love?
yeah. so?

I'm seeing Mid-High, but I'm not seeing the Low-Godly I'm interested on your reasoning why tho
Just the idea that no physical attack would work & would be transferred, undoing the attack. Purely theoretical, but the argument has merit since she isn't actually healing or arguable resurrecting, the attack is simply being changed into something else and undone.

But doesn't Kishibe's statement seem to entail that Makima can regenerate from just Mid-High levels of consuming or higher if Denji hadn't eaten her as love? And in general, doesn't it seem to entail that eating Makima at such a level wouldn't work in-universe and it had to be an act of love?
Hence why Makima has Mid-High on her profile at all.

mid-high regen
It's not regen :3 I'm gonna be annoying about this until I condition every supporter into saying damage transferral

Just the idea that no physical attack would work & would be transferred, undoing the attack. Purely theoretical, but the argument has merit since she isn't actually healing or arguable resurrecting, the attack is simply being changed into something else and undone.
That makes sense, but would it fall under NLF?

If Makima's contract was only Regen the blood on her clothes(and the blood weapons that were inside her body) wouldn't disappear when she fought against power

Hence why Makima has Mid-High on her profile at all.

I'm confused, you seem to be agreeing with me when I say that if Denji just ate Makima, then Makima would have survived without something abstract like love. Then shouldn't this mean Makima can survive atomic deconstructions itself if it wasn't an act of love? Like how Kishibe states that if it wasn't an act of love, Makima would survive and regenerate from getting incinerated to the biological level?
denji eating makima (if it was an attack) wouldn’t be enough to bypass mid-high regen anyways

I'm confused, you seem to be agreeing with me when I say that if Denji just ate Makima, then Makima would have survived without something abstract like love. Then shouldn't this mean Makima can survive atomic deconstructions itself if it wasn't an act of love? Like how Kishibe states that if it wasn't an act of love, Makima would survive and regenerate from getting incinerated to the biological level?
Yes that's what he is trying to say, what you are describing grants her Mid-High regen when is already enlisted on her profile

Denji defeating Makima by viewing cannibalizing her as an act of love instead of an attack does not introduce a conceptual element to Makima's Contract with the Japanese Prime Minister.

It just means that he accidentally found the loophole in her Contract.

I remind you that her Contract states "All attacks against me are changed into appropriate accidents and illnesses among Japanese Citizens." The loophole is that what her Contract transfers to Japanese Citizens is not "damage Makima takes", but specifically "attacks against Makima".

Since Denji did not perceive eating Makima as an attack, the Contract did not activate, since it only transfers attacks.

Denji defeating Makima by viewing cannibalizing her as an act of love instead of an attack does not introduce a conceptual element to Makima's Contract with the Japanese Prime Minister.

It just means that he accidentally found the loophole in her Contract.

I remind you that her Contract states "All attacks against me are changed into appropriate accidents and illnesses among Japanese Citizens." The loophole is that what her Contract transfers to Japanese Citizens is not "damage Makima takes", but specifically "attacks against Makima".

Since Denji did not perceive eating Makima as an attack, the Contract did not activate, since it only transfers attacks.
I know this, but, as you said, if Denji didn't view this as love, him cannabilizing her wouldn't have worked, even if you consume her at her biological level. What I'm saying is, if Denji didn't view cannabilizing or destroying Makima as an act of love, how do we know there is a limit to the possibility that Makima can just keep regenerating no matter how destructive the attack decimates her?

I know this, but, as you said, if Denji didn't view this as love, him cannabilizing her wouldn't have worked, even if you consume her at her biological level. What I'm saying is, if Denji didn't view cannabilizing or destroying Makima as an act of love, how do we know there is a limit to the possibility that Makima can just keep regenerating no matter how destructive the attack decimates her?
We don't know if there's a limit, I mentioned that here, but to assert the theoretical limit would be NLF.

If there really isn't a physical limit to Makima's Contract, it'd be Low-Godly level.

Back