• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clone Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are like, 6 similar wikis that use the Tiering System.

This is nothing new, and we can't (And likely shouldn't) do anything, since our tiering system is based off the one of Anime Character Fights.

And everyone use the same system, for once I would like they use something different. I would create my own system, but I'm too lazy and old to due that by my own.

There's a lot of them and they aren't against any rules.

Daba@ What would they gain? Nothing. Just like us, we gain nothing.

And I can say with no doutb that those wikis will turn dead at some point.

Also, I don't know if this changes anything, but the guy straight up copy and pasted what's on this onto his.

Sir Ovens said:
I bet the clone wikis feel real stupid now that we changed our tiering system.
Also, most of their pages are plagiarized from our wiki.
Yup. I noticed it when I saw the Darkseid page had the same intro as ours.

Promestein said:
There's a lot of them and they aren't against any rules.
Well, according to the Fandom rules they technically have to give credit to us in all directly copied pages, but I agree that they do not seem to cause any harm.

From what I've seen Ant, the guy who made it has completely copied this wiki and is passing it off as his own.

Well, in that case I would appreciate if one or more of our staff members talk with him and tell him that he must give visible credit to this wiki on his front page and other important pages, as it is required by the Fandom rules if he does not want his wiki shut down.

This wiki is under CC-BY-SA licensing.

https://www.fandom.com/licensing

Wikis Using the CC BY-SA license

To grow the commons of free knowledge and free culture, all users editing or otherwise contributing to wikis that use the CC BY-SA license agree to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely for any purpose, including commercial use, in accordance with the CC BY-SA license. Such use is allowed where attribution is given and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute applies to any derivative works of the contributions.

By editing or otherwise contributing to a wiki that uses the CC BY-SA license, you agree to license any text you change or contribute under the CC BY-SA license.

Plagiarizing and credits must given.

"Such use is allowed where attribution is given" means that they have to give credit to us by linking to this wiki.

I am an admin of that wiki. I joined sometime after it was created. I have just uploaded an disclaimer. Hopefully that helps, if there is anything we need to do then please let me know.

Thank you. That is probably fine then.

I suppose so, although you should leave a link to this wiki as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back