• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tooru's abilities get shut down, and he is nowhere even close to being physically as strong as Clarissa, what does he even do here?

Speaking of Clarissa, really need to clean the profile up.

Regardless their abilities get shut down, not seeming fair, smurf vs non-smurf.

Of topic how many chapters does Part 8 have, read 50 chapters in and was waiting for it to be done, which it is, so have to find some time to finish it, idk when that's gonna happen though,

Tooru's ability is a completely separate entity. Plus I'm assuming you mean rank disparity? The scan explicitly says it allows a higher rank magician to shut down a lower rank (in which case it should be limited power null if anything), what's the comparative on that?

Over a hundred. It's the longest part by far.

Last edited:
As i said her profile isn't that good right now, see my blog for more info. To make a long explanation short, RDE makes extinct anything that is not a purely physical/scientific phenomenon, anything that goes against the laws of physics etc.

It's a magical law that shuts down all magical phenomena, magical being a very broad thing in verse.

Longest part? I remember other parts being like 150-160 chapters, though i forgot about their page count, while Jojolion is monthly so i assume the others are like 20 pages, and Jojolion is double that, so would make sense.

And would "bad things" be considered that? In the context of Jojo and Arakis own weird beliefs, WoU, or well, the thing he represents is a completely natural phenomena, that being "Calamity", which is just a cool word for "ow I tripped on a rock" or "damn I got sick and I'm gonna die in ten years ****".

I guess you could say he's a supernatural entity that embodies a "natural concept".

Speaking of, how does she kill WoU? Between needing some enhanced NPI, being abstract and type 8 immortality, I see nothing on her profile that'd allow that. (Killing Tooru does **** all fyi, think of WoU like Notorious Big).

If WoU is a supernatural entity that embodies a concept, then yea it's abilities would be shut down. In Mahou appararitions are also natural phenomena just like a tornado or lightning, they are laws/concepts of the world.

Regardless they are considered mystical entities, natural isn't really meant as whether something is a part of the system of the world or whatever. Think of it this way, can WoU as an entity be explained by science, the physical interactions between objects? If no then it's other, physical laws don't explain it, magical ones have to, as everything that's not understood by science, is magical.

Everybody in mahou can interact with concepts as magic is conceptual, damage it sure, killing it now is a different question. I don't think she can, too bad she isn't a magician, who certainly can since magicians can kill apparitions who are laws of the world.

And 27 volumes total.

And >explained by science the interactions between objects.

Yes but you probably mean in a different way.

If she can't actually kill him then it's a inconclusive or mismatch. Because killing the user doesn't stop WoU, you need to kill him directly, either through using logic transcendental bullshit or the usual way of getting rid of what he embodies, which I doubt is feasible.

Ok so, this power null shit, is it automatic? Or does the user have to actively use it?

Simply from the characters presence on the battlefield, all abilities of their opponent is shut down, so yea automatic.

Looks inconclusive to me, amusing how Wou similiar is to apparitions, which are explicitly stated that ppl like Clarissa, Jilbert etc can't beat, as only a magician can do that, hence why they just dipped when the apparitions showed up, and Suimei, a magician, destroyed them.

Yeah but do they like, turn it on? Or go into battle with it up? It isn't like a lower rank dude can't use anything at all in the presence of one, like does it **** over their weaker allies too? Or in a noncombative scenario?

I can fight as a magician, for sure. I’ve followed along with all your battles, after all. You’ve even taught me about dealing with mystical calamities and such. But when it comes to fighting alongside high-ranking magicians, I’m still anxious...” Suimei’s voice quietly trailed off at the end. Really, it was perfectly natural for him to feel pressure under such circumstances. Regardless of whether they were foes or allies, there was a magic law known as “rank disparity extinction” that came into play when low-ranking and high-ranking magicians shared the battlefield. Low-ranking magicka would always be shut down by high-ranking magicka. Effectively, it was made extinct within the domain of a high-ranking magician.-Volume 6, Prologue

This answers your question, Suimei was anxious about fighting with high ranking magicians, precisely cause just being on the battlefield, even though they are allies, he wouldn't be able to do anything.

As for your noncombative scenario, makes no difference, essentially the characters have laws as apart of them, RDE being one such law, Suimei can't even touch advance technology like computers, cause his body which has mystical laws, messes up things that works via physical laws.

And what's the range on this power null?

Hundreds of kilometers? The cultist from back in Suimei world set up a barrier that big, and that's where Lefille and co fought, could be wrong.

Don't really have time to deep dive how far it extends, ultimately doesn't make much difference does it, once someone actually attacks, the attack just be nulled when it comes towards them.

Anyway going to bed now.

Yeah it’s effectively a AoE things that nulls the phenomena weather they were manifested from inside of it or outside of it.

The ranges more less depends on the mana-field of the user which is their effective range so it probably is those hundreds of kilometers.

Actually, doesn’t this come down to stamina? What’s wonder of U’s stamina outside of his calamity ability which is rendered useless?

Actually, doesn’t this come down to stamina? What’s wonder of U’s stamina outside of his calamity ability which is rendered useless?
May as well be Infinite, he's a long range automatic tracking Stand, unless the user dies, which doesn't apply in this case as he's a post-humous Stand, he's basically like Notorius BIG.

may as well? So it’s not? I’m not gmail at with JoJo I wouldn’t know what a long range automatic stand means for stamina but the other thing ain’t really related to the stamina im talking about.

Yes, an automatic Stand doesn't have stamina in the general sense. It just does what it does, and will do so forever untill called back, only death or being called back cease their action. That's one of the main selling points of those types, they only follow simple commands, but will act and perform that action no matter how long it takes without compromising, WoU is a special case though as he's completely sentient and not a ******* idiot like most automatics.
And what do you mean? BIG is one of the closest comparisons to WoU in the whole verse, which is why I brought him up, BIG was defeated by being dropped into the ocean, and as such, will continue chasing waves for the rest of forever without stopping, no rest, no nothing, he's stuck in the ocean to perform his automatic tracking forever and it's stated he does as much, only ever stopping to chase waves to sink the occasional boat that passes by.

If you want more explicit stuff, Calamity has been kept up for nearly two decades in Rai's case, and WoU spent the whole arc multi tasking, hovering between watching foes and keeping an eye on things, fighting and even doing his usual job, which said arc took place over the course of about two weeks, but given he's an automatic post humous Stand, stamina literally doesn't matter for him, whether you blow him to bits or rip his head off or if you just be a pain in his ass for a long while, he's not gonna let up (Unless he decides this shit ain't worth the effort, in which case he may just discuss a compromise, so everyone wins and everyone can just go about their original business).

In the case of Tooru, his stamina is superhuman but nothing insane, he'd get tired after awhile, and while it likely won't matter, a few times a year, he has to enter a hibernation state for a few months, though Tooru isn't WoU, who's his own entity.

Oh well guess she VNs just wait till he tires but he can’t really damage her at all either. So Incon I guess unless restraining counts as Incap.

He won't tire though, his host will, after awhile, that's a given, but he won't. The longest he's ever been stopped for was a few minutes, and that was when his host was turned to dust and died and it reflected back onto him, which was actually a bad thing, not for him, but for those he fought, as without a host, he basically became unkillable and unstoppable by normal means, basically got rid of his weakness. They were goddamn lucky they had a hard counter.

And I say "he", as in WoU, for future reference, matches involving Tooru aren't really matches with him, he's a nonfactor, he doesn't even call the shots, his Stand does most of the time, even killing Tooru is just a minor inconvenience for the Stand, it doesn't hinder him, it's actually beneficial.

Should also mention that WoU is capable of spontaneously manifesting in the vicinity of anyone who's "pursuing" him, he can even manifest in multiple places at the same time, basically being in literally multiple places at once, as in, he can show up to a fight, while also being somewhere else doing his own thing, doctor shit I guess.

oops. My phone auto correct. I meant he couldn’t tire lol. Sorry for making you write so much for it. However, I guess that means she can’t restrain him so she incons with him.

Back