• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cheap Fighting Game Bosses (Shao Kahn vs M. Bison)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK3 isn't a factor here, this is new timeline Shao Kahn. (and we'd still need to see more context on how Shao Kah acted in all the old timeline games, which I partyl don't remember and partly don't know)

Pretty sure MK3's entire plot is that he stole the soul of the entire population of earth, either way Bison has no resistance
yes but no.

If I get things right, we still don't know for what timeframe he did that and definitely not passively.

I'd assume Shao's soul manip would scale above Shang Tsungs who can steal a soul pretty fast too

The events happened, but the context was different, we separate new and old timeline as a whole in terms of Stats, characterization and P&A.

And to do something similar in the new timeline Shao needed the help of Quan Chi, who casted the Soulnado (which required preparation)

Old timeline characters will receive profiles with their own scaling, stats and stuff at some point.

I'd assume Shao's soul manip would scale above Shang Tsungs who can steal a soul pretty fast too
Not necessarily, we don't know if Shao can use soul hax in that way, we never saw him doing it and stealing souls is what Shang does better (and always).

Besides, Shang always needs to either defeat, incapacitate or restrain the opponent before performing actual soul stealing (instead of just copying the "essence").

Shang tsung despite of being weaker than Shao knows a lot of stuff, more intelligent and as we know in Mk 11 aftermath:
He is very underestimated by everyone on the verse, seriously several characters several times said to him something like: "Shut up, you're just Sorcerer!"

Should I get this closed then? I'm not really interested in changing out Shao for someone else since it wouldn't be thematic anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back