• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

again the noise was heard and an extremely low murmur, probably it was something far away like not being recognized at first for those who are not focused enough

As he got closer, he could see a girl fully dressed with a lot of clothes and a cape trying to open a container of water gallons, to see if she had a gallon of water but when she saw that it had a padlock and apparently could not open it with a clip, since she returned to putting it in her hair, she is actually frustrated because she didn't want to damage the lock.

"If it's rusty or there's nothing, I'll go crazy" the girl said in a low voice

"Aye, you there... You a monster or somethin'?" he asked softly, slightly lowering his aim at her knees instead of her head, lifting his face as he looks at her weirdly.

"Aye, you there... You a monster or somethin'?" he asked softly, slightly lowering his aim at her knees instead of her head, lifting his face as he looks at her weirdly.
The girl turned to the direction in which she was called to see quickly, then she saw how she was being pointed at so she tried to use logic

"Wait, don't shoot, I haven't done anything, I'm just trying to find water" The girl said with both hands raised while she looked at the boy who was threatening her.

"don't shoot, even if I were your enemy, which I am not, you could attract attention with the noise you make when shooting"

The girl turned to the direction in which she was called to see quickly, then she saw how she was being pointed at so she tried to use logic

"Wait, don't shoot, I haven't done anything, I'm just trying to find water" The girl said with both hands raised while she looked at the boy who was threatening her.

"don't shoot, even if I were your enemy, which I am not, you could attract attention with the noise you make when shooting"
"Ya sure ya ain't trickin' me? I've seen one turn into a human before, so I'mma ask you somethin' only a normal person can.." he said, his gun still not wavering as he raised an eyebrow before dropping it.
"Who's the King of Rock and Roll?"

"Ya sure ya ain't trickin' me? I've seen one turn into a human before, so I'mma ask you somethin' only a normal person can.." he said, his gun still not wavering as he raised an eyebrow before dropping it.
"Who's the King of Rock and Roll?"
"Elvis,... Elvis Presley" Said the girl, she hoped he wouldn't shoot her, she didn't want to end up there but only God knows what will happen.

"Okay....." he said, keeping his gun to his hip, "Sorry for uhh, tryin' to shoot you... Ain't expecting to find a human in this godforsaken place of crap."
"Don't worry, I also thought that I might have become the only human being by not seeing anyone for months" The girl said, while her posture improved.

"I'm Noah by the way" she said as she formed a smile

"Don't worry, I also thought that I might have become the only human being by not seeing anyone for months" The girl said, while her posture improved.

"I'm Noah by the way" she said as she formed a smile
"Dene, great to meet you..." he said, trying to form a slight smile but frowning immediately as his stomach grumbled...

"Dene, great to meet you..." he said, trying to form a slight smile but frowning immediately as his stomach grumbled...
The girl blinked before searching for something.

"Well, Dene, thanks for not shooting and I think you need it a little more than I do" she said as she took out a can of small sausages.

The girl blinked before searching for something.

"Well, Dene, thanks for not shooting and I think you need it a little more than I do" she said as she took out a can of small sausages.
"Ah man, thanks... Haven't eaten for like uhh, two days... y'know? So... Really appreciate it.." he said, as he slowly eat them.

"Ah man, thanks... Haven't eaten for like uhh, two days... y'know? So... Really appreciate it.." he said, as he slowly eat them.
"That's okay, once time, i have 4 days passed with hungry, I almost died if it wasn't because I found a coffe shop that still had some meat in good condition" The girl said as she watched the young man eat.

"Hey, since when are you here? I mean in the city"

"That's okay, once time, i have 4 days passed with hungry, I almost died if it wasn't because I found a coffe shop that still had some meat in good condition" The girl said as she watched the young man eat.
"That's rough...." he responded.
"Hey, since when are you here? I mean in the city"
"Well, that's a long story... But uhh, I've been here ever since I was a newborn..." he said, casually playing with the borrowed fork before he continues eating.

"Well, that's a long story... But uhh, I've been here ever since I was a newborn..." he said, casually playing with the borrowed fork before he continues eating.
The girl nodded and continued.

"Well, I'm new here and I'm passing through, I'm checking the area to set up a small camp until I find a way to move quickly, I thought about using the cars here but most of them don't work for that, so I'm recovering the gasoline while I search food and water"

The girl nodded and continued.

"Well, I'm new here and I'm passing through, I'm checking the area to set up a small camp until I find a way to move quickly, I thought about using the cars here but most of them don't work for that, so I'm recovering the gasoline while I search food and water"
"Same here, but only on the food part... The monsters here are kinda "deal-able" so I'm worried more about the food, but I mean... can you get us outta here? That'd be... sorta nice."

In the distance, a single duck landed on a pond, getting ready to preen its feathers. Without even a quack, an arm drags in down the surface as it is silently drowned.

The pond's surface once calm and unmoving began to ripple as the humanoids floating above began to drift to shore. One of them slowly got up before quickly straightening up and letting out a horrid screech, its brethren doing the same.

It was time to hunt

In the distance, a single duck landed on a pond, getting ready to preen its feathers. Without even a quack, an arm drags in down the surface as it is silently drowned.

The pond's surface once calm and unmoving began to ripple as the humanoids floating above began to drift to shore. One of them slowly got up before quickly straightening up and letting out a horrid screech, its brethren doing the same.

It was time to hunt
"Oh crap, they're here...." Dene said, quickly chugging the last bit of sausages in the can before cocking his P90 once more, aiming at where the sound possibly came from.

The drifters began to spread out, running in oddly fast speeds despite their emaciated waterlogged appearance.

At this rate, they would be all over the city in just a few minutes

"Hello there," A tall man says he was dressed in a black suit and a white fedora gazed down at the two people standing there with cold and sharp red eyes. He spoke in a cold and indifferent tone and said, "I couldn't help but notice the predicament you're in do require any assistance."
(Too fast dude)

"We have to go, do you know of a place where they won't find us?" Noah said as she rummaged through her backpack, she pulled out a small pistol.
"Right back at my shack, follow me." he said, as he peeks in for any of those creatures to pop out. He looked here and there, luckily finding none. With his other hand, he signalled her that the coast is clear, slowly walking as he exits the building.

"Right back at my shack, follow me." he said, as he peeks in for any of those creatures to pop out. He looked here and there, luckily finding none. With his other hand, he signalled her that the coast is clear, slowly walking as he exits the building.
Noah followed the boy, she was attentive to see anything suspicious that happened, she hated having to face the Waterboarders

Noah followed the boy, she was attentive to see anything suspicious that happened, she hated having to face the Waterboarders
As they exit, Dene kept his focus and aim towards any approaching enemy. "I'm kinda worried about the girl... She is kinda hot though, so it's best to cut myself some slack or else I ain't gonna have a girlfriend in this hellhole." he thought, continuing his slow trek towards his shack.

Noah noticed how the silence became present, the concern became present in her, she could feel like something was not right, she looked everywhere, she did not want it to end like this, assimilated like many other of her relatives or other people

"It is close, we must move further away or at least find a very high place" She said in her thoughts

(Excuse me what the ****)

On their way, the familiar running pace of a drifter could be heard just a few feet away... and then it stopped
(my man's on a mission)
Dene was weirded out by the running sound, and was about to reach for his "flowers", but then scanned around the area, "I have a gut feeling they're close..." he muttered, moving slightly faster, as if he's walking yet running at the same time.

Last edited:
The silence was broken by an earpiercing screech from a dreadful location, up

Looking above, they noticed a single drifter at a higher floor in a nearby apartment, presumably rising from a bathtub or kiddie pool or perhaps simply one which wandered a little too high up.

Whatever the reason was, they were now spotted. The drifter soon dropped from the balcony, splattering in front of the two survivors into a splash of water and body parts as the eyes of its brethren can be seen in the darks streets and alleyways surrounding them

"
The silence was broken by an earpiercing screech from a dreadful location, up

Looking above, they noticed a single drifter at a higher floor in a nearby apartment, presumably rising from a bathtub or kiddie pool or perhaps simply one which wandered a little too high up.

Whatever the reason was, they were now spotted. The drifter soon dropped from the balcony, splattering in front of the two survivors into a splash of water and body parts as the eyes of its brethren can be seen in the darks streets and alleyways surrounding them
As they start surrounding them, only one thing came to the boy's mind right now, and that is too... run.
His instincts kicks in as he grabs Noah's hand, running away as he brings her to his shack, albeit forcefully.

(Look, the apocalypse is not a good time for simping)
(The dude's just want food and some company, though he is looking for a gf. He isn't really that head over heels for her)

(Wait, he's already knowledgeable on contraband?)
(He knows what it does, but he doesn't know it's a contraband. He just found it from a dead survivor and decides to keep it)

During their run, one of the drifters manages to tackle Dene into a nearby wall, its left hand restraining him with its usual wet disgusting grasp. Its other hand was outstretched, water flowing freely from the spaces between its bony fingers

During their run, one of the drifters manages to tackle Dene into a nearby wall, its left hand restraining him with its usual wet disgusting grasp. Its other hand was outstretched, water flowing freely from the spaces between its bony fingers
Dene grunts in pain, trying to shoot it but to no avail. Luckily, he manages to get a hold of his flowers, which floated around the creature. He shot a bullet, which then turned and rebounded around the flowers, moving in unnatural ways. It then makes it course towards the Drifter's hand, going through it.

Back