• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changing True Form Darkseid's Nigh-Omnipresence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I thought it would be a good idea to address this particular topic on Darkseid (Pre-Flashpoint) profile: Nigh-Omnipresent (Merged with all of existence)

That's not what the scan says, Darkseid had complete control over the Anti-Life Equation at this point and under the influence of the equation, individuals were extensions of Darkseid's will. It's the Hive Mind on a massive scale rather than Darkseid's LITERAL merging with existence. It should be like this:

Unknown, Multilocation with the Anti-Life Equation (Under the influence of the Anti-Life Equation, everyone was an extension of Darkseid's will, all one with Darkseid)

Last edited:
I don't see how merging with everyone is a literal feat of Darkseid when all he did was take everyone's will. He proclaims everything will fall to him as he drags them down to the singularity which all will be Darkseid. That's not merging everyone and everything as a state of Nigh-Omnipresence. The rest looks fine.

I don't see how merging with everyone is a literal feat of Darkseid when all he did was take everyone's will. He proclaims everything will fall to him as he drags them down to the singularity which all will be Darkseid. That's not merging everyone and everything as a state of Nigh-Omnipresence. The rest looks fine.
Yes, Darkseid didn't merge with everyone or everyone. Everyone's will was Darkseid's as a hive mind, hence the reason for "pseudo nigh-omnipresence with the Anti-Life Equation".

Do they allow a pseudo version of that?
Well, the Multilocation page says that it can be related, but not limited, to Avatar Creation, Hive Mind, and high levels of Duplication and Large Size. To qualify for this ability, a single character or entity must be able to extend their physical or incorporeal presence over more than one location indefinitely, and have their consciousness spreaded all over said places, actively or passively, instead of being focused only in a single spot, such as a brain or a core.

Darkseid was spreading his consciousness or will to everyone and thus was everywhere at once through them. This is not true nigh-omnipresence, either we should add Unknown, pseudo Nigh-Omnipresence with the Anti-Life Equation or simply replace Nigh-Omnipresence for Unknown.

Darkseid was spreading his consciousness or will to everyone and thus was everywhere at once through them. This is not true nigh-omnipresence, either we should add Unknown, pseudo Nigh-Omnipresence with the Anti-Life Equation or simply replace Nigh-Omnipresence for Unknown.
To make it easier, I feel just Unknown is better.

My reason is that “pseudo nigh-omnipresent” doesn't really make sense. Like pseudo-omnipresent has a sort of understanding that you're not actually truly omnipresent, not unlike nigh-omnipresent.

So to say “pseudo-nigh-omnipresent” is saying “false” not omnipresent which doesn't make sense as that's already highlighted by nigh-omnipresent or pseudo-omnipresent.

My reason is that “pseudo nigh-omnipresent” doesn't really make sense. Like pseudo-omnipresent has a sort of understanding that you're not actually truly omnipresent, not unlike nigh-omnipresent.

So to say “pseudo-nigh-omnipresent” is saying “false” not omnipresent which doesn't make sense as that's already highlighted by nigh-omnipresent or pseudo-omnipresent.
I can understand your point, yes, but in this context, Darkseid was only nigh-omnipresent through those under the influence of the Anti-Life Equation who were extensions of Darkseid's will. Maybe that "Unknown, likely Nigh-Omnipresent with the Anti-Life Equation" would be better.

Why are there so many DC and Marvel CTR's but most of them don't get applied?
It's kinda annoying.

The page seems to be unlocked already:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back