• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cheap Fighting Game Bosses (Shao Kahn vs M. Bison)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the AP and according to Shao's profile his power was multiplied by souls, so Bison shouldn't be able to AP stomp due to him scaling far above the Kintaro feat.

Base M. Bison (8-B) vs Amped with Souls Shao Kahn (At least High 8-C)

Speed Equalized

Both are in character, and have basic knowledge on each other

Both fight in a destroyed city, and start 20 meters apart

Shao Kahn:

M. Bison: 2

Friendship? Again?:

Last edited:
Shao never starts with soul absorption, he only does it at times to defeated enemies or to people that usually are much weaker than him, or whose powers directly depend on him.

That said, I'm not sure for ap, Shao is Large Building+ for upscaling from 2.5 tons, I believe, and should be are 6.5/7 tons for bare minimum to have the + and the amp he received from the souls, while Bison was able to toy with Juri, who performed the 48 tons feat casually; isn't the ap gap too high?

From what? Iirc the two large building level calcs are the 2.5 tons wall busting and 3.4 ship explosion (in the same blog, I forgot to mention the ship in the previous post).
But to have the + sign you have to be at least 6.5 tons, and it seems already a generous upscaling from the feat currently used.

@Ecstasy_Amphetamine Is there some calc or thing we are missing?

I thought Shao in later keys does lead with soul manip tho, tho tbf if he's already amped he's probably not gonna bother I guess

I admittedly haven't finished MK11 story mode (I started it two days ago) but in all MK history I recall from past games and the beginning of MK11, Shao Kahn always goes for melee combat, even when he's about to lose, he does soul-hax stuff only off screen or to people either weaker or dependant on him.

Ok, then I'm quitting this thread to avoid spoilers on MK11.

I wouldn't be too sure about Shao's superior skill though, I have often seen people bringing up his long life, but Shao has lost to people with a far shorter life and is used to overpower his opponent with his brute strength, much like Goro, who is the champion of multiple "editions" or the Mortal Kombat throughout hundres of years, yet has lost repeteadly to various opponents much younger than him, and was most likely used to just overpower his enemies.

Shao is also extremely overconfident, btw.

He is overconfident, but not as much as Shao Kahn, for who is in-character to mock the opponents mid-battle or let the rage take him over.

From what? Iirc the two large building level calcs are the 2.5 tons wall busting and 3.4 ship explosion (in the same blog, I forgot to mention the ship in the previous post).
But to have the + sign you have to be at least 6.5 tons, and it seems already a generous upscaling from the feat currently used.

Is there some calc or thing we are missing?
We don't use the High 8-C calcs without the plus anymore. The 6.6 tons calc with Raiden's lightning feat and Cetrion's bridge feat is what we're using.

Its probably not a one shot, plus Shao has LS and soul hax he can use. Is that a vote for Bison?

You can count it as yes.

Bison is just vastly stronger AP wise and pretty much same skilled.

Shao may try soul hax but it's not have a high chance that he would try to use it on Bison.

I'm catching up with MK11 story, but until now I just found further confirmations of Shao Kahn not using soul hax, like, never, not even while on the brink of death and while in heavy disadvantage, which still makes me question if he can really do it against people that aren't either extremely weaker than him or reliant on him for their own power.

That said, Bison could toy with Juri, who performed the 8-B feat casually, meaning that he would totally stomp Shao Kahn given the difference that already approaches the oneshot. And knowing Shao's personality, I see it very likely for him to start feeling hate towards Bison (Shao hates, like, everyone but himself and Sindel), empowering him.

LS means nothing, Bison can teleport, release his aura, create forcefields, fly and more, he's not getting pinned down or restrained in a grip.

And Bison is also far more skilled than Shao in combat, MK11 also confirms through Shang Tsung's words what we see in the games, i.e. that Shao has a huge ego and lacks in skill and relies on brute power, but is an easy prey to more skilled fighters such as Liu Kang, Kitana, Kotal Kahn and perhaps more in the future. Bison on his side has his own skill feats, which totally put him above Shao.

Lastly, Shao's style relies a lot on brute force, as he is physically superior to many opponents, but has difficult against more acrobatic and agile opponents (as seen against Kitana and Liu) and logically is at enourmous disadvantage against someone who dwarves him in AP and dura.

Despite how much I like Shao (he's actually my favorite MK character) I really don't see how he could win this battle, it just looks unfair to me.

Last edited:
In DB: Shao stomped and ripped apart Bison.
Nowadays: S: I don't like you, weakling.
*Rushes into Bison but just got stopped.
B: Like I do...
*Makes a hole on Shao's body by a single punch.

I finished MK11 story, they did a bit more of justice to his skill in Aftermath (making it inconsistent) but that's not nearly as sufficient to make him able to overcome one who can almost (or straight up can) oneshot him with casual attacks.

I think this is just a stomp, I don't see what Shao can even do to win.

I finished MK11 story, they did a bit more of justice to his skill in Aftermath (making it inconsistent) but that's not nearly as sufficient to make him able to overcome one who can almost (or straight up can) oneshot him with casual attacks.

I think this is just a stomp, I don't see what Shao can even do to win.
The only option is maybe to bloodlust him, but even then not feels close.

May Shao can be changed to Kronika?

Bloodlusted Shao is pretty much the same as normal, his soul hax has never been seen working in offensive ways against people comparable to let alone much stronger than him, nor he has ever used it as such, making it questionable he can use it for battle and not just to craft beings or bestow strength and manipulate the powers of those much weaker and dependant on him.

I'm afraid Kronika just time stops GG, unlike MK deities M. Bison isn't immune to her time shenanigans.

I mentioned it, Shang Tsung received his power from Shao Kahn in the first place (go to 43:14 and 1:25:19) so he just took back what he already owned.

Pretty sure MK3's entire plot is that he stole the soul of the entire population of earth, either way Bison has no resistance

Bloodlusting Kahn would probably make this a stomp for Kahn since he'd lead with soul hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back