• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charizard vs Esdeath

Charizard has both superior firepower and a type advantage over Esdeath.

However, Esdeath is faster.

I'd say Esdeath, but high difficulty.

Charizard via better mobility and the fact he literally can melt all of Esdeath's ice attacks with ease.

Not to mention, he can inhibit her sight with Smokescreen and fire off a Heat Wave, she's getting incinerated.

Talonmask said:
Charizard via better mobility and the fact he literally can melt all of Esdeath's ice attacks with ease.
Not to mention, he can inhibit her sight with Smokescreen and fire off a Heat Wave, she's getting incinerated.
You realize the speed gap, right?

I wouldn't be talking in this thread if I didn't?

I came to the conclusion regardless, her attacks meaning nothing to an opponent she can't reach or because all of her attacks are going to melt.

She can't dodge something she can't really see either. (Smokescreen and Heat Wave)

All of his speed is HHS. All of Esdeaths speed is MHS. He can't put up smokescreen before she attacks. And if her ice attacks fail, her physical strength was enough to hurt Tatsumi inside his armor, which is Small Town level.

Drellix said:
All of his speed is HHS. All of Esdeaths speed is MHS. He can't put up smokescreen before she attacks. And if her ice attacks fail, her physical strength was enough to hurt Tatsumi inside his armor, which is Small Town level.
He can fly, she won't be touching him.

And? The AP gap is minimal, and it's not like Esdeath is going to appreciate being subjected to heat that can melt boulders.

So is it assumed he is already in the air?

So she's just going to back off from the fight? No. She won't care. Anyway her ice has withstood a MCB blow and was only pushed, never destroyed. Not even cracked. It should be able to withstand some heat.

It's better than assuming Esdeath is instantly rushing Charizard right from the get go.

Except that Charizard is not MCB, a concentrated flamethrower will likely melt the ice.

Talonmask said:
It's better than assuming Esdeath is instantly rushing Charizard right from the get go.
Except that Charizard is not MCB, a concentrated flamethrower will likely melt the ice.
No. It's not. Unless specified otherwise, there is no reason to assume he's already in the air.

Either way, nothing is stopping her from rushing in and spamming.

No. It's not. Unless specified otherwise, there is no reason to assume he's already in the air.

Either way, nothing is stopping her from rushing in and spamming.

There's nothing stopping him from getting in the air and doing the same from a safe distance?

Yes. The fact that he is at the most Mach 50 while she is Mach 286. Quite the gap in speed.

EDIT: My bad it's 292.

Well, if the speed gap is so large then speed will need to be equalized, which basically gets rid of Esdeath's only real advantage.

Back