• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Community Messages

Sheoth

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
[This is mostly for the staff, but anyone is free to chime in]

Ok, this has been slightly bothering me for a very long time.

When going to the Wiki Activity page, the bottom right corner will display a text box reading "Community Messages." It still has the default text in it saying that someone should write something important on it. I know this is very minor, but honestly putting in some kind of important messages or reminders would only take 10 minutes max and would give the wiki a more complete feeling.

Any thoughts on what should be written down?

Yes, but any ideas on what specifically should be put down? I don't want to unilaterally do it myself without others thoughts.

Ohhh... has the JavaScript lockdown ended???.

Perhaps some rules/suggestions to always be polite to each other in debating and things like that..

Yeah, I was thinking things like, "don't flood the comments with arguments on characters rankings," or "Dont complain about the Dragonball rankings in general," and "follow the proper format when making a character page."

Things like that.

Well, you could check through our rules section on the main page for what you think are the most important rules to be written there. "Don't flood the comments sections", "follow the proper format", "behave in a civil manner", etcetera are all good options, although the Dragon Ball one is more of a minor specific rule. I think that we should stick with big general ones.

Write your suggestions for the rules to be featured here before changing the infobox please.

So heres what I've literally written in the edited infobox:

Welcome to the VS Battles Wiki Activity!

This page will help you stay up to date with what's happening on the wiki, and to remind you of several important wiki rules put in place.

Important Rules to Remember:

• Please do not flood the comment sections with large walls of text/images.
    * When making character profiles, be sure to follow the Standard Format.
    * Behave in a civil and unbiased manner when commenting on any profile or post.
    * Do not spam, troll, or use offensive language on any of the pages.
    * Use correct grammar and spelling to the greatest extent possible.
Please enjoy your time at VS Battles Wiki!

Anything you would like changed, just tell me and I could input it.

Well, not at the moment, but I can take a look at it later. I am afraid that I am a bit busy with the daily backlog right now.

I have now edited the community message box. I mostly stuck with your version, but made a few minor modifications.

Thank you for your help, and it is excellent that you were attentive enough to notice this.

Back