• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Civilization Battle! The Galactic Empire vs the Zerg Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
I think this is the first civilization battle since we updated the profiles...

So, here we go. StarCraft vs Star Wars! The Zerg Swarm tries to bring down the Galactic Empire. Can the primal force of the Zerg bring down the Military force of the Empire?

Rules:

The Zerg's Hive Mind leader cannot attack directly, only control and direct.

The Galactic Empire can't use Sun Crusher.

So which force wins this? I really don't know how this will go or be debated, so this will be interesting.

Galactic Empire: 0

Zerg Swarm: 6 (Kepekley, DerpCity, DarkDragonMedeus, Heilergott, TheSandman, Eganergo)

Inconclusive: 0

How many of the 19 kilometer capital ships do the Galactic Empire have? Those seem like big issues if there are a lot of them.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Call Evah here.

But they have a lot of Star Destroyers.
Already called Ever :)

The Star Destroyers could be taken out by the Brood Lords, Sourge or Corruptors. Only 5+ kilometer ships are going to be a problem for the Zerg.

On average, a Star Destroyer is 1-2 kilometers long and they have tens of thousands of them. The 10+ kilometer long ones are for stuff like the Eclipse or the Conqueror.

Frankly, Soldier Blue probably knows more about military capabilities of Star Wars, I mainly focus on the Force aspects.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Star Destroyer have firepower that rivals the best the Swarm has. High 6-A single shots even in canon.
It looks like only the Conquerer and Eclipse have Superlasers. And they would be massive targets if they are 10 km long and are one-shotting entire Leviathans.

I'm not sure numbers is going to win you a battle like this.

Hell, how many of these Zerg are infantry? I know there's probably not an exact answer but if you're fighting mostly fodder... well it kinda adds up.

The Everlasting said:
I'm not sure numbers is going to win you a battle like this.

Hell, how many of these Zerg are infantry? I know there's probably not an exact answer but if you're fighting mostly fodder... well it kinda adds up.
The majority are infantry. That said they aren't completely unusable. Leviathans can fire off pods of infantry that will explode on contact and release Zerg into an area. The Leviathan's tentacles are hollow and when they impale something they can spew in infantry like a sea of teeth and claws.

Like this but instead of a several meter hole it is a several hundred meter hole.

I mean, look at the ratio.

I vaguely remember the GE having 10-100 quadrillion people. That would lend them the win. But if we're talking low trillions, this is a ratio of millions of Zerg for each person here.

That's a lot.

Low-trillions is a lowball. There are single planets in the Star Wars galaxy with populations of single-digit trillions.

Yeah but again, the infantry is mostly fodder. A single ISD alone would take out massive chunks of them at a time.

The Everlasting said:
Yeah but again, the infantry is mostly fodder. A single ISD alone would take out massive chunks of them at a time.
How is an ISD going to hit them? I thought this was a space battle.

If this is a multi-planet ground and space battle, the Zerg slaughter. The spread their creep and virus to wipe out entire planets within hours and add the soldiers of the fallen to their own ranks.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Star Wars population seems lowballed. Should be hundreds of trillions I feel.
The population of Coruscant alone is several trillion even in Canon.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on StarCraft. But I can offer some comments

Those Leviathans look impressive. They could possibly quickly take down imperial capital ships if they get close enough. Actually fly under the deflector screens and harm the ships directly. If the capital ships don't obliterate them with their heavy turbolasers in time.

As for the infantry, they are impressive. I imagine they'd tear through imperial stromtroopers as well as Wookiees can. They'd only have trouble once you get to the toughest Dark Troopers.

What kind of ground vehicles do the Zerg have? Because in Legends, the empire has AT-AT variants comparable to this thing from Cano and countless millions of the regular AT-AT.

Assaltwaffle said:
If this is a multi-planet ground and space battle, the Zerg slaughter. The spread their creep and virus to wipe out entire planets within hours and add the soldiers of the fallen to their own ranks.
That's impressive. If the Leviathans can keep the imperial capital ships from wasting a planet's surface, then this could help them in the long run.

For reference: A small fleet of Providence-class warships lead by Grievous life-wiped and slagged the surface of the planet Humbarine in just an hour (Legends). And the Providence is fodder compared to an Imperial-class star destroyer.

@Soldier

Vehicles? None. Siege beasts? Maybe 1 for every 100 Zerglings. Siege Beasts can range from Lurkers, which burrow underground and cause the ground to erupt into a line of spikes, to Ultralisks, nigh-indestructable tank creatures that can tear through metal like paper mache.

Hydralisks are larger ranged support, and usually come sparingly with the Zerglings. There are others, but these units will compose the framework for the Zerg's ground forces.

I mean, Ultralisks are also High 6-C for being able to resist a ~380 gigaton nuke without a scratch. I'm not sure even the AT-M6 can scratch the Ultralisk, considering that according to the calc of the durability that its AP is based on its only ~1.25 gigatons (unless I looked at the wrong thing, which is possible I guess), and smaller zerg should rip apart Stormtroopers and possibly get into vehicles. I'd say the Zerg pretty effortlessly win the ground war if the Empire's ships aren't able to get involved.

@DerpCity

Yes, the AT-M6's turbolaser is scaled to 1.25 Gigatons. Even if you downplay it, should still be in the ballpark of hundreds of Megatons.

@Assaltwaffle

Okay, those Ultralisks are damn impressive. If they can get up close to the walkers, they would tear through them easily. Even if you wank walker durability, they're not getting above 7-B.

By the way, what do the Zerg have that can take on the TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, and TIE Defender?

@Soldier

Mutalisks, Corruptors, and, if need be, Scourge. And yes, despite them using wings, they do achieve spaceflight.

@Assalt Was it ever decided on what tier Mutalisks/Corruptors/Etc are? It doesn't seem like we have pages fore them, and I fear they might not be up to snuff with the TIE-Ships.

Meanwhile, Scourge are incredibly mass producable to the point that Leviathans use them as weapons. I'm certain they'd make liberal use of them if they realize they have to.

DerpCity said:
@Assalt Was it ever decided on what tier Mutalisks/Corruptors/Etc are? It doesn't seem like we have pages fore them, and I fear they might not be up to snuff with the TIE-Ships.

Meanwhile, Scourge are incredibly mass producable to the point that Leviathans use them as weapons. I'm certain they'd make liberal use of them if they realize they have to.
I still don't know where the Mutas need to end up. I do think Scourge are the best option.

@Soldier

They are living bombs. If they touch something, they explode and destroy everything near them with brutally potent acid capable of bringing down 5 kilometer Gorgon Battlecruisers.

Assaltwaffle said:
They are living bombs. If they touch something, they explode and destroy everything near them with brutally potent acid capable of bringing down 5 kilometer Gorgon Battlecruisers.
If they can avoid TIE swarms and point defence weaponry, they could be a problem for the Imperial Navy's capital ships (which are actually known for poor point defence).

How fast can they get in space though? Starfighters have feats ranging from Mach 1000+ to 0.08c in both Canon and Legends for space flight.

IIRC, the Zergs numbers were roughly in the Quintillions based on our estimations; and the reproductive system is absolutely massive. Anyway, Zergs come in wide varieties, to building ramming Zerglings, flying Mutalisks, kamikaze Banelines, Banelings, Banelings WOAH! (Sings the NERD AlERT parody), 12-13 foot tall Hydralisks, and much more. The Defilers can also cause plagues that destroy entire masses and can even bust High 6-C ships casually, thanks to that said plague.

And as mentioned above, Ultralisks scale to 380 Gigaton nukes, with the Brutalisks and Omegalisks being even bigger and stronger. Anyway, the Star Destroyers are definitely the Zergs biggest threats here, but I think their mass in numbers and reproductive system may more than make up for that. I'm leaning towards the Zerg here for those reasons.

I meant to say Gigaton, and edited comment. The things long work shifts do to the mind.

Wait, I didn't realize Scourge were High 6-A. Shouldn't they have been nerfed to High 6-C along with the rest of the capital ships?

@Soldier I honestly have no idea how fast they are in space. In one cutscene its suggested that Overlords and Mutalisks, the latter of which the scourge are comparable to in speed both in game and in cutscenes, could travel between planets in a reasonable amount of time, but we aren't given a timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back