• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clockwork Construct Creature Combats Creature Called Clock

So. My own take on this.

Duodrones are still pretty not-smart IIRC and their only noteworthy ability (ignoring AE and stuff here since both are and can affect abstracts like that) is stat amping. CCC, on the other hand, is a skilled swordsman and can use reality warping for minor effects like damage boosts. States he has a Kikai but is separated from it so not a factor here.

Eventually it comes down to AP, since ability wise no obvious victor appears (though I lean heavily in favor of Clock). This is where the issue appears. Even using the highest value for crushing a skull, which is to dust, it's still lower than the feat a duodrone scales to- burning hands. 76.6x lower, in fact.

TL;DR Duodrone pretty casually one shots.

A CCC match? How? Not complaining but he is a really obscure even for Inganock since the info for him comes from untranslated stuff.

CCC i heard killed Dragon (Sekien no Inganock) which apparently is above Stone Golem or something but of course since it's untranslated nothing we can do with that.

@Celestial Pegasus: To be quite frank I put "9-B Non-Physical Interaction" with "Concept" & then "Abstract" (No quotes in any of the search.) to find characters who were 9-B with NPI.

In any case, @Celestial Pegasus, I doubt you have anything to say about the issue of Duodrone having over 76 times better AP?

Of course, if harming Modrons of Quadron variety or lower DON'T need Non-Physical Interaction capable of harming Abstract Existence Type 1, then there's a much greater variety of opponents available.

I've seen some debate on Discord about lower levels of Modrons being more fit for Type 2 AE; Supposedly, destroying the physical body might be sufficient.

Supposing a Duodron scales to 8,118,935 joules I think I can think of at least one other potential opponent, if NPI to hit AE Type 1 is still needed.

Same on that. Wasn't sure if I should upgrade CCC based on Dragon supposedly being superior to Golem but even then, he's a vague char whose only known exploits are slaying monsters and Critters in Inganock.

Granted he DOES have Cracking but the only thing I've only heard of him on that is having 3 that we know none of and his Kikai is literally unknown AF.

If only I were able to buy the Steampunk World Guide, I'd be able to do something about that DX

Mr. Bambu said:
So. My own take on this.

Duodrones are still pretty not-smart IIRC
Yeah they aren't super bright

Capable of interpreting two commands at once, duodrones serve in the forces of the modron army as corporals and sergeants, or as special shock troops armed with thrusting and crushing weapons.

Typically, they are given only a single command at a time, allowing them the limited ability to react. If ordered to attack, for example, they will do so until the enemy is slain and then seek out a new enemy, rather than attacking each other. Duodrones have limited conversational ability, but they can report their operations and observations clearly and completely.

Better than the Monodrone at least.

Monodrones are barely intelligent. They are unable to speak or read, but can understand commands spoken in the tongue of their race (although they will heed only a duodrone). Monodrones are capable of just one action at a time. Tell them to attack and they do so until slain, even if that means attacking each other after the enemy has been obliterated. Order them to guard and they guard without food or sleep. It is fortunate that they feed on the very substance of air around them; otherwise, it would be necessary to order them to eat every day.

Well yes, but a Duodrone also has higher AP/Striking Strength & Durability than a Monodrone, & a Monodrone is already massively above CCC, right?

Yeah, that's basically the problem. 9-B is a really wide tier.

Back