• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CHERENKOV RADIATION

TWILIGHT-OP

He/Him
So I was on web and found that's there stuff called Cherenkov Radiation.
Cherenkov radiation happens when electrically charged particles, such as protons or electrons, travel faster than light in a clear medium like water. When this happens, the water molecules and particles interact to give off light.
Do anyone knows about this?

So I was on web and found that's there stuff called Cherenkov Radiation.

Do anyone knows about this?
what do you mean "does anyone know about this", you've posted a definition of it there
when particles are excited enough to outspeed the value of c in a given medium (i.e a proton exceeding the speed of light through water), it makes the light equivalent of a sonic boom

Ok nvm I did a a lil bit research, u are not wrong
But that charged particle can only travel ftl in water. Idk if they do same in vaccum or not 🤔

Ok nvm I did a a lil bit research, u are not wrong
But that charged particle can only travel ftl in water. Idk if they do same in vaccum or not 🤔
They don't. The whole thing is, they achieve relativistic speed, but in water it also surpasses the speed of light. In vacuum SoL is supreme

Back