• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chucky downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chucky is 9-C but most of his feats aren't accurate.

1) He never cut a man in half. It also says he can easily decapitate people which isn't true. The only time he directly decapitated someone was when he had help from Tiffany and they used a sharp and thin wire. And even then the only reason they managed to do that was because they got the jump on him. It's not something he would be able to do in direct combat.

2) He cannot dodge gunfire. He has been shot dozens of times in the series.

3) In general isn't a very capable fighter in direct combat. In a one-on-one fight he was overpowered by Karen and adult Andy who are both just average adults. He couldn't manage to kill teenage Andy and his friends either. Most of Chucky's killings are because of how he sneaks around and uses different things around him to advantage. He can easily be thrown and kicked around because he's ultimately just a doll which is supported by the fact that he can be overpowered by average adults in direct combat and his main strategy being to take people by surprise. If a average man and Chucky ran at each other, the man could just pin him to the ground and tear Chucky apart. I know that because that was basically Chucky's fight with adult Andy in Cult. Overall, I'd say he's probably in the 10 tier. Possibly 10-C at most 10-B.

Also what about durability? I mean he can take bullets and such, but iirc they still hurt him. He does, however, seem like a stone wall. Also probably should have a storm calc for his Environmental Destruction. Isn't combat applicable, but other profiles have calcs for storms and he does indeed create them. Also if he doesn't have it already, he should have the weakness that his spells require time.

Also while I agree with the downgrade, I would say that just because he can be punted around don't mean he isn't strong. It is because he doesn't weigh much.

He really needs proof on his page for these feats. He has strength, it's just that he doesn't weigh much.

Also, He doesnt tank bullets, he simply survives being shot and stabbed which isn't a durability feat. The bullets and knives easily go in.

For Chucky's durability:

ChuckyDurability

Is that consistent? Considering he has been held back by regular humans before.

Sir Ovens said:
Is that consistent? Considering he has been held back by regular humans before.
He effectively weighs as much as a small child (reminder, he has organs), so being punted wouldn't be hard.

Him being held back isn't really correct, as he overpowers people if he gets his hands on them, he wouldn't be able to choke people out the way he does if he was really weak, it all has to do with his size.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Not sure the comics are canon.
It's the official Child's Play comic though.

Modernmyrmidon said:
Also keep in mind that Chucky was defeated by Glen/Glenda who was a child in the body of a doll.
Glen used the axe to kill Chucky, who was proud of him in doing so.

Even so, the feat isn't amazing, as Chucky is a doll (though idk how far at that moment he is in becoming human). Also it does just lays chucky out, so idk if he is conscious or not. Seemed like he didn't tank it anyway.

Even so, the feat isn't amazing, as Chucky is a doll (though idk how far at that moment he is in becoming human). Also it does just lays chucky out, so idk if he is conscious or not. Seemed like he didn't tank it anyway.
He's bleeding, so at that point he'd have to have organs.

He retained consciousness, he was perfectly fine in the following panel.

One, seems to be a bit of a time gap. Two, he gets harmed by a child.
It's the first panel of the next chapter, so yes, but there's no implication he was unconscious at all.

Being hit doesn't mean being harmed, his trying to keep up the facade of being a regular doll.

Non-argument, what doll produces spit?

It's the first panel of the next chapter, so yes, but there's no implication he was unconscious at all.

Being hit doesn't mean being harmed, his trying to keep up the facade of being a regular doll.

Non-argument, what doll produces spit?

No implication he wasn't though.

When he says ow, yeah, he was harmed.

I literally said "but doesn't really matter" as in yeah he isn't a doll anymore.

Besides not trying to come off as alive to the people that just ran him over?

Being hurt from being smacked still doesn't disagree with the feat, as an average human being struck by a moving car is still 9-C, it's in human capability.

I don't understand why it was brought up then.

Don't understand what you mean.

So the kid with a newspaper is 9-C? Also chucky isn't really average human iirc, as he is smaller, has a high pain tolerance, and does he have bones? I can't remember. Also he is harmed by 9-C things all the time like guns and melee weapons. Reason he tends to survive is Immortality (Type 2) and Pain Tolorance.

Cause it was interesting.

Don't understand what you mean.

So the kid with a newspaper is 9-C? Also chucky isn't really average human iirc, as he is smaller, has a high pain tolerance, and does he have bones? I can't remember. Also he is harmed by 9-C things all the time like guns and melee weapons. Reason he tends to survive is Immortality (Type 2) and Pain Tolorance.

Cause it was interesting.
Chucky has always feigned being a regular doll to avoid confrontation, this is something regular for him.

I just said a regular person could survive what he did and it be 9-C, it's on the regular feats page. Him being grumpy over being hit by the teenager is hardly the anti-feat and doesn't have to make the other person that tier.

True, but as I stated, Chucky is easily harmed by weapons this level.
Being harmed by 9-C things doesn't really refute having 9-C durability, it's in your tier.

EDIT: The feat isn't even that high into 9-C because of Chucky's weight.

The first post seems to make sense to me.

Yeah but my question is should his tier be. changed at all? Because tge first post's poster said they agreed with the downgrade.

It does not seem that way, but for what it is worth, I apparently accepted the first post.

Perhaps, if progress isn't made after some time here, knowledgeable members, &/or notable users involved with this, &/or staff should be contacted?

You can ask a few staff members if you wish.

Okay. That is probably fine then.

Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back